It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA confirms: Aliens are among us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I couldn't find this video on ATS after a quick search so I thought I'd post it up here.

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on 5/12/2010 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So Nasa is telling us stuff a great deal of people already knew,I dont need Nasa to tell me aliens are here,Should keep the sheep amused though .maaa

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Residents of Arizona have known this for quite some time. Seriously though, I don't know if this new life form could be considered alien, but it certainly opens up the possibility that planets with what we consider poisonous atmospheres could indeed support life. I have always thought that to be a possibility, because our definition of life and what is needed to support it is only based on what we know of Earth, which is pretty close minded. Maybe somewhere in another galaxy, or perhaps our own, there is a planet with a civilization much like ours but they breath carbon monoxide and oxygen is poisonous to them. Pretty cool thought I guess.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hasn't this news been around for a week now, with multiple threads on ATS?

Anyway heres an analysis calling Nasa out on shoddy work.

rrresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
A seemingly retarded announcement for the sheer fact that the "new" life form was terrestrial... What most people don't realize is that oxygen can be a toxic gas too. It's just that the organisms that populated Earth way way back in the day adjusted to consuming it. NASA has had a very limited view of the acceptable habitats that bacteria and microbes can call home. Just because Earth is the only planet we know of with abundant life doesn't mean that all life must follow the carbon-based oxygen breather model. I can only imagine what kind of "new E.T." they will find when they dig deeper into the Earths mantle.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I think this new find actually lends credibility to the idea that the universe itself is geared towards life - After all here we are claiming we already have 2 structurely different types of life on earth when the chance of life getting the right circumstances to exist on any given planet are supposed to be astronomical.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The views expressed in this video do not match those of the poster

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Google---->Define: Alien--->extraterrestrial being: a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere.

This is on the Earth.

Title of thread does not match material present in OP.

edit on 5-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Google---->Define: Alien--->extraterrestrial being: a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere.

This is on the Earth.

Don't believe every definition you find online.

Alien can mean many different things depending on context.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

This is on the Earth.

I gave the thread the same title as the video. Therefore the name does match the material in the OP to an extent. Enough of an extent for me to be in the right.

I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. When I post a video on ATS I call the thread the same name as the video.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Morgelons disease anyone? Perhaps the lake is a hotbed of ET life of the Silicone based kind? Interesting once humans and animals begin to merge what the species will become in evolution.

This is the frog in the pot theory guys, they are prepping people for eventual disclosure and to make the crowd understand in simplification that the Universe is teaming with life and all of those meteor's and space debris falling to earth could have been seeding this planet with strange new life for as long as the planet has existed.
edit on 5-12-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I still see this as misleading.

My first thought was, awesome I can't wait to meet them.

Something like "Proof micro-organisms could be on other planets" would be more appropriate IMO

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The guy in the OP's video being interviewed isn't too bright -- and he's supposedly a "space entrepreneur". He says now we have we have to look on "Jupiter's moon Titan" for new forms of life. Titan is Saturn's moon, you dope. Go to 3:23 in the video to hear his blunder.
edit on 12/5/2010 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
only took them 60 years or so to finally admit it,

im impressed . NOT

over and out

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Non-standard forms of life have been found before, and will continue to be found. Example: en.wikipedia.org... ; those guys live on sulfur and excrete sulfuric acid.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Old news

really lazy search if any by the OP

Must be at least 10 threads already

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Morgelons disease anyone? Perhaps the lake is a hotbed of ET life of the Silicone based kind?

No there is no Silicon based life forms in Mono Lake

:shk:

This is the frog in the pot theory guys, they are prepping people for eventual disclosure and to make the crowd understand in simplification that the Universe is teaming with life and all of those meteor's and space debris falling to earth could have been seeding this planet with strange new life for as long as the planet has existed. ]

Well with all these Alien species visiting us by the thousands daily I would be more worried about what 'lifeforms' they leave behind when they spit, sneeze or relieve themselves on a tree. And what if some stowaway off world spider gets out of their ship? Didn't they recently discover a spider and a snake in Australia never seen before and that have the SAME deadly to human toxin?

