It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Declaration to preserve our rights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have written a letter in the style of the Declaration of Independence to our Governing bodies.

This Letter is by no means completely done yet.

Please feel free to help me to edit, add, or remove parts of the letter. There are also probably grammar errors too.

Please Note, that all wrong doings written in this letter must be backed by fact, and not opinion.

without further ado:

A letter to the Governing and Legislative Bodies of the United States of America

This is a Declaration to preservation of the rights of all The United States of America and it's Citizens.

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to hold their legislative bodies accountable for action committed against the residing citizens of a nation, actions must be taken in an effort to ensure they are afforded there constitutional rights and to preserve the freedom of a tyrannical government.

The Representatives of the thirteen original colonies of the “United States of America”, in a letter of “Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen United States of America” stated to the King of Great Britain the following words:

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -- That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all Experience hath shown that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security. Such has been the patient Sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the Necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The History of the present King of Great- Britain is a History of repeated Injuries and Usurpations, all having in direct Object the Establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid World.”

It has become evident that many of the rights established by the constitutional convention of the United States of America, and it's original bill of rights established and put into effect on December 15th 1791, have not been observed nor put into practice by the governing bodies and courts of law, which were established to preserve these rights. It has also been observed that many new laws, amendments and acts of congress have knowingly and deliberately been established in disregard to our original bill of rights and the constitution of the “United States of America”

The Governing Body of the United States of America (they) has enacted the “United States of America Patriot Act of Congress” which is in violation of our rights to freedom of self and property as stated in the United States of Americas' Constitution.

They have repeatedly taken personal property and monetary property from citizens unlawfully by imposing a national income tax on the people in direct violation of the constitution of the United States of America, and have enacted no law that require people to pay a National income tax.

Article 1 Section 9 of the United States Constitution States: that “No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.”

They have allowed and encouraged state and local governance to impose laws and codes that knowingly go against the civil liberties and rights of it's people in violation of the amendments of the United States of America.

The have knowingly allowed and accepted campaign contributions from corporate businesses in an effort to win an election. This gives a corporation the ability to cause corruption amongst our governing bodies, in an effort to further an agenda to suit their needs and not the needs, nor will of the people.

They have knowingly and intentionally created the “Federal Reserve Act of Congress” in violation of the United States Constitution thus giving control of our currency and debt to corporate finance companies and placed there officials in positions of influence in an effort to regulate or abolish regulations that make them more profitable.

They have repeatedly passed laws and amendments without prior knowledge of the people of the states they so represent.

They Repeatedly pass Laws, Acts of Congress, and Amendments to our constitution, that contradict the will and rights of the people they represent.

They have knowingly and intentionally been involved in covert operations, causing harm to the property and citizens of the United States of America, in an effort to declare war on a foreign or domestic persons.

They knowingly allow corporations to distribute our valuable commodities, such as oil, water, and minerals for a profit with little to no taxation of said corporations.

They have repeatedly allowed and encouraged the court systems and legislative bodies of the United States of America to pass ordinances and laws which hold the enforcers of the codes and laws unaccountable for actions that violate civil liberties and our bill of rights.

As citizens of the Fifty individual States unified to make the “United States of America” we petition you to address our concerns and observe our rights to live as free men. It is the obligation of both the governing body of the United States of America and it's people to protect the rights of every citizen at any and all costs, both on american soil and abroad.

We remind you that you are subject to those whom you govern and it is our duty to ensure you act on our behalf as Americans and protect our freedoms and liberties which are stated in the Bill of Rights of the United States of America.

In the Spirit of the Declaration of Independence of the thirteen original colonies of the “United States of America” we end this letter with a quote that is the backbone of our united country and charged to us by our founding fathers and soldiers who have given there lives for our rights as free Americans.

“...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,...”

Signed

The citizens of the United States of America

Now it's your turn

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That is pretty well written, after all it is impossible to follow Jefferson and the original. The next part is the toughest part though, are you prepared to pledge your honor, fortune, and LIFE for this cause?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
YES 1000 times over.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

I'm with you on this. Secure channels need to be created.
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I guess i have two questions here.

1. are there any amendments you would make to this?

2. would you be willing to sign your name in support of this document (not here though)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oh for Pete's sake, not ANOTHER one of these.

The government should put people that write these kinds of things on a watch list.

Let's take your grievances in order shall we?

