It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

The 'Insurance file' IS the cablegate file.

ALL of it.

Basically, if they murder or falsely imprison him or his team, the WHOLE cablegate file get's released at once.

That is the insurance. The key file is automatically released to multiple servers and locations, if regular updates are not made to prevent it...a dead man's switch if you like.

There is no mystery surrounding the insurance file.

From the Guardian online talk Assange took part in recently:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

"The Cable Gate archive has been spread, along with significant material from the US and other countries to over 100,000 people in encrypted form. If something happens to us, the key parts will be released automatically," Assange wrote in response to a question about the way material is distributed.

And for those repeatedly asking why Wikileaks are doing what they do;

(from the same source)

"Further, the Cable Gate archives is in the hands of multiple news organizations. History will win. The world will be elevated to a better place. Will we survive? That depends on you."

Assange also addressed the attention he has been getting while the rest of his organization has remained largely anonymous.

"In the end, someone must be responsible to the public and only a leadership that is willing to be publicly courageous can genuinely suggest that sources take risks for the greater good," he said. "In that process, I have become the lightning rod. I get undue attacks on every aspect of my life, but then I also get undue credit as some kind of balancing force."

They see it as a public service to weed out political corruption, and i agree with them, that's exactly what it is.

Bad news and very worrisome if you happen to be filthy-dirty and up to your neck in corruption..pretty good if your not.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Kind of coincidental that tptb upped the attacks AFTER Assange made mention that some parts of the cable pertained to UFOs. Arrest warrant issued, now his bank accounts are frozen.
edit on 6-12-2010 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've heard it also contains the BP docs and BOA docs.
I think they went after him after it was said he had the BOA docs.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Thanks for that NorEaster.

If any member here is engaged in a 'pay-per-post' scheme, i personally hope they get banned from ATS, and their name plastered virally.

It's completely dishonest and against ATS T&C.

But thanks for letting us know, it is evidence that it does indeed go on, and that the often used accusation of 'Shill' or disinfo stooge, is a completely appropriate in certain cases.

I'll not mention any names, but i can think of one or two evasive members i have tried to converse with today, i now *highly* suspect of mercenary activities along the same lines you have mentioned.

So, thanks again for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
why shoiuldnt he protect himself from these evil bastards?? What is completely outrageous and utterly unacceptable is that a government member, albeit a mostly corrupt one, viz. the Canadian government, is unbelievably calling for his assassination. This evil criminal FLANAGAN, one of Harpers lackeys, should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting and inciting murder. Hes supposed to be in a position of responsibility but the truth is hes shown hes just another insidious criminal. Disgraceful.
More power to Assange!.

LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN!!

www.theglobeandmail.com...

...namaste...b.
edit on 6-12-2010 by butlincat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
So...for us to get the real leaks...he needs to die or be arrested?

Funny...I thought Wikileaks was supposed to be leaking these docs anyways.

MM

I'm with Mask! He should have use the potty when he had the chance.
To the OP - this is not terrorism and your statement should prove once and for all that the regular people in the world not only don't have the real facts, but they are being spoon fed a daily diet of what TPTB want you to know.
Terrorism is this guy putting on bombs and going into a store and making threats, demands or just killing for his cause.
What you may be thinking is black mail since you wish a negative spin on this.
What it is is terror negotiations though, the government now being the terrorist - since they were the ones making death threats.
The reason why it is so important getting the terms straight is this: The govt will always try to spin it like they are the good guys. In your case, if they prove to be the bad guys, who is going to protect you who believed in them?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think that if Mr. Assange really believes in what he's doing, he should take one for the team and be arrested, then just leak the documents.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't think his long term intention is to keep the insurance file out of the public's hands. Think longterm; once he plays this card, he is done. He may well be waiting for more damning leaks to come to WL, to be used as further insurance once this is all out; he is buying time by keeping the good stuff hidden, and support from potential whistleblowers who will be further inclined to send information his way. The moment he has nothing left to hold over TPTB, rest assured they will do away with him one way or another.

