It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Commission Rips Justice Dept. Over New Black Panthers Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The report, approved Nov. 19 but released Friday, has been published on the commission's website. It says the department has failed to cooperate with the investigation and left open the question of whether political interference played a role in limiting action against the New Black Panther Party.

It recommended the Justice Department give the commission additional authority to prevent future conflicts of interest that arise when it asks for information from the attorney general or department. It notes that refusal to comply with commission requests creates an inherent conflict of interest since the commission is an adjunct of the Justice Department.

"The department, however, refused to allow anyone with firsthand knowledge of the lawsuit to testify before the Commission and failed to provide critical documents relating to the Department's decision-making process,"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

The case stemmed from an incident in Philadelphia during the 2008 presidential election in which two New Black Panther Party members, King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson, stood in the entrance to a polling place wearing paramilitary gear and shouting racial slurs. One of the men had a nightstick.

A criminal investigation into the episode was dropped by the Bush administration, but a civil suit was brought in January 2009 against the men for alleged Voting Rights Act violations. But after a default verdict, the department dropped the charges in May 2009 against all but one of the defendants and reduced the punishment against the last.

Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and this was white people? We wouldn't stop hearing about it in the media and in fact, we would be discussing ways in which to pass new laws to make sure that such organizations couldn't exist. There would be massive protests and continouos media coverage damning the very genes of these people. However, they were black so everything is okay and in fact, these guys should be awarded. You have got to be kidding me and this is perfectly indicative of the lack of progress between race-relations. Nothing got better, it just did a complete 180 or pole reversal.

It is clear that these guys were allowed to even do what they did, for political reasons and double standards. I couldn't even enter the polling station with an inch diameter sticker on my shirt. Then, it is clear that they weren't prosecuted because of the color of their skin. Had they been white or maybe even Latino, they would be burned at the steak and we wouldn't never hear the end of it. Then, to top everything off, it was clear that the Justice Dept and government completely failed at seeking justice, on the civil and criminal side, all sue to the color of their skin and the brand of their racism.

What really kills me is the double standard and ignorance that so many people seem to have, especially with neo-liberals like Bush and Obama. These guys were clearly there to spread a political message, at the very least, and when I can't even drive up to the parking lot with a bumper sticker on my car or a button on my shirt, then these guys shouldn't be able to stand there with weapons in a militant poise, spreading their racial hate.

On another note, it's pretty funny how the media was constantly buzzing about ignorant, racist white people who wouldn't vote for Obama due to his skin color, and while I semi agree with them, nobody though to apply that same logic to the many, many more people who would and did actually vote for Obama, simply due to his skin color. Wouldn't they too be ignorant and racist? Well, not in this society with an obvious double standard.

These racist thugs were obviously there to intimidate and spread their racist political message, yet they completely got away with it due simply to their skin color and the brand of racism they were projecting. Anyone who thinks different should just ask themselves what would happen if the KKK did the same a polling station down the street.

FWIW, I'm of the mind (or political ideology) of liberty, or that people should be able to believe in whatever they want to believe in, so long as it doesn't impede someone else's right to do the same. I don't agree with racism, though at the same time, I don't agree that I have the right to force my will on anyone else, such as not being racist. I also don't agree in double standards or any standards really, at least not set by the government. If something is wrong for one group to do, then it should be wrong equally. With that being said, I do believe what these black panthers did was wrong. I support their right to be black panthers and I even support their right to be racist, though I don't support their actions of posting up at a polling station with a militant poise in an effort to clearly intimidate. The double standard is just the icing on the cake and an underscore to the point.

--airspoon

To read the report in full: www.usccr.gov...
edit on 6-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

What are you whining about Whitey? This is the "Change" so many have "hoped" for!

Now, along with the Republicans, get in the back of the 'bus.'

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and this was white people? We wouldn't stop hearing about it in the media and in fact, we would be discussing ways in which to pass new laws to make sure that such organizations couldn't exist.

Yes, I could. It's called the Tea Party.**SNIP** Seriously, I know white people are absolutely desperate to claim they're being "oppressed" in some way, 'cause it makes them feel hip or something, but... you're not being oppressed. Your racist, crazy jackasses aren't being arrested, they're getting elected. So really. Just stop.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
edit on Tue Dec 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and this was white people? We wouldn't stop hearing about it in the media and in fact, we would be discussing ways in which to pass new laws to make sure that such organizations couldn't exist.

