It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks to release giant insurance file if shut down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hey all.. stumbled across this and thought it was interesting! The giant insurance file that wikileaks sent out, supposedly containing classified information about BP and guantianimo bay... they are claiming that if they're shut down its likely they will release the key. Its good that they have a contingency plan in case they get taken down. Still a little skeptical about what is contained in the cables, but its gotta be something good if it has our government doing the mad scrable they are.

Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, has circulated across the internet an encrypted “poison pill” cache of uncensored documents suspected to include files on BP and Guantanamo Bay. One of the files identified this weekend by The Sunday Times — called the “insurance” file — has been downloaded from the WikiLeaks website by tens of thousands of supporters, from America to Australia.

Assange warns that any government that tries to curtail his activities risks triggering a new deluge of state and commercial secrets. The military papers on Guantanamo Bay, yet to be published, have been supplied by Bradley Manning, Assange’s primary source until his arrest in May.

Other documents that Assange is confirmed to possess include an aerial video of a U.S. airstrike in Afghanistan that killed civilians, BP files and Bank of America documents. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 5-12-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this....

You should use the search button before posting exact threads lol. I think theres at least 3 of these now...hard to keep up with which one i was replying to

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What would be better than threatening to release the file is just to release it!

I know Assange is only interested in ensuring the survival of the site, but if he truly wants to be an advocate of the truth he would release the key regardless of whatever threats he receives. What's worse? Handing out information on wrongdoing or the wrongdoing itself?

If I stumbled across these files I'd happily make them freely available. This is the type of thing that has many, including myself, questioning Assange's motives.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

I understand by he could just be waiting to release it at a later date. With "so much" information being contained in the cables he has stated that it is a delayed release so that the media and public can fully comprehend what is being released vs. releasing everything at once and the juicy titbits never are heard of because either the media censors it or they are lost in the massive dump of information.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Allready a thread that i posted ten minutes ago dude
In all respect though it is an interesting topic

join