It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul On Wikileaks: "A constant state of alarm must be fostered among the people to keep them fo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Excellent Speech by the Good Doctor!

State secrecy is anathema to a free society!!!

I completely agree with what he is saying, and it's really getting ridiculous and is also a spotlight on how our media really is, not that we didn't already know but this is quite widespread.
Almost every mainstream news station I read only talks about the action of leaking the information and not the information itself, how the hell is that journalism?
On what planet is this journalism?

The neoconservative ethos, steeped in the teachings of Leo Strauss, cannot abide an America where individuals simply pursue their happy, peaceful, prosperous lives. It cannot abide an America where society centers around family, religion or civic and social institutions rather than an all-powerful central state. There is always an enemy to slay, whether communist or terrorist. In the neoconservative vision, a constant state of alarm must be fostered among the people to keep them focused on something greater than themselves, namely their great protector – the state.

Great Speech!

We should view the Wikileaks controversy in the larger context of American foreign policy. Rather than worry about the disclosure of embarrassing secrets we should focus on our delusional foreign policy. We are kidding ourselves when we believe spying, intrigue and outright military intervention can maintain our international status as a superpower while our domestic economy crumbles in an orgy of debt and monetary debasement.

I'm glad there's at least, even if one, elected official that consistently speaks the truth!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

S&F for you.

second

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Revealed: Assange ‘rape’ accuser linked to notorious CIA operative

One of the women that is accusing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange of sex crimes appears to have worked with a group that has connections to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Swedish prosecutors told AOL News last week that Assange was not wanted for rape as has been reported, but for something called "sex by surprise" or "unexpected sex."

One accuser, Anna Ardin, may have "ties to the US-financed anti-Castro and anti-communist groups," according to Israel Shamir and Paul Bennett, writing for CounterPunch.

www.rawstory.com...

Wow!
Arrest Him For Crimes Of Sex By Suprise!!!
He Had Balloons And Everything And Screamed Suprise

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
to be quite honest here,
I think Ron Paul doesn't know
everything he needs to know
before he defends wikileaks.
If Ron Paul finds out that
wikileaks funding is coming
laundered through several
George Soros foundations,
then he needs to stop
supporting wikileaks
or else he tarnishes his
reputation by associating and
supporting Soros funded propaganda.
Paul needs to do his homework
before going any further.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
to be quite honest here,
everything he needs to know
before he defends wikileaks.
If Ron Paul finds out that
wikileaks funding is coming
laundered through several
George Soros foundations,
then he needs to stop
supporting wikileaks
or else he tarnishes his
reputation by associating and
supporting Soros funded propaganda.
Paul needs to do his homework
before going any further.

Or he can continue to defend Freedom of the press and the first amendment regardless of how people feel about it. To be a true defender of the constitution you must defend everyone's right to speech even if you disagree with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ron paul is not sticking up for wikileaks. He is using it as an example of our horrific foreign policy. Nothing else really.

We should view the Wikileaks controversy in the larger context of American foreign policy. Rather than worry about the disclosure of embarrassing secrets we should focus on our delusional foreign policy.

Where is he supporting WL?
edit on 12/6/2010 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Where is he supporting WL?

right here

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
nice post thank you... star and flag to you....

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
Or he can continue to defend Freedom of the press and the first amendment regardless of how people feel about it. To be a true defender of the constitution you must defend everyone's right to speech even if you disagree with it.

there is a difference between freedom of speech
and being paid by a billionaire to air dirty laundry
for an agenda.

1 is not illegal, the other is

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Apparently Paul isn't privy to the kind of information you are. Maybe you should warn him?

to be quite honest here,

edit on 6-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Apparently Paul isn't privy to the kind of information you are. Maybe you should warn him?

by golly ur right
lemme find his e-mail

/sarcasm returned

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

for an agenda.

There is no difference. If someone is a publisher, they have 1st amendment protection. If someone is a blogger, they also have first amendment protection. The hate spew coming from all ends of the media and internet spectrum are protected under freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

It does not matter if the top secret documents were dumped to the NY Times, Wikileaks or to me personally and then published in a news paper, blog or torrent file, it is all protected speech and press.