Yes, I could. It's called the Tea Party. **SNIP** Seriously, I know white people are absolutely desperate to claim they're being "oppressed" in some way, 'cause it makes them feel hip or something, but... you're not being oppressed. Your racist, crazy jackasses aren't being arrested, they're getting elected. So really. Just stop.

I can say with 100% certainty that this is by far, one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on this site.
edit on Tue Dec 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: ***SNIP** removed by staff

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Wow, theres always one of you on here.....................I guess name calling and idiocy is the only means you have instead of an honest debate. This whole deal was racist, Obama is cool with it, and it speaks volumes of how, why, and who elected this bumbling idiot.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So logically you could point to an incident where a white member of the Tea Party movement stood in front of a polling place with a billy club in hopes to persuade black voters to vote a certain way?

That is the logical conclusion I have pulled from your post.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This case is more thn 2 years old now, it involved two idiots standing outside a polling place hurling insults. They were eventually removed by the police:

Any other day this would be a typical incident involving menace's to society being delt by the police, but oh drama, conservative outlets decided to whine and make this out to be voter intimidation! This is the first time I saw conservative media outlets and individuals go on so much about racial civil rights (because any other day I'd be hearing the term "political correctness") and I assure you, it still astounds me to this day. So charges were brought against these guys, what happened?

At issue is an incident on Nov. 4, 2008 -- the day of the presidential election -- when New Black Pather Party members Jerry Jackson and King Samir Shabazz stood outside a Philadelphia polling place dressed in black military-style uniforms. Shabazz held a nightstick, and the two men were accused of making intimidating remarks to both white and black voters.

Yep,

On January 7, 2009, a couple weeks before Obama took office, the Department of Justice filed a civil action in federal court accusing the two men, as well as the New Black Panther Party and its leader Malik Zulu Shabazz, of engaging in voter intimidation. Although none of the defendants responded to the complaint, the Department decided last year to drop its case against all but King Samir Shabazz, the one with the nightstick. The department asked for, and got, an injunction prohibiting Shabazz from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling location until 2012.

One of the individuals got injunction so action was taken. Its ironically until 2012 which has lead many conservatives with outrage that they are allowing this man to stand around a voting station again! Oh worries me! I have be scared to go and vote again! Moving forward:

The Civil Rights Division at the Department of Justice, which handles all racially motivated voter intimidation offenses, determined that "the facts did not constitute a prosecutable violation of the federal criminal civil rights statutes," according to testimony provided by Thomas E. Perez , Assistant Attorney General, on May 14, 2010. Justice spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler confirmed to PolitiFact that that determination not to file criminal charges was made prior to the filing of the civil case.

In other words, the decision not to pursue criminal charges was made by the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division prior to the Obama administration.

www.politifact.com...

Essentially there were two individuals standing in front of a voting center hurling out all sorts of things. Evidently their agenda was political and judging by the night sticks, they wanted to stand strong (what were they going to do, the two of them?
). There was insufficient evidence pointing to the fact that they actually intimidated any voters. There were no physical assualts, they were removed eventually, those at the polling station who complained they were intimidated (if there were any) did not provide sufficient evidence that they were forced or moved in anyway. This incident is nothing new, it happens whether it be infront of a voter polling station or a school or whatever. Loud vocal people yelling out all sorts of things, and it is little different to many in the tea parties or among other extreme movements.

So why are conservatives still going on about this? Despite the many many other minor incidences of similar nature before? Because it's political as usual, because it involved two black panther members, because it involved the Obama administration, and because the election outcome was not favourable. So people try to make none issues big issues as an excuse to attack the government once again, and it is rather pathetic. We are at the end of 2010, and there are still people trying to hit the dead horse, 2 years on.

What do they want? Jail time for some minor issue two years ago, then what? Ah yes, it's back to Obama's birth certificate.

Now as for the civil rights commission criticizing the justice department for the handling of the black panthers incident?:

www.usccr.gov...

The Commissioners serve 6-year terms. No Senate confirmation is required. The President may remove a member of the Commission only for neglect of duty or malfeasance in office.

PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTEES
CONGRESSIONAL APPOINTEES
Gerald A. Reynolds (Chairman)
General Counsel - Eastern Division
American Water Works, Inc.
Lexington, KY
POLITICAL AFFILIATION: REPUBLICAN

Abigail Thernstrom (Vice Chair)
Adjunct Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
New York City, New York

Peter N. Kirsanow
Partner, Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Arnoff

Cleveland, Ohio
Ashley L. Taylor, Jr.

Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP
Richmond, VA
Arlan D. Melendez

Chairman and Chief Executive
Reno-Sparks Indian Colony
Reno, Nevada
POLITICAL AFFILIATION: DEMOCRAT

Michael Yaki

MICHAEL YAKI CONSULTING
San Francisco, CA
POLITICAL AFFILIATION: DEMOCRAT

Gail Heriot

Professor of Law, University of San Diego
San Diego, CA
POLITICAL AFFILIATION: INDEPENDENT

Todd F. Gaziano

Senior Fellow in Legal Studies
The Heritage Foundation
Washington, DC
POLITICAL AFFILIATION: INDEPENDENT

www.usccr.gov...

6 of the 8 commissioners are Republican candidates, and don't be fooled by the two independents, they were Republicans who reregistered as independents. Abigail Thernstrom, for example, has been a known partisan of the Republican party and conservativism. Just Republicans looking out for their constituents. Please by all means have a look at the link above. One of the commission majority worked for the heritage foundation, another neoconservative outlet. Its hackery I tell ya, and it aint surprising.

Could you imagine if the roles were reversed and this was white people?

I can, infact I've actually seen it in action. I've seen white people hurl all kinds of racial and insulting remarks in public. I've seen hispanic folks do the same. I've seen white folks carry guns in DC as a threatening way to send a message. I've seen black people likewise do this same. For the most part these incidences are let go because people have the right to say what they want and walk the way the want, and those who "disturb the peace" are usually dealt with the authorities accordingly, as was evident at the black panther incident. There is nothing new here, just the same old victim card being taken out from the rightwing following the elections.

There would be massive protests and continous media coverage damning the very genes of these people

Really, there are? Theres alot of attention among conservative groups and media tanks, but then again the birther issue gains far more attention, as does Obama's supposed gay and islamic beliefs. So I can't say I'm surprised.

However, they were black

Ah yes, so folks here will take out the race card for anybody who accuses a white person of racism, but when it involves a black person, it must be true! Reversed no? Two individuals making a scene at the voting station who were eventually removed. One of them was charged and given an injunction. I've seen plenty of other people, black and white, cause more of a ruckas and not even taken action from by the police. And please, the voter intimidation claim holds no water. The videos themselves show nothing more than two highly disturbed individuals. I didn't see any physical threats, they were removed.

especially with neo-liberals like Bush

Bush is a type of conservativism that has continued to be voted in since the 1980's. He is no different from Reagan, or popular tea party speakers such as Palin and Angle, or Bachmann. These individuals hold strong support and continue to gain support from conservative communities. So no, neo-liberals they are not, hypocrites they are, but conservatives continue to vote.

Anyone who thinks different should just ask themselves what would happen if the KKK did the same a polling station down the street.

Actually I don't think it would have been any different. Two white guys standing around hurling insults and wearing nazi or KKK brands on their backs, eventually removed by police, and then dismissed the next day. I see the exact scenario occuring with them. If you can show me actual footage of a similar incident where white individuals were treated differently, by all means.

Liberty

Its good you meantion liberty now. Liberty requires freedom of speech, even if it may be offending or vocal, and we cannot charge people for speaking what they feel. These two black panther members are no different, and there is no evidence pointing to them making physical or verbal threats for voting against passers by. They were making a scene, different case.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

On another note, it's pretty funny how the media was constantly buzzing about ignorant, racist white people who wouldn't vote for Obama due to his skin color, and while I semi agree with them, nobody though to apply that same logic to the many, many more people who would and did actually vote for Obama, simply due to his skin color. Wouldn't they too be ignorant and racist? Well, not in this society with an obvious double standard.

Are you so sure that Blacks should have been feeling they were well represented by the predominantly white parliament over the last fifty years?
If they felt they weren't, and complained, wouldn't your response have been to tell them to put a Black guy in if the whites were ignoring them?