And I am shocked at the members who refer to him as a terrorist for using these tactics. The 'conspiracy' community has always awaited leaked documents, and a person/group to challenge TPTB and help wake people up. Here is a person doing just that, and we brand him as a terrorist. We all know what happens to people who undertake activities that those in charge don't like, leaving Assange with the the choice of continuing to give us such information in the long term, or becoming yet another forgotten martyr, cast down in the annals of history as a terrorist.

And to those who, myself included(well, I'm on the fence,) allege that WL is a CIA/mossad/nwo operation in many ways akin to Emmanuel Goldstein, they are still in a general sense waking people up to government secrets, and bringing it into the mainstream, acting as an excellent rally point and motivation for those who really wish to see change.

Has the MSM really gotten to us that much?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
"Now somebody correct me if im wrong"

You are wrong, allow me to correct you.

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

This logic is premised on the idea that Assange has not already attacked us.

In all honesty the Diplomatic cables were no shock, nothing outright revealing that people didn't already know.

What leaking the docs did do is reveal the honest and unflattering opinions of US diplomats around the world concerning the folks in government at respective posts. These governments will be less willing to work with those diplomats, will call for them to be replaced (at best) and at worst will expell US diplomats from thier countries.

It was very damaging that regard.

It makes it very difficult for the US to get things done in the world.

The leak seemed to have no other value other than to weaken the US in the world community.

This leak seemed almost exclusively malicious in nature and had no real "reveal" value speaking to transparency.

Depending on what data he has as a "Button" (insurance) the governments of the world will weigh that against the danger of future leaks.

Assange likely hasn't distributed the "insurance" data to friends...at least not with the encryption keys, because that would be too dangerous.

If I were him, I'd put the data out in highly encrypted form to a few trusted folks and set up an app that is timed to send those folks the key to the encryption unless he logs on every 7 days and enters a password and resets the timer.

The US gov? ...."leaks" have a relative time value. The older the data the less damaging. I imagine they are looking to "manage" him for a period of time...while at the same time taking measures to secure themselves from future leaks. The US won't look to assasinate him IMO...there is little upside and big potential downside, but other countries have a less sophisticated approach and that is what Assange should be more worried about. If he gets on Russia or China's bad side...they have no issue assasinating folks and shrugging off the international outrage. they have been doing it with dissidents and journalists for decades.

Besides that, he needs shelter. How many countries does he plan on pissing off? He needs a retreat...someplace that won't turn him over to a POed gov.
edit on 6-12-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Now look what Al Gore done went and started...............

WikiLeaks cables reveal how US manipulated climate accordEmbassy dispatches show America used spying, threats and promises of aid to get support for Copenhagen accord
www.guardian.co.uk...

kix

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

In all honesty the Diplomatic cables were no shock, nothing outright revealing that people didn't already know.

What leaking the docs did do is reveal the honest and unflattering opinions of US diplomats around the world concerning the folks in government at respective posts. These governments will be less willing to work with those diplomats, will call for them to be replaced (at best) and at worst will expell US diplomats from thier countries.

It was very damaging that regard.

It makes it very difficult for the US to get things done in the world.

The leak seemed to have no other value other than to weaken the US in the world community.

The documents are damaging to those who have any wrong doings, if the leaks were about charity and good actions, they would not need secrecy.

It makes difficult things for the US because they have TONS of things to hide and dirty deeds that need to be kept in the dark.

It weakens those who have done things that would make them look like crooks.

You are right in the US will suffer, the Banks too and corrupted corporations should be scared.

Secrecy should not protect those who do not deserve it.
edit on 6-12-2010 by kix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by thecinic

The 'Insurance file' IS the cablegate file.

ALL of it.

Basically, if they murder or falsely imprison him or his team, the WHOLE cablegate file get's released at once.

That is the insurance. The key file is automatically released to multiple servers and locations, if regular updates are not made to prevent it...a dead man's switch if you like.

There is no mystery surrounding the insurance file.