The criminal act is the person who stole the documents. Once the documents are handed to any publisher, the publisher not only has the right to publish them, but also has a patriotic duty to make the public aware of the content if it in it self reveals illegal actions with in the documents.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
as a member of a country spied on by america in exchange for freedom
i wounder how much technical information has also been taken
i wounder if you realize that your forien policy makes you look worse than china
i can say that because we have one of you spy bases in our country
(cant say which one or where) but i beleive its spying on our citizens is wrong
our country goes in the countrys you attack and we supply medical and infrastructure support
to countrys that have been destroyed in the name of your freedoms
as an country dont you see your forign policy is doing damage to all you encounter
and its our job to come in and clean up the mess
if you want us to be your little brother
dont spy on us and make us clean up your mess

xp

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

for an agenda.

There is no difference. If someone is a publisher, they have 1st amendment protection. If someone is a blogger, they also have first amendment protection. The hate spew coming from all ends of the media and internet spectrum are protected under freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

It does not matter if the top secret documents were dumped to the NY Times, Wikileaks or to me personally and then published in a news paper, blog or torrent file, it is all protected speech and press.

The criminal act is the person who stole the documents. Once the documents are handed to any publisher, the publisher not only has the right to publish them, but also has a patriotic duty to make the public aware of the content if it in it self reveals illegal actions with in the documents.

Help me out with some of my own ignorance here folks.
Assange is not a US citizen, do our rights to Freedom of Speech and Press even apply to him? Isn't he an Australian citizen living... somewhere else? For that matter, he was last placed in Britain, do their rights protect him? Is he a citizen there? Is there a world Constitution that protects his right to speech or press?

This is an interesting and underlying thing people bring up when it comes to his rights. I'd like to know just who gets to decide what rights this man has. What umbrella of protection or written document decides if he is within his rights?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Though not an operation echelon fan, nor indeed a fan of any goverment sopying on people, i think your own goverment must be aiding the US to set up i8ts spy base in return for data and spying on you guys, which youyr goverment maybe cant by law, buit can exchange info with the US...see?
just a guess....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If the United States want's to prosecute him, then they have to have a law that he violated, and if they are using laws of the United States to arrest him, then he is entitled to protection under the constitution.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I think Ron Paul doesn't know everything he needs to know before he defends wikileaks.

You have completely missed the important point that Ron Paul is making. His comments are directed at our frequently misdirected foreign policy. We have become the bully of the world, trying to disguise it, as "protecting democracy". In reality, we are trying to push our thoughts and practices down the throats of countries that want no part of it. In the process, we have alienated a vast majority of the world's population. How many million lives have we snuffed out, under the guise of trying to "save them"? We wanted to get rid of Sadam, and even though he was really no threat to us, we carried out a disgusting "Shock and Awe" campaign, brought to you live by CNN, and bombed Iraq back to the stone age. All to get rid of one person. Millions were killed during the Viet Nam war, to "prevent a communist "takeover", and in the end, it was for nothing. Obama continues Bush's irrational war in Afghanistan, ignoring the obvious lessons of history , from ancient times, through the failed Russian invasion, of any attempt to "conquer that nation.
Ron Paul understands this, and also understands that our nation is crumbling, as a result of the thievery of the Banksters and greedy politicians, whose hands as just as bloody, regarding the plight of our nation.
Regardless of who is funding Wikileaks, the fact remains that the "secrets" revealed merely show how corrupt our policies are, and how corrupt and two-faced our politicians are.
We need more people like Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the most fair minded US politician of the last 40 odd years . If I were an American citizen he would always get my vote.

Great speech Ron .

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's straight out of 1984. The need for a constant unending war. All part and of social control. I likeen the "War on Terror" or the "search" for Bin Laden to the purpose of Emmanuel Goldstein in 1984

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

If the United States want's to prosecute him, then they have to have a law that he violated, and if they are using laws of the United States to arrest him, then he is entitled to protection under the constitution.

Receiving stolen documents is a crime.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join