It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD is necessary because they are making us blind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You think these actors, etc like high definition? That technology puts a spotlight on every wrinkle and pimple they have.

After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that HD is necessary ....

We stare at ultra bright laptops, PC's and TV's all the time, this is like staring at the sun. We will eventually damage our eyes. My sight went from pristine to handicap status over night. The powers that be know this, so instead of issuing a warning, they create a format that puts things in greater focus.

HD is like a pair of cheap glasses my friends, don't be fooled

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

huh?

I do not understand the basis of your topic... first you say HD is necessary, then you say it causes blindness... and then refer to HD as "cheap sunglasses" which is completely contradictory to what you said prior...

I'm sure all electronics damage us in some way... sit further away from your TV or go live in the bush.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck

huh?

I do not understand the basis of your topic... first you say HD is necessary, then you say it causes blindness... and then refer to HD as "cheap sunglasses" which is completely contradictory to what you said prior...

I'm sure all electronics damage us in some way... sit further away from your TV or go live in the bush.

The ultra bright screens do the damage my friend. I sat next to a bright laptop for 7 years, my perfect vision is now ruined. I know what the culprit is and it's not old age.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
You think these actors, etc like high definition? That technology puts a spotlight on every wrinkle and pimple they have.

After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that HD is necessary ....

We stare at ultra bright laptops, PC's and TV's all the time, this is like staring at the sun. We will eventually damage our eyes. My sight went from pristine to handicap status over night. The powers that be know this, so instead of issuing a warning, they create a format that puts things in greater focus.

HD is like a pair of cheap glasses my friends, don't be fooled

Hogwash, My vision is still pristine (enhanced perhaps) by playing lots of video games on my HD TV.
Your eyesight could be the sign of Vitamin A deficiency.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

That's unfortunately one of the side effects of getting old mate, crap vision. How can you even liken TV screens to the sun?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Before stating this, you should first fund a research group to obtain evidence. Otherwise, present it as a theory.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I shall destroy my 22" lcd monitor at once.

I need to squint at my 15" crt more, it appears...

rofl

edit on 6/12/2010 by badw0lf because: I stared at the sun, and saw god....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

From what my Mom taught me, it's not computer use that causes blindness! Though if I start going blind, I will certainly blame the computer as well... Way less awkward.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
HD is definitely mind control, locking people ever more closer into "real life." And now there is 3-D movies, give me a break.

"Hey, you want to go see Avatar?"
"Why?"
"Cause it's just like walking around in real life."
"Wow, can't wait to be there."

How about not worrying about how high def your tv is and start using your eyes.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Experts do say that you should spend time looking at something further away every 20 minutes on your computer. as you can damage your eyes.

Even as a child we were told not to sit close to the television as it will "ruin your eyes" that was standard definition
edit on 6-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
I shall destroy my 22" lcd monitor at once.

I need to squint at my 15" crt more, it appears...

rofl

edit on 6/12/2010 by badw0lf because: I stared at the sun, and saw god....

LOL all you want bruh, have you noticed that every new product that comes out, the selling point is how " bright" the screen is? They even started putting LED's in electronic devices, LED's are for clubs & disco light shows

Wake up my friends
edit on 6-12-2010 by Better Mouse Trap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have been staring at PC monitors for 20 years now work and play. My eye sight still rocks

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
I have been staring at PC monitors for 20 years now work and play. My eye sight still rocks

Love the HL culprit with the Santa hat

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
HD? How about the new Video games? Bloom effect and Motion Blur, apart from High quality Lightnings like Crysis. Don't play Video Games. Check out Directx11 super bright stuff there. I already see Children being born with glasses. Don't let them play VG. The school allowing computer is another problem. Like the CGI HD explosive effects?
Just compare The Expendables explosion (Yes, Stallone actually used real explosion and people are brainwashed and complaining about he crappy explosions.) vs those CGI movies(the new ones).

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

High Definition is actually good on the eyes...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I suggest you learn physics, then you would know that the energy contained in a photon is proportional to the frequency (times planck's constant). Because the LEDs are not producing higher frequency photons than the visible spectrum (which is not high at all) then they are not very high energy either.

Only UV and higher really damage your eyes. It's not the amplitude of the light that matters; it's the frequency. Computer monitors are bad for your eyes because you focus at a fixed distance for extended periods. But it's not the light coming from them that makes your eyes go bad.

Furthermore, your argument makes no sense. If they were making us blind, then why would hi-def then be necessary? The opposite would be true. If they were "making us blind" then they would be trying to sell us lower-definition monitors /TVs so that we wouldn't recognize that we were blind. You need better eyes to focus on hi def. Anyway, your argument is dumb. Not everything is a conspiracy. There is a thing called "consumer demand", ya know...
edit on 23-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i play video games all the time but my sight is good

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
HD is necessary so that electronics / media companies can make us buy new TV's cable boxes and all of the movies that we already have on a slightly different format once again.

Up till this point some people had the cheek to be using TV's that were up to two years old after they threw their old non wide-screen sets away, obviously no one at Sony et al could stand for that kind of nonsense.

Don't worry about HD it will be obsolete within the next 5 years I promise
edit on 24-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Cathoray tube TV's are actually brighter than LCD's...

My grandma has been watching TV regularly since the 60's and she can see better than I.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
never really thought of it like that

top topics

<<   2 >>

join