When people have been discriminated against for so long, complaining about them working to stop this discrimination is ridiculous.

I support their right to be black panthers and I even support their right to be racist, though I don't support their actions of posting up at a polling station with a militant poise in an effort to clearly intimidate.

These guys TRIED to look intimidating . . .
After all the times people have been deprived of the right to vote, by having there names left off roles or excuses being found to prevent them voting, did you complain about those cases?
Excuses have for so long been found to prevent Blacks voting, and you want them punished severely for trying to right things.

It's good they were removed, but the fact is, they were exercising their freedom of speech, and they never hurt anyone.

Tea Party Nation President Says It ‘Makes A Lot Of Sense’ To Restrict Voting Only To Property Owners

PHILLIPS: The Founding Fathers originally said, they put certain restrictions on who gets the right to vote. It wasn’t you were just a citizen and you got to vote. Some of the restrictions, you know, you obviously would not think about today. But one of those was you had to be a property owner. And that makes a lot of sense, because if you’re a property owner you actually have a vested stake in the community. If you’re not a property owner, you know, I’m sorry but property owners have a little bit more of a vested interest in the community than non-property owners.

You want voters to be able to vote freely?
Then this guy is the one you should be worrying about.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

This case is more thn 2 years old now, it involved two idiots standing outside a polling place hurling insults. They were eventually removed by the police:

It was a little more than two idiots standing outside a polling station hurling insults. It was two radical racist extremists with weapons, standing outside of a polling station with an apparent effort to intimidate in order to project their radical political views.

When I can't even park in the parking lot of a polling station because of a bumper sticker or I can't even have a tiny little button on my shirt, yet these thugs posted in front of the whole building, projecting their message of hate.

Look, what I care about is the double standard, not how they were punished. You can't honestly tell me that if the roles were reversed and those were KKK members or skinheads, that heads wouldn't have rolled because of it. There would be resolutions passed through the senate, a never-ending media barrage of how white people constantly keep the "black man down", etc... This is spite of the very fact that such rhetoric is completely false.

The truth is, black people aren't oppressed anymore than white people are. White people don't get a break in life just because they are white. That's complete ignorance. There are many black people who are far more successful than me or my neighbors. Color of skin hardly has anything to do with it at all.

--airspoon

reply to post by Kailassa

Are you so sure that Blacks should have been feeling they were well represented by the predominantly white parliament over the last fifty years?

This isn't about race. I'm white, yet I haven't been well represented either. You are fooling yourself if you think that just because someone of your same race is in power, means that you are going to be well represented. Sadly, it's about money and power, not race. The distinction is about class, not skin color. It's just like with slavery, where many people falsely believe it to be a racial issue when it wasn't.

For one, there were many black slave owners and even some white slaves, along with Chinese and a few other races too. Now granted, the majority of slaves in the US were black, however most whites had nothing to do with slavery at all. The chances are extremely good that if your white, your ancestors probably had nothing to do with slavery at all. In fact, far more black people profitted from the slave trade, than did whites, seeing how not only were there black slave owners, but the vast majority (99%+) of slaves being sold out of Africa were in fact sold by Africans. Furthermore "whites" or "blacks" didn't own slaves, the elites owned and utilized slaves and they were the sole benefactors of such a policy too.

This issue, not unlike the issue of today's priviledge, is about class and not about skin color. Just because the very few people at the top of the food chain happen to have the same skin color as me, doesn't mean that I am responsible for their actions or that I somehow benefit from their policies. that's just absurd and foolish to think otherwise. In fact, it's just as ignorant to think that all black people are responsible for violent crimes, just because a few people who happen to commit violent crimes share the same skin color. It's the same logic being used.

The sad fact of the matter is that you can't blame an entire race for the actions of a very minute or small group of people. We see that as racist when we apply that logic to any other group or race of people, though it seems to be politically correct to apply that flawed logic to white people.

So moving back to these racist radicals who posted up in front of a polling station (with weapons), their government has represented them just as much as it has represented me or any other non-elite (to include radical racist whites), yet some-how it's no big deal if they try to impose their will on others. Give me a break. I can also guarantee that the Bush/Obama Admins wouldn't have stepped in on behalf of them either, had they not been black racists.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It was a little more than two idiots standing outside a polling station hurling insults. It was two radical racist extremists with weapons,

Uhuh.