The Governing Body of the United States of America (they) has enacted the “United States of America Patriot Act of Congress” which is in violation of our rights to freedom of self and property as stated in the United States of Americas' Constitution.

USA PATRIOT ACT

Can you be specific as to what parts of the patriot act are actually unconstitutional?

They have repeatedly taken personal property and monetary property from citizens unlawfully by imposing a national income tax on the people in direct violation of the constitution of the United States of America, and have enacted no law that require people to pay a National income tax.

Actually Article I Section 8 of the United States Constitution disagrees with you...

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Your argument:

Article 1 Section 9 of the United States Constitution States: that “No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.”

Is negated by, Amendment XVI which disagrees with you on this as well.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

They have allowed and encouraged state and local governance to impose laws and codes that knowingly go against the civil liberties and rights of it's people in violation of the amendments of the United States of America.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

States get to pass laws, sorry.

The have knowingly allowed and accepted campaign contributions from corporate businesses in an effort to win an election. This gives a corporation the ability to cause corruption amongst our governing bodies, in an effort to further an agenda to suit their needs and not the needs, nor will of the people.

In principal I do agree with you, however, the supreme court has decided that they can.

They have knowingly and intentionally created the “Federal Reserve Act of Congress” in violation of the United States Constitution thus giving control of our currency and debt to corporate finance companies and placed there officials in positions of influence in an effort to regulate or abolish regulations that make them more profitable.

Can you specifically show where the Federal Reserve is actually unconstitutional?

They have repeatedly passed laws and amendments without prior knowledge of the people of the states they so represent.

It's up to the people to keep aware of what bills and laws are being passed by this government, it's all too easy to check. thomas.gov... www.opencongress.org... Both are very valuable resources at your disposal which can let you check what is going on in your government. You not knowing doesn't mean much.

They Repeatedly pass Laws, Acts of Congress, and Amendments to our constitution, that contradict the will and rights of the people they represent.

Which amendments specifically do you object to?

They have knowingly and intentionally been involved in covert operations, causing harm to the property and citizens of the United States of America, in an effort to declare war on a foreign or domestic persons.

Do you actually have valid proof of this? Or is this just speculation and hearsay?

They knowingly allow corporations to distribute our valuable commodities, such as oil, water, and minerals for a profit with little to no taxation of said corporations.

I think those companies would disagree with you, and their tax records would probably disagree with you as well.

They have repeatedly allowed and encouraged the court systems and legislative bodies of the United States of America to pass ordinances and laws which hold the enforcers of the codes and laws unaccountable for actions that violate civil liberties and our bill of rights.

This is just a flat out lie.

The citizens of the United States of America

You don't speak for me.

edit on 12/6/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Can you be specific as to what parts of the patriot act are actually unconstitutional?

U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken ruled that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, as amended by the Patriot Act, "now permits the executive branch of government to conduct surveillance and searches of American citizens without satisfying the probable cause requirements of the Fourth Amendment."

Actually Article I Section 8 of the United States Constitution disagrees with you..

The amendment within the Constitution that gives Congress the power to collect taxes on income without apportioning it among the states. The Sixteenth Amendment was passed in 1909 and ratified in 1913. Before the ratification of the amendment, Congress had passed The Income Tax Act of 1894 that tried to establish a 2% income tax on anyone earning over $4,000 in income. The Tax Act was challenged and taken to the U.S. Supreme Court where it was deemed unconstitutional, which is why the government had to pass the amendment.

No laws have yet to be passed by congress requiring an income tax.

States get to pass laws, sorry.

You are correct, but not in violation of our bill of rights!

In principal I do agree with you, however, the supreme court has decided that they can.

The Supreme court is charged with upholding the constitution of the United States and the rights of it's people, in this case they have not done so.

Can you specifically show where the Federal Reserve is actually unconstitutional?

Article I, Section 8 of our Constitution states:
"The Congress shall have Power......To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;" (congress no longer has this power)

Article I, Section 10 States:
No State shall.... coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;"

It's up to the people to keep aware of what bills and laws are being passed by this government, it's all too easy to check. thomas.gov... www.opencongress.org... Both are very valuable resources at your disposal which can let you check what is going on in your government. You not knowing doesn't mean much.

They have knowingly hidden agendas in this bills in a written language not always understood by American people. See Patriot Act

Which amendments specifically do you object to?

How often do our so called representatives ask the people of there state what they thought?

