It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Moon's Street View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Is this the Moon's Street View

www.thesun.co.uk

THESE Google Moon images seem to show a lunar city of 30ft buildings in grid-like patterns.

Steven Dean of Dudley, West Mids, reckons it's a secret Nasa base.

But experts said it's more likely to be pixelation in the satellite pics.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is an interesting but short on information story coming from Brittan’s Sun Tabloid today about an anomaly in a moon photo that some are claiming is a moon base with neatly laid out streets and 30 foot buildings.

While the photo of the moon appears to be genuine enough, I am not so sure about the picture depicting a Google Street View of the moon, though I imagine if such a view exists from Google some of the avid sky watchers and UFOtologists here on ATS might know more about this.

Wikileaks is now promising to release UFO files and it’s possible in theory more might be forthcoming about U.S. Government involvement in space or the moon.

I thought it would be interesting to put this story out ‘there’ to see what some of the other members might have in the way of research on these phenomena.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nah, it's just the result of digital image compression.

Much more likely explanation than a civilization where none can exist.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i saw this in the sun today. good for you for linking and threading. curious,also,there is a wikileaks UFO article under it. can you link as well?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That's it is it? Three paragraphs?? This sounded like a really interesting story over on the home page, and then I find we get just three paragraphs; basically: "Is this a city on the moon? No. Ok."

No sources or anything, can always trust the sun.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Folks this is absolutely caused by digital image compression, and are artifacts or errors in the image caused by the compression method.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Just because something isn't possible in your mind doesn't necessarily make it impossible!

Good find op.. After all my lookin into the rabbit hole, I can't help but think.... Truth is stranger than fiction!

I can't wait till I have the chance to grow my own saucer and go have a butchers at the moon myslef!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
i saw this in the sun today. good for you for linking and threading. curious,also,there is a wikileaks UFO article under it. can you link as well?

This is the wiki-leaks article that appeared in the Daily Mail over the weekend promising disclosure.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I opened a thread on that here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Just because something isn't possible in your mind doesn't necessarily make it impossible!

Good find op.. After all my lookin into the rabbit hole, I can't help but think.... Truth is stranger than fiction!

I can't wait till I have the chance to grow my own saucer and go have a butchers at the moon myslef!

I once dreamt I was stranded on the moon with an old girlfriend who was mad at me because I didn't let her bring her motorcycle!

I have a funny feeling something is up there, it's all so confusing though with the way NASA has maybe been there, maybe not been there.

If we have been there it doesn't make much sense why we never went back.

If we haven't been there it doesn't make much sense why we aren't earnestly attempting it.

There is something peculiar about it all.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Interesting thread, is this the Moon or not...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b05675ddc39.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What kind of image is that?

Hey, I have a radical idea. How about putting a probe on the moon with a high resolution video camera, similar to what they allegedly put on Mars so we can go exploring? Who knows? Maybe with a little bit in ingenuity, the probe can use a live video feed instead of the Photoshopped nonsense we saw from Mars or wherever it was, if it was any place at all.

I know this would take money away from epic failure projects like the space shuttle, but it might be worth a try.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It looks like pixel to me,

does anyone know the coordinates so I can survey the area myself?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Can't have the peasants knowing what we're really doing, now can we?
Even if they did put a live feed up there, it would either be poor quality, or would stop functioning when they needed it to.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Honestly. In this case, it does look like pixelation or image degradation.
But just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Honestly. In this case, it does look like pixelation or image degradation.
But just my opinion.

It most likely is, but I love the way it's all layed out in squares like that.

Makes it look like a nice little lunar farming community.

Grey Acres!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I once dreamt I was stranded on the moon with an old girlfriend who was mad at me because I didn't let her bring her motorcycle!

Perhaps that was what happened when you went through what we're about to go through the first time round?.. Who knows, it's a crazy old ride we're on!

If we have been there it doesn't make much sense why we never went back.
If we haven't been there it doesn't make much sense why we aren't earnestly attempting it.

It is very perculier... But if truth is stranger than fiction.. Then the idea of NASA being 'warned' off the moon doesn't seem as 'strange'... Just look at our track record.. It kinda makes sense.

The whole of our history is very peculiar!

Here's some more peculiar pixilations of www.marsanomalyresearch.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Mars this time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Thanks for a link, and I do agree our entire history is suspect, which is why I took the time to rewrite it all myself in my All Roads Lead to Rome thread.

Life is often stranger than fiction, and there is something very strange about our moon program and it's abandonment.

Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join