It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This What We Have Become? Will It Get Worse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
…With the Lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now entertain us…

I feel like my generation has brought the ill
of their poor upbringing to full fruition.

I am not making excuses. Far from it…

Yes, we were the "first" really that had to
be put in full time daycare.

Yes, we were the first that had the broken homes…
the weekend visitations…
the divorces…
the child support that was never quite paid on time…
Dad that never came when he was supposed to…
Mom that bitched and cried and had guys around...

We suffered the fruits of the Sexual Revolution and free love.
We suffered the fruits of NOW and Gloria Steinem's movement.
We suffered the fruits of the new way of no real discipline parenting, or
better put, "I don't have time for this" parenting.

So, now, we have a generation of parents who don't know how to parent
and have no moral fiber to parent.

And a generation of grandparents who are forced to parent their grandchildren.

Oh, irony

Or, in a better analogy for their generation…

Hello, darkness, my old friend… I've come to talk with you again…

My point?

Is this what we have reaped? Is it getting hideous out there?
Are we all taking our rage out against the most innocent? With a few women
thrown in for good measure?

People who don't have the sac to stand up and provide an example better than what
they were apparently raised with… or just going completely crazy.

In the past month, this is just a small small sampling of the stories I have seen in the news. What is going on here?? Selling your grandkids? Washing infants? Stuffing people in trees? Taking your kids on Thanksgiving and not telling anyone what you did with them?

What is this country coming to?
And is it going to get even worse?
Are the innocent going to keep reaping the benefits of our stupidity?
Of our insanity?
Of our rage, our jealousy, of our wrath, of our greed?

Step up.

God help us all…

Grandma From Hell, Tries to Sell Infant Grandson for $30,000

According to a report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, a 45-year-old grandmother was nabbed when she attempted to sell her 8-week old grandson on Tuesday.
Patty Bigbee, of Holly Hill, Florida, was intent on brokering the sale of her grandson with the help of her boyfriend, Lawrence Works, who is also in police custody.
A registered informant in Tampa had learned of the scheme in an Internet ad. The informant notified police officers and assisted them in nabbing the baby-selling granny in a parking lot near the Daytona Speedway.
According to police sources, Bigbee originally wanted $70,000 for the baby but the buyer -- an undercover detective -- made a $30,000 bid, which she accepted.

www.wibw.com...

Baby dead after mom tosses infant into washing machine, launches spin cycle: cops

An Oklahoma woman has been charged with felony child neglect after her 10-day-old baby was killed in a washing machine.
Lyndsey Fiddler, 26, was high on drugs when she put her newborn daughter, Maggie May Trammel, in the washing machine along with the dirty laundry and started a washing cycle, local station NewsOn6 reported.

The baby’s great aunt, Rhonda Coshatt, was also in the house at the time and realized something was wrong when she saw Fiddler passed out and unresponsive on a chair with the child nowhere to be found.
After hearing a clunking noise coming from the washer, she opened the lid and found the dead infant.

Fiddler, who is being held on $100,000 bail, tested positive for a variety of drugs, including methamphetamine, amphetamines, benzodiazepine and opiates.

www.nydailynews.com... xzz17HF74bUz

Deaths of three children and woman shock quiet Florida suburb

Four people were found dead in their house Saturday in a bloody scene that shocked a peaceful Florida neighborhood.
The victims were believed to be a single mom, her 6-year-old twin girls and 3-year-old son, though names were not released.
Neighbors said there had been a few burglaries in recent years, though increased police patrols had stamped out even the most minor problems in the quiet Tallahassee suburb.
"This is a very shocking and unusual case for us," police spokesman David McCranie said. "We are trying to find out if anyone would want to harm the family."
The bodies were found after police received a suspicious call around 10:15 Saturday morning.

www.nydailynews.com...

Ohio town grieves after 3 missing are found dead, hidden in tree trunk

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio (AP) -- After more than a week of searching and hoping, members of a tiny central Ohio town began grieving as they learned that the bodies of a missing mother, her 11-year-old son and a family friend were found stuffed into garbage bags and hidden in a hollow tree.
The discovery came Thursday, four days after authorities found the mother's 13-year-old daughter bound and gagged, but alive, in the basement of a home about a 15-mile drive from the wildlife area where the bodies were discovered.

www.syracuse.com...

Mayor Holds Hope 3 Missing Mich. Boys Are Alive

MORENCI, Mich. -- A small southern Michigan town has been humbled by tragedy but its people are determined to find three young brothers missing for nearly a week, the mayor said Thursday.
Morenci Mayor Keith Pennington said he is still hopeful the boys are alive, although police have said they don't expect a positive outcome. It's been a week since Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7 and Tanner Skelton, 5, were last seen.
"We will not be satisfied until our boys are home," Pennington said.
Their father, John Skelton, is fighting extradition from Ohio to Michigan, where he faces three kidnapping charges. Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said Skelton, 39, is asking for a lawyer and that authorities have had no contact with him during the past few days.

www.clickondetroit.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I always call USA "Land of lucifer".

Sums up these stories. Sad if true, and like the actor from ugly betty killing his mom.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Unfortunately the answer to both your post title questions is "Yes" i know in my heart it will get worse before things start getting better.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I am still trying to wrap my mind around the infant in the washing machine.

How in the world does someone wash an infant.

And in a related vein...

When someone is doing drugs, do they do the laundry?
Is that even a concern?
I truly am asking as I don't know these matters.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

The sad thing is what you wrote about probably is not the worst.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

True, that.

