It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Aggressive' China losing friends around the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

'Aggressive' China losing friends around the world

www.guardian.co.uk

Britain, India and Japan complain of Beijing's diplomatic 'muscle-flexing', while Africans talk of coercion in aid-for-resources deals.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To add yet another story to the avalanche of Wikileaks-related news, this article struck me as being of interest because it's the first I've seen that dishes out dirt specifically on China.

The article details complaints from Europans, Africans, Japanese, Indians, and others who are concerned about growing Chinese "triumphalism" and other forms of unsatisfactory interactions with the rising power. It's a good counterbalance to all the dirt on the US and a reminder that growing power always brings increasingly dirty hands, east or west.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/5/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hah..Looks like the sh*ts about to hit the fan

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Interesting that China could be seen as an aggressor. How many military bases do they have world wide? Do they have a central bank printing money so fast that keeping track of it requires a supercomputer? Has their central bank been responsible for devaluing their currency to the point of near worthless? Is their currency demanded as the world's reserve currency?

I'm no fan of China but don't fear them as an aggressor. I have a much bigger fear of Washington DC and the insatiable bureaucrats looking to clamp down on what little liberty remains in the US.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Negative sentiment against America as an international force is certainly nothing new, but resistance to Chinese moves abroad is a rising trend and bears watching.

Why do you feel the need to break it down into a binary "either/or" issue? Of course the US has done bad things but why exactly does that negate the negative effects of increasing muscle-flexing by China? Shouldn't both China and the US be subjected to scrutiny and criticism?

There are already thousands of threads on US-related issues. Can't we examine China in and of itself without dragging the unrelated moral status of the US into the mix? Power corrupts, you know, and China's power abroad is increasing. Read the article; there are plenty of specific complaints against China by other nations.
edit on 12/5/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

It's not like China owns the U.S anyway. [Papers shuffle] OH, wait....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I agree . CHINA is flexing its bones in the wrong area the last 10 years . maybe they thought they could take over the world and set up robots to take images and block the internet for years . I bet china would love to own the world have systems to feed us using methods of open and shut mouth systems with can food that is for human / robotic men only .

United states is also loosing friends world wide ..this trend also has took place over the last 10 years

why not just say ..everyone is losing friends

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well maybe they should get rid of that one kid that degrades friend stock.

China is toxic to friend stock.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why..??

US owes Iran prepaid money of f-16 fighters and kc-135 tankers which they give it to Israel while Israel still owes billions of 70’0 value of USD to IRAN that’s why they hate Iran.

US owes a trillion dollars to china that’s why they hate china as well..
Don’t lend the money or you’ll be hated…simple explanations….

edit on 5-12-2010 by amkia because: Edited to add the text

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Why..??

US owes Iran prepaid money of f-16 fighters and kc-135 tankers which they give it to Israel while Israel still owes billions of 70’0 value of USD to IRAN that’s why they hate Iran.

US owes a trillion dollars to china that’s why they hate china as well..
Don’t lend the money or you’ll be hated…simple explanations….

edit on 5-12-2010 by amkia because: Edited to add the text

Ummm..what does this have to do with Chinese soverign wealth funds muscling around cash-poor, resource-rich nations in Africa?

Are you claiming nobody is capable of dark behavior without the US being involved somehow, or that every issue on planet earth involves the US somehow? Seems an awfully parocial and US-centric view, if you ask me...

If you have a hammer, I guess everything looks like a nail...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Hah..Looks like the sh*ts about to hit the fan

You have no idea. It may even take away that huge smile of yours.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Australia has always been in the eyes of the chinese. In my time with the ADF it was always common knowledge that if china had the balls to expand they would take indonesia philipines and australia.
It worries me that in the last two years china has managed to buy out over 64% of australian buisinesses
australia has no policies in place that control the sale of all australian businesses to overseas clientel.
I fear now it is to late to do anything, all the major buisinesses are foriegn and australia could never get them
back. Now with over 82% of primary buisinesses are owned by overseas companies. If a war where to take place
australia would starve in no time. All of our food minerals and vehicles are sent to china by our chinese owned companies the resold here. On top of that the area we live in is surrounded by sea and not supprisingly china has now purchased six new super carriers from the russians. "to defend what i wonder". In my mind china has already began invading australia. with 43% of our population being chinese or asian they could eat us from the inside out. If the time came i wonder whos side they would chose

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
reply to post by bozzchem

Negative sentiment against America as an international force is certainly nothing new, but resistance to Chinese moves abroad is a rising trend and bears watching.

Why do you feel the need to break it down into a binary "either/or" issue? Of course the US has done bad things but why exactly does that negate the negative effects of increasing muscle-flexing by China? Shouldn't both China and the US be subjected to scrutiny and criticism?

I indicated that I was no fan of China but don't see them doing anything I would consider aggression. What are they doing? Protecting their currency? Re-establishing themselves militarily?

