It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US could need third dose of 'quantitative easing'says Ben Bernanke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

US could need third dose of 'quantitative easing'says Ben Bernanke

www.guardian.co.uk

America may need a third dose of quantitative easing (QE) to avoid its economy slumping back into recession, Ben Bernanke predicted last night.

The chairman of the Federal Reserve defended his decision to launch a second $600bn (£382bn) stimulus programme – dubbed QE2 – last month. Appearing on CBS News's 60 Minutes, Bernanke said it was "certainly possible" that the Fed would open the QE floodgates again, if the US recovery does not pick up pace.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sigh...The shenanigans just never end with these people.

'QE 3' on the way next?

The world's biggest counterfeit organization and financial terrorists are just going to continue printing up those I.O.U. notes and handing them to everyone who already has billions of them in surplus until they are no longer good for anything but toilet paper.

Every time this guy opens his mouth I cringe.

We need Ron Paul to head the oversight commitee and take this org down. The sooner the better.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Did you read the statement that accompanied the announcement on QE2? The US Federal Reserve have left the door wide open - till about 2014.

China is slowly starting to sell Treasuries and may, effectively, underwrite the Eurozone for more political power at the IMF. It's a rumour, that is currently circling around Brussels.

You can expect QE4, too, btw

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh well, I guess the dollar didn't crash yet, and they are tired of waiting....

enter QE3.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My guess is that they are deliberately trying to crash the dollar, and the economy.

Either that or they are so incredibly inept and clueless that they just keep doing the same thing, over and over, ad infinitum, expecting to achieve a different result.

But something tells me it is the former, and not the latter. These folks are quite calculated, and rarely do things without some motive in mind. I think they have some follow up scheme of capitalizing once they've tanked the dollar.

LOL @ the article talking about the economy GROWING...

For WHOM?

These people must think the whole world is completely stupid. Anybody with 2 eyes and 2 ears on their head can see that for the average person, the economy is, and has been a complete nightmare.
edit on 6-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Our Country Better Wake Up!!

I was recently surfing Youtube and came accoss this video, at first I thought the guy would begin speaking hate....I was wrong. His message is interesting.

Have a look...
www.youtube.com...

God Bless

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They are printing loads more money. What are they doing with these piles of cash? Do they hand it out to Government departments to spend as they like? Do they loan it to banks or just give it away?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This coffin sure has a lot of nails in it...

At what point of printing and printing and printing does the rest of the world realize there is no value to the US dollar? China and Russia seem to be catching onto this but how many other countries will it take for the US to officially be dethroned from the worlds reserve currency?

The market signs and actions are extremely confusing. History has told that before the fall of currency it is usually intentionally devalued IE: QE version 1 2 3 4 5 etc....

The intention appears to be the willing destruction of the US dollar, this doesn't make much sense unless you have a very swift back-up plan set up in place to ease the chaos that would ensue when people realize they are working for free...

I don't know I'm really on edge with this whole scenario with my own personal finances because of my retirement and savings potentially being nothing but safe and secure scraps of meaningless paper...

I'm starting to think I need to cash in my retirement early even with penalties, and invest my retirement and savings into silver or gold that I will physically hold in my hand.

At least there is some reassurance in gold and silver knowing that throughout the history of the world those two things will always be the foundation of "value" in any monetary system or society. They are the root of wealth.

Scary stuff

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I reckon they have more money than any of us can imagine, and they can print forever, to get there nwo.

Enough said.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yep-I think you are on to something here. That is why another one of the largest criminal banking orgs, JP Morgan, is buying up precious metals like hotcakes.

The precious metals may be where we are headed as currency once these pyramid scheming monetary fraudsters get done making off like bandits from looting the treasury and tax-payer base.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

In order to devalue a currency you can no longer simply change its' valuation - during the Gold Standard period, that was the requirement. After the collapse of the system you *literally* needed to crash a currency in order to devalue it. And it's a very dangerous game.

i.e Zimbabwe.

Another theory is quite brutal and shows the elites true rancor and scorn for it's own population. If the United States has to decline from the dizzying heights as the dominate power then it will take everyone with them. There is a clandestine plot, it seems, is to destroy the infrastructure as much as possible with President Obama being the candidate of destruction - not change.

His mission was simple: he had to fail.
edit on 6-12-2010 by infinite because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2010 by infinite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thought some might like to watch this, it perfectly explains why "the Ben Bernank" does quantitative easing.

thread
edit on 6-12-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Deleted: Mdv2 beat me to it.

edit on 6-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Haha, I thought I double posted it, it was just a matter of seconds though

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Supposedly the bail outs were "successful". The massive loans made were paid back quickly and no companies ever became delinquent on their payments. Their share prices are up, they are posting profits and have been for the most part, even while paying back those loans...

It doesn't seem to me that the problem lays with the banks and other corporations.

It seems to me the problem is that a huge majority of the American people have been disenfranchised by our corporate state. The spenders have no money to spend. They have had their homes taken, defaulted on credit cards, cars repossessed and they are just trying to stay afloat.

We can shock the patient as many times as we want, he isn't going to survive with no blood in his veins.

It's a ploy to pass public wealth to the wealthy or worse.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

The quantitative easing is supposed to reduce unemployment.
Unemployment is still sky high, and that's a primary objective of the Fed: controlling unemployment. US statistics on unemployment are fake, yet they represent figures that are characteristic to depressions.

This shows how severe the situation actually is:

Delta Air Lines is having what might possibly be the most-popular job search in a long time: More than 100,000 people have applied for just 1,000 openings as flight attendants.

Delta Air Lines is Hiring 1,000 New Flight Attendants; More Than 100,000 Applied
edit on 6-12-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ask yourself, why did the Weimer Republic engage in quantitative easing?

If you do, it explains why the Federal Reserve is still printing Dollars and sending them abroad....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

YES.

The pie-charts and numbers guys on unemployment statitistics are ALWAYS tweaking numbers and stretching figures, not including certain representatives, etc., etc....

And the same goes for the "economy experts"...They can make a trainwreck look like a luxurious cruise. lol.

How many times over the past few years have we heard "the recession is over", or "the economy is growing", and yet the average person looks all around them and is going, "Huh?"

Pure propaganda from the Elitists and gov to try and appease the masses and keep them asleep.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

The government was instructed to do so, under orders of the French, to pay off foreign debt.

Correct me, if I am wrong, but the biggest receivers of the Feds ridiculous printing of US Dollars into the system were foreign banks.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

No you are not wrong.

At least that is SOME of the recipients that they actually admitted to.

The rest they simply would not disclose. Always hush-hush, back door deals, and always reassurances and blowing smoke up the arses of the masses that it is for "everyone's benefit".

Anyone with more than a couple of braincells in their head can see just how much we continue to "benefit" from what they are doing, over and over. lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join