The post was already too long.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes, it's bad. Yes, it's going to get worse, and the acceleration towards oblivion will become apparent to most in the coming years. I'm still amazed that so many can continue to remain blissfully ignorant at this stage of civilization. When the illusion breaks down, and people choose to see their selves and each other for how they really are, expect mayhem to erupt and all prior standards of civility to cease! I keep thinking one day soon we'll here something or another on the news that starts the whole thing ablaze. Very weird, because while I foresee it's inevitability, I don't much welcome it at all. As much as I loathe this in between state where we're just stuck in a rut and nobody is willing to do what it takes to progress, I have a strong feeling that this will be looked at as a golden age of such compared to what's coming next.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I always call USA "Land of lucifer".

Sums up these stories. Sad if true, and like the actor from ugly betty killing his mom.

Here we go again...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The next stage is a complete collapse of society, really.
I mean we have almost reached a point of utter disregard for our young,
replacing the care for them with our own needs and addictions in some cases,
and in others, it seems that people are just butchering others for no
apparent reason.

What really is scary is that there are that many people walking around in society
that are on the verge of some kind of homocidal bloodbath, capable of killing the most innocent
of society (I mean, really- killing kids is the most heinous of crimes) and nobody seems
to notice these people.
That is how well they "blend".

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Im not really a man for crying but in all honesty when i think about the world in detail at the moment it does bring a tear to my eye

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I believe truly that there is lines being drawn in the metaphorical sand, so to speak-
Those who "see" the ill in the world,
and those who do not- who downgrade it, say it "isn't that bad", people are
blowing things out of proportion, etc...-

It is truly a different world than it was 30 years ago.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

The next stage is a complete collapse of society, really.
I mean we have almost reached a point of utter disregard for our young,
replacing the care for them with our own needs and addictions in some cases,
and in others, it seems that people are just butchering others for no
apparent reason.

What really is scary is that there are that many people walking around in society
that are on the verge of some kind of homocidal bloodbath, capable of killing the most innocent
of society (I mean, really- killing kids is the most heinous of crimes) and nobody seems
to notice these people.
That is how well they "blend".

Individuals will adopt the will and spirit of the country they live in. Two wars detaining, killing and torturing idividuals with out trial, shock and awe bombing without regard to the innocents on the ground.

and...

www.rawstory.com...

What do you expect??

edit on 5-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Anyone who cant see the ill in this world is either blind or very dumb.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Are you honestly suggesting that Americans will act this way solely due to their governments ill advised actions?

That is an insult to Americans who do not support their government's criminal and nefarious acts.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
reply to post by whaaa

Are you honestly suggesting that Americans will act this way solely due to their governments ill advised actions?

That is an insult to Americans who do not support their government's criminal and nefarious acts.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. When a country loses it's moral compass and sense of honor it filters down to SOME of the populace.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

As an addendum, I kept my OP isolated to actions in the United States, as I did not want the thread to descend into a melee of arguing over Islam or Jewish atrocities, mixed into all the other atrocities that have occurred overseas in other countries.

However, let me assure you, the horror show is not restricted to the United States, my friend.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Society? No no.. you're focusing on the small picture. Expand your mind. It's civilization that will collapse soon enough. I'm not so sure there will be all too many years between the collapse of society and the collapse of civilization. This is global, and the cure isn't being heard. Our ignorance will engulf us all.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes, and thank you, as that is a better term for conveying what I meant.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

From the link you posted:

As Joel Brinkley reported for SFGate.com, many Afghan Pashtun tribal men take boys age 9 to 15 as lovers.

Sociologists and anthropologists say the problem results from perverse interpretation of Islamic law. Women are simply unapproachable. Afghan men cannot talk to an unrelated woman until after proposing marriage. Before then, they can't even look at a woman, except perhaps her feet. Otherwise she is covered, head to ankle.

"How can you fall in love if you can't see her face," 29-year-old Mohammed Daud told reporters. "We can see the boys, so we can tell which are beautiful."
"Some research suggests that half the Pashtun tribal members in Kandahar and other southern towns are bacha baz, the term for an older man with a boy lover," wrote Brinkley. "Literally it means 'boy player.' The men like to boast about it."

Yeah, sound like the United States' fault, pal.

This isn't about the United States being evil.

This is about what we have become as a society of people who do not view children as anything but objects to take out our rage and hate upon...

You provided a link that helped prove that, even globally.

Sounds like Afghanistan has a really good "moral compass".

Thanks.
edit on 5-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

This is what happens to a people who are targeted for cultural cleansing. Globalists have introduced a dominate social construct that makes the natives and their culture that grew out of constitutional freedom into racists and crap and takes all the ideals they have of right and wrong; free and enslavement and turns it on it's head.

The targeted natives are not innocent just like the Indians were not innocent when they took the fire juice and became addicts while the ones who hate them took apart their memory and idenity. For example, we all turn against "Christians" which has become a dirty word that represents all that is the moral roots of our Western social construct. Don't confuse that with religion. Free people are given the rope to hang themselves and we have done that like it is the cutting edge cat's pajamas. Multiculturalism was designed to be a foreign invasion. Did you ever notice that "white" is not a part of it as "Western" is a dirty, racist word? They need to knock down and erase the natives' philosphy, idenity and sense of self and Nation to make a global community and government. It is not to our advantage...not to the advantage of freedom and not to the advantage of the culturaly cleansed tribe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join