It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread Comcast Outage 12/5/2010-12/6/2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Comcast Down - Whole Eastern Seaboard
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Another major outage this evening:

Widespread Comcast outage, and how to route around it
www.annarbor.com...

Posted: Dec 5, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Comcast has suffered an outage, reports Chicago Breaking News, which extends to Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Minnesota. The troubles started at about 8:30 p.m. Eastern time, and are related to the Comcast domain name system (DNS) servers.
This is not the first Comcast outage related to name server issues, reports Engadget, which points to an earlier set of name server outages on the East Coast that affected network users in late November. Similar issues occured in 2005, reported CNET at the time.

Service just came back on completely around 1:15AM. I was off since about 9PM. Freaked me out, what with all the Wikileaks stuff going down.
edit on 12/6/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: last two sentences

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Damn it! I thought I did something to my computer. I was using a new reg. cleaning tool and once I got done I opened my browser back up and jumped on ATS no-problem but other sites weren't working. Then slowly one by one sites that were working were dropping off,and then there were none working. But my IP was fine so I was puzzled. So I changed my NIC and was po'd for the last couple hours. Finally changed my DNS and it started working.

Wish I had known about this a couple hours ago.

edit on 12/6/2010 by BrokenCar because: grammer

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I am on a comcast connection, also watching tv via comcast. I live in northern ga. Exactly where is the area of outage taking place?

Edit to add: Nevermind, I got the link to work, I see the area of outage now, thanks.
edit on 6-12-2010 by space cadet because: to add info

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCar
I opened my browser back up and jumped on ATS no-problem but other sites weren't working.

I noticed that too, I thought it was weird. ATS was the only site I could access. I used the chat room for about an hour, no problem. I could only load one thread (tab) at a time, and it took a while to load.
What's up with that? Why is ATS special?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I am on a comcast connection, also watching tv via comcast. I live in northern ga. Exactly where is the area of outage taking place?

Edit to add: Nevermind, I got the link to work, I see the area of outage now, thanks.
edit on 6-12-2010 by space cadet because: to add info

Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Minnesota

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Been having issues with my Comcast service for the past 5 days now here on the central coast of California.
The Service has been going on and off for minutes to hours at a time. Very annoying!

new topics

top topics

join