So when tea partiers carry weapons around in a defensive and threatening form, it's defending their constitutional rights, but a black panther member carrying a melee weapon? Call the police and call the judges! They must be locked up!

Once again, whether they were extremests or idiots standing with melee weapons who were eventually removed by the authorities. Why do you continue to bring this up as issue? As a racial issue? 2 years to the fact? Even if they served sentences how long would those sentences have been? The nature of this incident is so minor compared to everyday issues, it's obvious it is being blown out of proportion by people like you for political reasons.

When I can't even park in the parking lot of a polling station because of a bumper sticker or I can't even have a tiny little button on my shirt,

Oh so this is really about you? Who stopped you from putting a bumper sticker on your car? I'm calling BS. Please oh please give an example of an incident that proves that claim above.

Look, what I care about is the double standard, not how they were punished. You can't honestly tell me that if the roles were reversed and those were KKK members or skinheads,

I can. There have been incidences where KKK members walked in a threatening way and were removed by police. They were not charged with any crimes. It has happened time and time again and you must have your head in the sand to not notice is. If you are so outraged about some double standard it should not be hard to simply pluck out evidence or good examples.

Please, show us examples of these standards, otherwise your just talking in my eyes. And again let me remind you, the civil rights commissions consists of Bush hacks, 6 out of 8 of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Liberals keep talking about the racist element in the Tea Party when they aren't even racist.
The group has no leadership and are made up of a collage of walks of life, they not categorizable, so saying they are racist makes no sense.

The new black panther party however..... now this is a racist movement!
The liberals only talk about the Tea Party though and not the BPP.

It's disgusting

People NEED to remember, if you want to end being discriminated upon you can't just be anti-discrimination against blacks, you have to be anti-discrimination period!

If you are only against discrimination against black people or white people then you just supporting the target of racism to change like the seasons, it never-ending and a vicious cycle of nonsense.

If you want to end racism you have to want to end racism.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If Tea Partiers were doing it a polling station in a clear attempt to intimidate voters in voting for their candidate, then yes, they should be prosecuted in the same way. Furthermore, my issue is of the double standard. The Tea Party doesn't forward a racist agenda or racist ideologies. The Tea Party, a political activist group and the black panthers, a racial extremist group, are two entirely different entities with two entirely different subjects. The Tea Party can be likened to any other political group, such as the Democrats or Republicans, while the black panthers are likened to the Neo-Nazis and skinheads. The Tea Party (and I'm no tea-partier) champions the Constitution and liberty for all, regardless of what color you are or your religion, while the black panthers champion racial bigotry and discrimination.

Comparing the Tea Party at a rally, exercizing their god-given and Constitution potected rights, with the Black Panthers, breaking the law, spreading racial hate and hampering our Constitutional rights to vote for political candidates, are two very different things and if you can't see that, then you are beyond hope and I may as well be talking to a rock.

What makes this all the more crazy, is the clear double standard. Remember all of the talk before the election when the media was all over the idea that some people may not vote for Obama because of his skin color? Yeah, well the media seemed to simply ignore the very fact that many, many more people actually voted for Obama due simply to the color of his skin. How is not voting for him based on his skin color racist, while voting for him based on the same reasons aren'? I don't get that logic that is so ignorantly expressed.

These racist thugs were clearly doing what they were doing because there was a candidate who had the same skin color. Had skin heads or KKK members done the same, we'd still be hearing about it today and in fact, I'm sure there would be Congressional hearings and RICO prosecutions. Instead, these racist idiots who broke the law basically got away with it, with help from the federal government at the top echelons and people are actually defending their behavior without fear of retrobution. Again, had this been the KKK or Neo-Nazis, anyone who dare defend them or step in on their behalf, would be playing career suicide and might even face criminal prosecution.

The issue here is not so much that these racist thugs did what they did, as that is expected by racist thugs, especially when there aren;t any repurcussions or negative consequences. Instead, the issue is of the clear double standard and how it's okay to do this, so long as your brand of racism is considered to be politically correct.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It's only obvious, ONCE AGAIN, that SG chooses to provide blatant proof of his utter disregard to the sensibilities needed to provide a fair and equal society here n America. I mean really, White folks could go back to being just as ignorant as this Criminal SG supports, and then some.