Funny no one worries about that. Even NASA repealed the Alien contact laws as 'no longer necessary'

I hear they are expecting a new strain of Martian flu this winter... get your shots yet?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Non-standard forms of life have been found before, and will continue to be found. Example: en.wikipedia.org... ; those guys live on sulfur and excrete sulfuric acid.

Hmmm bet they would thrive on IO
Thanks for that link... didn't know about those before

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

That may be the case but it still very misleading... you do play god when naming a thread thats not in reported news section...

Maybe it should have been...

NASA confirms: Alien Microbe are among us... or

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brain T. Clifford of the Pentagon announced at a press conference ("The Star", New York, Oct. 5, 1982) that contact between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is strictly illegal.

I tried to google this guy and came up with nothing, do you know what ever became of him?

The definition of "extraterrestrial exposure" is left entirely up to NASA administrator, who is thus endowed with total dictatorial power to be exercised at his slightest caprice, which is completely contrary to the Constitution.

According to Dr. Clifford, whose commanding officers have been assuring the public for the last 39 years that UFO's are nothing more than hoaxes and delusions to be dismissed with a condescending smile: "This is really no joke, it's a very serious matter." This legislation was buried in the 1,211th subsection of the 14th section of a batch of regulations very few members of government probably bothered to read in its entirety, the proverbial needle in the haystack, and was slipped onto the books without public debate. Thus from one day to the next we learn that, without having informed the public, in its infinite wisdom, the government of the United States has created a whole new criminal class: UFO contactees.

Interesting how people began to come out by never before seen numbers after this to speak out about the ET?UFO phenomena. It is strange that they say "UFO" Rather than ET I mean who speaks with a car?

The lame excuse offered by NASA as a sugar coating for this bitter pill is that extra-terrestrials might have a virus that could wipe out the human race. This is certainly one of the many possibilities inherent is such contact, but just as certainly not the only one , and in itself not a valid reason to make all contact illegal or to declare contactees criminals to be jailed and fined immediately.

This was the part which your post struck a cord for me, you are right Zorgon, and like I stated it is falling from the Universal atmosphere anyway.

It appears the primary effect of such a law would not be to prevent contact, it would be to silence witnesses. If enforced, the law would prevent publication of contactee reports except under cover of anonymity, and unleash a modern inquisition in the Land of the Free

Do you suppose they will attempt this again and do you know what happened for this to be rescinded?

The aliens portrayed in V are the most horrifying and repulsive nightmares imaginable, who are defeated thanks largely to a CIA hit man specializing in covert operations, the tough guy with the heart of gold who with the aid of the handsome hero saves the human race. This is obvious and transparent propaganda, designed to do what the government's widespread use of dis-information, and Dr. Clifford's press conference about the absurd lemon of a law already on the books failed to do: squelch attempts to communicate or fraternize with UFO occupants.

Still up to the same old tricks...
1211.102 Definitions.

(b) (2): Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to )...
Even without involved in a UFO close encounter would become eligible for indefinite quarantine under armed guard according to the above. By including indirect exposure, the NASA administrator is empowered to make the definition mean just about anything he wants it to. An example of indirect exposure is given, but an example is not a definition. Unless indirect exposure is defined precisely, it can mean almost anything. The possibility is not specifically ruled out that other types of indirect exposure than the example given might be considered valid grounds to "quarantine" a citizen or group of citizens.

CRAP!!! I am so fortunate to have told the MIB who came to see me back then, "If you give me all the information you have thus far, if I have anything to add to it at that time I will, so until then goodbye and do not attempt to return to my Mothers home as I will be leaving now..."

In my opinion, it is vital that we challenge the validity of his law, for if it is allowed to stand unchallenged, UFO contactees and researchers may all meet behind barbed wire and armed guards somewhere in Alaska. I strongly urge everyone who reads the E.T. Law, Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations (at the end of this article), to clip it out, and send it on to your congressman, with a demand penciled in, to repeal this absurd and potentially lethal law. We must use reason, and transcend fear in order to make this planet a place where all may live in peace and harmony, as One.

Man will we ever be in great company!( Fema camps)

For anyone who wants to read more :

Text of the E.T. Law
1211.100 Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space
Part 1211 - Extra-terrestrial Exposure

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join