Do you actually have valid proof of this? Or is this just speculation and hearsay?

Look up The Gulf of Tonkin Incident

I think those companies would disagree with you, and their tax records would probably disagree with you as well.

ExxonMobil Paid no federal income tax in 2009

This is just a flat out lie.

The legal justification for arresting the "shooter" rests on existing wiretapping or eavesdropping laws, with statutes against obstructing law enforcement sometimes cited. Illinois, Massachusetts, and Maryland are among the 12 states in which all parties must consent for a recording to be legal unless, as with TV news crews, it is obvious to all that recording is underway. Since the police do not consent, the camera-wielder can be arrested.

Thus holding them unaccountable for there actions

You don't speak for me.

You are correct sir, I do not speak for you and never will!
edit on 6-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I find it amazing how blind some people have become!

Do a little research of your own before questioning something.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken ruled that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, as amended by the Patriot Act, "now permits the executive branch of government to conduct surveillance and searches of American citizens without satisfying the probable cause requirements of the Fourth Amendment."

Except those amendments expired without renewal on February 17, 2008. There were only 3 parts of the Patriot Act that were renewed, and your concern isn't one of them.

No laws have yet to be passed by congress requiring an income tax.

Actually they have, it's the INTERNAL REVENUE CODE

TITLE 26—INTERNAL REVENUE CODE

I am not going to tell you that you have to pay your taxes, I don't care, I really don't care if you pay your taxes or not, if you feel that income tax is bad, do what you want, I won't care at all. I am just giving you information you can use.

You are correct, but not in violation of our bill of rights!

What laws has your state passed that violate your rights? And why is that the Federal Government's fault?

The Supreme court is charged with upholding the constitution of the United States and the rights of it's people, in this case they have not done so.

That's your opinion not a fact.

Article I, Section 8 of our Constitution states:
"The Congress shall have Power......To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;" (congress no longer has this power)

Article I, Section 10 States:
No State shall.... coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;"

Neither of these two examples makes the Federal Reserve unconstitutional.

They have knowingly hidden agendas in this bills in a written language not always understood by American people. See Patriot Act

So, your argument is, they need to write laws dumbed down for morons?

How often do our so called representatives ask the people of there state what they thought?

Oh I see, because it's so much easier for them to come to you, instead of you going to them which is the way it's supposed to work. According to you, your representative has to call you up before every vote, and when every bill is put on the docket to see what YOU think about it? Instead of YOU being proactive, taking your constitutional responsibilities as a citizen seriously and writing and calling your representative and telling them what you think about bills and about what they should do, you want them to do all the leg work eh?

Look up The Gulf of Tonkin Incident

I said actual proof, not hearsay. That is all hearsay.

ExxonMobil Paid no federal income tax in 2009

Sometimes it helps to actually read the source article instead of just relying on what sites like thinkprogress.org tell you.

Though Exxon's financial statement's don't show any net income tax liability owed to Uncle Sam, a company spokesman insists that once its final tax bill is figured, Exxon will owe a "substantial 2009 tax liability." How substantial? "That's not something we're required to disclose, nor do we."

www.forbes.com...

While they didn't pay up front, they do pay tax.

The legal justification for arresting the "shooter" rests on existing wiretapping or eavesdropping laws, with statutes against obstructing law enforcement sometimes cited. Illinois, Massachusetts, and Maryland are among the 12 states in which all parties must consent for a recording to be legal unless, as with TV news crews, it is obvious to all that recording is underway. Since the police do not consent, the camera-wielder can be arrested.

Thus holding them unaccountable for there actions

Still, this is a flat out lie, there are several legal remedies that can be done in these situations, this is why the world has lawyers.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I give, you win

Have a great future.

Just one quick question, do you believe we are a completely free society?

and two, do you believe putting me on a watch list because I practiced freedom of speech is constitutional under our bill of rights?

Awesome to see just how free you really want us to be.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

do you believe we are a completely free society?

No, we aren't in a completely free society, that is Anarchy and we live in a Republic.

do you believe putting me on a watch list because I practiced freedom of speech is constitutional under our bill of rights?

Typically the people that haul out these "Declarations of Independence" are people who want to violently overthrow the government in order to install a more fascist government based on what they think freedom is, usually after talking to these people for a while, you get the general idea that they don't want freedom at all but some sort of fascism where only a select few people have rights and the majority are subjected to a harsh reality where freedom is a long forgotten notion.