What SG refuses to acknowledge here is the White man's willingness to evolve beyond race to give the Black man his God given rigt to be free... however even freedom - under God - has its limits:

New Black Panther Leader King Samir Shabazz “You’re going to have to kill some crackers. You’re going to have to kill their babies.” (Video & Transcript)

So SG, here's the blatant, viscious truth. Want to kill some white babies too?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You have shown absolutely no evidence or actual examples of other similar incidences that indicate a double standard by the courts and the administration. "Talk" is all I see.

You said you could not put a certain bumper sticker at voting places, wheres this law?

You said that whites are treated differently as opposed to these two black individuals, where is the evidence of a similar event in which whites were locked up?

Please, I'm waiting to review these "injustices against white people" that you speak of.

If Tea Partiers were doing it a polling station in a clear attempt to intimidate voters in voting for their candidate, then yes, they should be prosecuted in the same way.

Many tea partiers have already made numerous threats concerning the president and his supporters and the government, whether it involves bloody revolution, or any kind of retaliation. These "threats" have been taken lightly and no action has been taken against these individuals. It's their right to say whatever the hell they want, and those tea partiers carrying their weapons menacingly? No action was taken against them neither, and I would not think sentences would need to be put on them. Its talk at the end of the day, from frustrated republican conservative voters.

Now if these two individuals were tea partiers standing infront of a polling station, one with a baton, I'd call the cops to have them removed. Would not expect any charges necessarly. If they were just standing there, I don't see any probable cause for them to be sentenced. A night in the pen would be enough.

Furthermore, my issue is of the double standard. The Tea Party doesn't forward a racist agenda or racist ideologies.

The tea party doesn't, but many tea partiers do. You evidence for this double standard is merely your opinion, which doesnt show me where the courts or the administration(s) is wrong on the matter. An example of an actual incident of similar nature handled differently would be appreciated.

The Tea Party, a political activist group and the black panthers, a racial extremist group, are two entirely different entities

Once again, your personal opinions. They mean nothing to this case.

with two entirely different subjects. The Tea Party can be likened to any other political group, such as the Democrats or Republicans,

I thought the tea party was not a political party? And whether we are discussing a political group or a racialist group (in whichever definition by any individual) the actions are the same.

Comparing the Tea Party at a rally, exercizing their god-given and Constitution potected rights,

By advocating violence if things don't go their way. I don't see that as a god given or constitutional right.

What makes this all the more crazy, is the clear double standard. Remember all of the talk before the election when the media was all over the idea that some people may not vote for Obama because of his skin color? Yeah, well the media seemed to simply ignore the very fact that many, many more people actually voted for Obama due simply to the color of his skin.

So essentially, the attempts by people like you to drum up the black panthers issue is to get back at the administration because it was highlighted that many people would not vote for Obama because of his skin. You took offense to this along with others, so this is just payback? Has little to do with actual civil rights? Well you are making it the more clear to me.

It was on both sides that the presidents skin colour came into a factor. Many people voted for McCain because of Obama's skin colour, and many blacks voted for Obama because of the same reason. This is a reality, we do not live in a perfect world, and this is not all the more reason to cry that the sky is falling to get back at the otherside.

These racist thugs were clearly doing what they were doing because there was a candidate who had the same skin color. Had skin heads or KKK members done the same,

Well you see, this is the problem. You fail to bring up actual cases where the individuals were treated differently. I have heard of skinheads and KKK members being sentenced to jail, for killing or physically attacking other people. I have never come across a case where they were sentenced for simply standing around saying all sorts of things or carrying batons. Until you bring up an actual case, all I see is whining on your part.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

He is a racist and said horrible things, so you want to lock him up because that? Really? I am well aware of this individual and I saw the documentary. His horrible views does not constitute to him automatically being locked up. Equally horrible things have been said by many people but really, you gotta grow some skin and realize that kind of mentality exists. It ain't enough to lock em' up.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Your man is violating the voting rights of white people by permitting black racists to harass voting places and you call the guy who posted the article a whitey and a racist. You should be ashamed of your racist self because you sure would not want whites to act that way if the a president was letting the KKK get away with harassing you at your voting place. If a white president did this to black Americans, I would be angry about it and I am not black.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Liberals keep talking about the racist element in the Tea Party when they aren't even racist.