From the Guardian online talk Assange took part in recently:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

"The Cable Gate archive has been spread, along with significant material from the US and other countries to over 100,000 people in encrypted form. If something happens to us, the key parts will be released automatically," Assange wrote in response to a question about the way material is distributed.

And for those repeatedly asking why Wikileaks are doing what they do;

(from the same source)

"Further, the Cable Gate archives is in the hands of multiple news organizations. History will win. The world will be elevated to a better place. Will we survive? That depends on you."

Assange also addressed the attention he has been getting while the rest of his organization has remained largely anonymous.

"In the end, someone must be responsible to the public and only a leadership that is willing to be publicly courageous can genuinely suggest that sources take risks for the greater good," he said. "In that process, I have become the lightning rod. I get undue attacks on every aspect of my life, but then I also get undue credit as some kind of balancing force."

They see it as a public service to weed out political corruption, and i agree with them, that's exactly what it is.

Bad news and very worrisome if you happen to be filthy-dirty and up to your neck in corruption..pretty good if your not.

There is obviously more that is on pirate bay that is seperate from anything released so far. so to say the "insurance" files have been released is incorrect.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
From what I can tell Assange is the greatest living man in modern history. The politicians, banksters, crooks, and killers are all exposed. The douche bags in the Federal Government are just angry that their lies and thievery have been exposed for all to see. Foreign leaders are angry because they are revealed for the scummy criminals that they truly are. The entire planet is run by criminals and killers. Time for this party to end.

Hooray for freedom of speech. Hooray for Assange!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When you get a senior US politician saying publically that he "should be hunted down and assassinated" it really makes you wonder what kind of a world we live in and just who the "good guys" really are (it certainly isn't the politicians).

We call muslims who pass fatwas on people "extremists" and "terrorists" and yet a US politician threatening to use the might of the US to kill someone was probably I imagine met with whoops and cheers.

It's more like something you'd expect to see on a pathe newsreel from a speech by Goebbels or some other power crazed fascist dictator.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Dr Cosma

But it's NOT just the USA that is being named on these cables.

The UK has been named, Saudi has been named, Russia has been named, in fact...LOTS of different countries and their governments of agencies have been named..SO FAR..it's not over yet by a long chalk.

You're wrong, WL is serving the public..not just the public who happen to live in the US, but the public of the entire world.

I CANNOT believe that 'genuine' members of a conspiracy website, who clamor for snips and scraps of truth here and there and wherever we can regarding a multitude of topics of interest, get a group come along like Wikileaks and LAY THE INFORMATION straight into our LAPS!

And you are...complaining?!!

It's illogical...unless you *don't* want to know the truth...then your stance together with other members here with similar views and opinions makes *perfect* sense!

Try as *they* might, the truth can never be buried, not this time.

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this as I read through the thread seeing comments belittling Assange/his work claiming he's a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So,the "Insurance File" is just more gossip? Maybe, we will find out if Putin has any real friends beyond Berlusconi? Or that Bill and Hillary have an "Open Marriage?" Hopefully it also includes a list of people on the "Party List"

Sorry, but Wiki has not delivered and people are loosing interest with someone who will eventually have to brag about his stuff in prison behind bars.

Again, unless he really puts stuff out there that we are not aware of, or something really shocking then he is just a pawn for the powers that be.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Again, unless he really puts stuff out there that we are not aware of, or something really shocking then he is just a pawn for the powers that be.

Well said!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good for him. The government always assassinates good people. Anyone hurt by the leak deserves it because they shouldn't have anything to hide from the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

"Now somebody correct me if im wrong"

You are wrong, allow me to correct you.

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

Sadly, self defense is when you defend yourself against an attack. When you defend yourself against a government, you become a terrorist.

Haven't we all learned by now, DONT EMBARRASS OBAMA! Unlike the whole BP gulf spill, this time Obama knows who's "butt to kick." Hes coming for you....

Seriously now, if this guy wasn't working for the feds he would have been silenced a LONG time ago. The world wouldnt even know his name....we only know what we are told, what they allow us to know

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join