If you ask them questions like, what amendments would you repeal, they often will come back with the removal of the 13th and 14th Amendment, see to these people, they want slavery legal again, which obviously doesn't mean freedom for some folks now does it?

Some people also believe that the Declaration of Independence is their personal licence to kill their fellow Americans, they forget while many in Washington are indeed corrupt, they still are Americans and just because they are corrupt doesn't give anyone the right to kill them.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'm with them on this in my own way. There is a thread on here called MAD AS HELL which says that basically we're never going to agree on what NEEDS to change up front therefore nothing will ever change so let's just agree to be MAD AS HELL and we're not going to take it anymore.

Personally I just want my Federal and State laws to stay out of my privacy and my food. I should have every right to protect myself and grow food, hunt food, build whatever I want on property I've rightly purchased without worrying about whether or not someone else thinks it looks nice or is "right".

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's ok, I completely understand now, this you either have a very boring life, or you are a disinfo agent.

You can't help it that you've been brain washed. I'm sorry that had to happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Oh for Pete's sake, not ANOTHER one of these.

The government should put people that write these kinds of things on a watch list.

Your counter to the OP points were good but seriously the above quoted is twisted. The right to present the Government with redress is protected within the First Amendment. Suggesting that one who expresses their disagreement with the current Government should be put on watch lists makes your overall view quite scary.

But for a while this has been your usual jaded self. I stand with you on the notion of a bloody revolution is far out and idiotic. I stand with you being able to counter the OP's arguments and challenge their thought process. I do not however understand how because you don't like the message you are advocating this poster and of the likes be closely watched by the Government.

"We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion." - John Stuart Mill
edit on 6-12-2010 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The problem I see is, people who write these "declaration of independence" or use the original Declaration of Independence, are basically saying they are revolting against the government and have the intention of taking up arms against the government.

Thats why I think these people should be watched.

Those who would willingly and purposely kill their fellow countrymen should be locked up, those who would threaten to kill their fellow countrymen should be watched.

Having a dissenting opinion of the government is fine. If your only solution is the violent overthrow of that government, I cannot agree with that opinion, nor can I condone that opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Maybe I missed it but I see no call to kill other Americans. Even so, their opinion is protected under the First Amendment. Even that they may be contrary to what you think or I think.

Again your points were valid and strong but still, why would you put down the fact they have an opinion that differs from yourself.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The problem I see is, people who write these "declaration of independence" or use the original Declaration of Independence, are basically saying they are revolting against the government and have the intention of taking up arms against the government.

How is this revolting against the Government? This is protected by the First Amendment. Where is the intention of taking up arms? If we are not happy with our Government should we sit back and watch our freedoms continue to be crushed?

Thats why I think these people should be watched.

I'm sure that's what they were saying in England around 1776.

Those who would willingly and purposely kill their fellow countrymen should be locked up, those who would threaten to kill their fellow countrymen should be watched. Having a dissenting opinion of the government is fine. If your only solution is the violent overthrow of that government, I cannot agree with that opinion, nor can I condone that opinion.

Again did I miss something or are you putting words in the OP's mouth???

OP I like your thinking here. Don't be discouraged by the naysayers. I would sign your Declaration.

edit on 12/7/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The purpose was in no way shape or form meant to be violent.

I may have made a couple mistakes in the writing, but that is why I put it up for people to help me edit it.

“...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,...”

Personally I believe 100% that we should alter a few things, rather than abolish the entire government. Our country was founded under a belief that all men are free and EQUAL, and that taking power from it's people and placing it in the hands of governments and corporations is within it's self treason.

I do not wish harm on a single American, I would just like to see some action for a change instead of a bunch of people complaining while things get worse.

I am not a violent person, but I am an American Citizen, therefore I have every right to freedom of speech (for now) and do not want to see that taken from me by people who are only out for there own agenda or are misinformed about the rights of humanity.

I yield the floor kind sir.
edit on 7-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

It's kind of hard for you to claim that you are an American Citizen protected by the 1st Amendment while at the same time declaring your independence from the United States.

The original declaration of independence was just that, the colonies telling king George that they are severing political ties to England and becoming an independent nation.

So, by declaring yourself an independent person not subject to the laws of the United States, you also give up the protections under the bill of rights.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Great, then we agree to disagree, I'm sure glad we got that taken care of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join