Tea partiers insisting there is no racism in the tea parties. If I had a nickel.

People NEED to remember, if you want to end being discriminated upon you can't just be anti-discrimination against blacks, you have to be anti-discrimination period!

Oh I'm anti-discrimmination in all cases alright. I just don't believe that racist blacks should be locked up for it, and racist whites should be admired for their freedom of speech. I'm glad you got the picture, maybe now folks can celebrate freedom of expression and speech on by sides, instead of keeping shut when it doesnt suit their political agenda.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

He is a racist and said horrible things, so you want to lock him up because that? Really? I am well aware of this individual and I saw the documentary. His horrible views does not constitute to him automatically being locked up. Equally horrible things have been said by many people but really, you gotta grow some skin and realize that kind of mentality exists. It ain't enough to lock em' up.

Are you playing dumb here? It is not that he says racist stuff. It is that he parked his nasty self out front of a voting place and said racist stuff trying to intimidate people to keep them from voting. He violated people's civil rights. Yes, even white people have civil rights. Obama and his homies want to deny that and I imagine they are going to get questioned by Congress in front of TV cameras about it. More Lefty racist trash.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
Are you playing dumb here? It is not that he says racist stuff. It is that he parked his nasty self out front of a voting place

No I am not "playing dumb" here, are you? We have been discussing that very incident extensively for the majority of this thread. Read the responses. The youtube video posted by the previous member was on one of the black panther members views, which was racist and radical. It was not regarding the actual incident that was discussed in the OP.

He violated people's civil rights.

How so again? Did he physically force people not to vote? The police came in and removed them from the voting center. The main individual was served an injunction. Despite them standing there, nobody was turned away from the voting center, and after those two individuals were escorted, anybody afraid of those two could have gone ahead and vote. There was insufficient evidence to point to anybody's vote being blocked that day so why are people like you making a scene? Do you want them to serve life sentence for this to suit your political conscious?

Stop whining, it happened 2 years ago, they were removed. Nobody was forced to do anything.

Yes, even white people have civil rights.

I am well aware of that. Who's civil rights was violated again?

Obama and his homies

More Lefty racist trash.

Ah, more political tripe. Evidence keeps mounting up that the agenda behind this thread has little to nothing to do with civil rights.

edit on 7-12-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I know white people are absolutely desperate to claim they're being "oppressed" in some way, 'cause it makes them feel hip or something, but... you're not being oppressed.

Affirmative Action put idiots into power in this nation to oppress the smart people. In a Free World we wouldn't need Affirmative Action, if you are smart you would make it in a Free World.

We don't live in a Free World. We live in a Affirmative Action Fascist State which uses the Federal Treasury to buy off it's needed minions to keep the robbery going.

The EMTALA Act gave 100% free healthcare to illegal immigrants from all over the world...who break into the US. Who pays for it? White and Blacks.

Obama took the 2014 Food Stamp Funds as collateral to take out a loan of Billions...so he can pay Union Teachers and Police...to oppress. Who's paying for it?

Blacks won't be getting Food Stamp funds in 2014. Neither will whites. Both will be forced to pay the new Federal Tax in 2014, ObamaCare. Blacks and Whites will be oppressed to give hand outs to illegal immigrants...free school for their kids, free Section 8, free welfare, free healthcare..

You better believe there is oppression in America. It's not only whites, but blacks as well. The Latino Drug Cartels are taking America over street by street and killing off the blacks that used to handle that drug territory. Is Obama helping his fellow Blacks out? Nope...he isn't securing the border and in fact is HELPING the foreign drug cartels get more territory in America.

Its all about money. You better believe there is oppression in America. Whites and Blacks are losing their country. By 2020 this nation will be speaking Spanish.

As long as we allow them to divide white and black and play their Social Propaganda Warfare game the elite will keep getting rich..they don't care if America in 2020 turns into a Drug Cartel ran country. They'll be living in Dubai laughing at how stupid Americans were.

I think you are naive to think Whites and Blacks are not being oppressed right now for monetary/political gain.

top topics

join