I also don't see my sentiments regarding the situation in America as negative. I merely see them as statements from someone feeding the leviathan with my tax money and have little to no say whatsoever in how said tax money is utilized. (Hint: That is called Tyranny)

There are already thousands of threads on US-related issues. Can't we examine China in and of itself without dragging the unrelated moral status of the US into the mix? Power corrupts, you know, and China's power abroad is increasing. Read the article; there are plenty of specific complaints against China by other nations.

Certainly we can examine China in and of itself. For the third time, I am NO fan of China nor the way China treats its people. At the same time, the only threat I envision from China is them cutting off the garbage they sell cheaply at Harbor Freight, Wal Mart, etc. Militarily, China is no threat to the US whatsoever. The threat from China is monetary and the blame can be placed directly on the delinquents in DC who have outsourced the bulk of our manufacturing capacity in the name of capitalism......er.....more accurately: Corporatism (Fascism).

Why not take a look at how many Chinese citizens are incarcerated per capita vs. how many American citizens are incarcerated per capita? My guess is the average Chinese citizen feels safer than the average American citizen when it comes to getting tossed in jail. Land of the free? Yeah, right.

We can compare statistics all damn day. I have no issue with that. However, I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and engage in China bashing when I see them as far less a threat than my local, militarized police department hell bent on enforcing statutes rather than laws.

Considering the debt America owes to China, you may wish to get the Rosetta Stone discs and learn Chinese. Don't blame China for being sold out. Blame those who sold us out!

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 5-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Maybe China has done something that is improper ,but i don't think that remarks from Japan and India can be trusted totally . In regard of "muscle-flexing",haha, it is very ironic, think about Indian arms expansion in the border of Chinese tibet, and Japan 's millitary drill recently... Do you really believe that they are all self-defensive games?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Communists are not known for their great skill in consensus building. Witness Obama's take over of the health care industry in America. It makes for serious enemies when the communists don't have the power to silence the opposition/targets or to kill them when they get uppity with the "deciders." China is going to be a problem for the world now that it has decided it wants to "rule" the world. They have too many males thanks to that glorious social engineering Marxists are known for so now they have a society out of balance in sexual energies. They murdered the females in the womb in the name of creating a population controlled Utopia.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Communists are not known for their great skill in consensus building. Witness Obama's take over of the health care industry in America. It makes for serious enemies when the communists don't have the power to silence the opposition/targets or to kill them when they get uppity with the "deciders."

Communism 101 (according to Lenin) - Communist forces have to compromise with rival forces who are all against the same, imperialist enemy. Then when the common enemy is taken down, the communist party should mobilize to seize control. If China wants to be a global superpower, then they have to make a few compromises against the US.

[uote]China is going to be a problem for the world now that it has decided it wants to "rule" the world. They have too many males thanks to that glorious social engineering Marxists are known for so now they have a society out of balance in sexual energies. They murdered the females in the womb in the name of creating a population controlled Utopia.

That has nothing to do with political ideology at all. In fact most Marxist groups see women as equals and have women in all ranks (from soldiers to commanders). And Marxism IS NOT Communism, and Chinese communism has nothing to do with their population control policies.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
In world politics no country plays fair.. All have their dirty laundry.. Will take china over the u.s anyday can safely walk the street in china.. the chinese people much more polite than americans.. can travel with alot less hassle in china every time go get greated politely at customs, passport chopped and am on my way no tsa stupidity..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
As has already been mentioned, China is not the one with military bases all over the world. whilst the US has been busy fighting wars of conquest to get access to natural resources, China has been negotiating deals to get them.
As for the charge of using aid deals to secure access to resources, well isn't that what the IMF and world Bank have been doing all along? Promise aid for corporate access to resources and at the same time shackle the country with debt for several generations.

The US needs an enemy, preferably a big one, to keep the money flowing to the military contractors. Russia isn't deemed that big threat anymore so China has, for the moment, taken it's place... for now!
As far as I can see, the US seems to be doing everything it can right now to piss off China, who rightly is doing what is in it's best interests, NOT America's. The US is just trying to pass off their woes as being the fault of others - it's all part of the blame game for the masses. Whine - the Chinese have taken all your jobs... Whine - the Chinese won't devalue their currency to make our dollar stronger... Whine - the Chinese are negotiating access to minerals / metals, before we get to invade and steal it...etc...etc...

edit on 6-12-2010 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Britain, India and Japan are complaining???? As they always have been about the growing economy of China...

This is not new.... they're not China's Friend, anyways... We as well as Britain, India and Japan and many others have always had an aggressive stance again the Chinese..

I don't understand how common sense can be miscontrued to be a leak of information.
edit on 12/6/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Yes - China is where the end of the world as we know it is coming from.

I say to all countries - no more imports from China - nothing to do with China.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join