It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should "Creationism" be considered a sign of insanity?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I'm not sure whether to laugh at your ignorance or throw up in my mouth.

I've always said even Satanist are above Atheists, it is total ignorance showing no vision of how we got to where we are as humans.

First of all many Satanists ARE Atheists

man what are you guys on over here in this section ?

I don't read long posts by specific individuals so please keep it short if you reply to me

you are messing up my painting !

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Evolution... "the mind stops here"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

We were considering a crusade to enforce our system of understanding...but the christians already had the best swords and horses..so we decided instead to simply have coffeehouse chats and publish papers..besides, the thing with crusades...they are soo last century. totally unoriginal

Oh quite the contrary, the atheist crusades were hugely successful.
Stalin - 70 million dead
Mao - 100 million dead
Robespierre - 15000
Pol Pot 2 million (20 % of the population).

So atheists, in their effort to support their 'superior' ideology have slaughtered more people than all the worlds religions combined and in the shortest time. I have to congratulate your efficiency. The bottom line still remains.

Atheism is a religion with a god that I will call the great nothing. Apparently "nothing" has the power to set all the laws of physics and to create the complexity of life, again out of nothing. Also "nothing" ascribes a purpose to our existence, which I will call No. So "nothing" created all things to have No purpose.

Nice philosophy there. It just resonates doesn't it? And it's clearly provable too and makes so much sense. Thanks for militantly promoting it for the benefit of all.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You are an Atheist, stick to empirical evidence and forget about how the pyramids were built, hence you will never know empirically

Is English your first language? How old are you?
Do you even know what empirical means? Or did you just use words thesaurus?

Either way you are supremely ignorant.

I can't even believe I have to say this. The ANALOGY that SaturnFX used about the pyramids,is, forever and always, really really, super serial, BASED ON EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE!

By the way you haven't answered a single question that I have asked, which confirms for me, personally, that you are arguing just to argue.
Meaning that you haven't even begun to internalize ANY of the information presented to you.
To put it bluntly you are being WILLFULLY ignorant now.

And that actually proves the OP's original statement.
On behalf of those who have actually read most of the information given THANK YOU for agreeing with the OP.

(multiple pages of information has been given by those supporting Evolution)
(NO information has been GIVEN by proponents of Creationism. They have ONLY asked questions.)
DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Your right
You won me over...because science keeps correcting itself, and is not fully complete from the getgo, the clear answer is that we got everything wrong and everything is a result of a space ghost that when you masturbate in the shower or pee on a wall.

Yep...evolution is bunk...clearly a multi-thousand year old concept is the winner...Adam and Eve, the flood, Jonah living in a big fish for a few days..all of that suddenly makes complete sense.

Actually, on second thought..I think I will stick to a science...where the actual point of the science is to endlessly disprove their own theories for a clearer understanding of things.
You can feel free to get your saddle ready to ride your dinosaur around once you can figure out where God hid them

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Stalin - 70 million dead
Mao - 100 million dead
Robespierre - 15000

NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON, you just listed, considered themselves an atheist.
edit on 9-12-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance because: Grammar

edit on 9-12-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The First Church of Satan does not worship a deified Lucifer/Satan. Instead, it worships the self and giving into one's baser urges. It is essentially based off of a perversion of Crowley's "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." As a result many Satanists do not believe in a deity of any kind and instead only believe in the power of the Self.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthAboveIgnorance

Wait, wait, wait.

It has been empirically proven that the pyramids were built using slaves who moved massive stones using ropes to pull them in to place?

The OP almost convinced me that I'm insane, but lucky you came a long lol.

Yeah, English is my 5th language, and I'm insane.

Empirical research is a way of gaining knowledge by means of direct observation or experience

(Wikipedia)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The empirical evidence presented are nifty little pictures Egyptians put on almost all of their structures. On top of that they actually kept records of their history, they were surprisingly good book keepers.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

We were considering a crusade to enforce our system of understanding...but the christians already had the best swords and horses..so we decided instead to simply have coffeehouse chats and publish papers..besides, the thing with crusades...they are soo last century. totally unoriginal

Stalin - 70 million dead
Mao - 100 million dead
Robespierre - 15000

So atheists, in their effort to support their 'superior' ideology have slaughtered more people than all the worlds religions combined and in the shortest time. I have to congratulate your efficiency. The bottom line still remains.

Atheism is a religion with a god that I will call the great nothing. Apparently "nothing" has the power to set all the laws of physics and to create the complexity of life, again out of nothing. Also "nothing" ascribes a purpose to our existence, which I will call No. So "nothing" created all things to have No purpose.

Nice philosophy there. It just resonates doesn't it? And it's clearly provable too and makes so much sense. Thanks for militantly promoting it for the benefit of all.

excellent post... how do I give you all the stars for this one

no need to argue, the capacity just isn't there...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Stalin - 70 million dead
Mao - 100 million dead
Robespierre - 15000

I would of course retort by saying those numbers are the result not of athiest beliefs, but of communist beliefs.

But

I will give you credit for having a fairly witty (albeit misplaced) retort..star for you. Actually had me "hmm" for a moment.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Your right
You won me over...because science keeps correcting itself, and is not fully complete from the getgo, the clear answer is that we got everything wrong and everything is a result of a space ghost that when you masturbate in the shower or pee on a wall.

Yep...evolution is bunk...clearly a multi-thousand year old concept is the winner...Adam and Eve, the flood, Jonah living in a big fish for a few days..all of that suddenly makes complete sense.

Actually, on second thought..I think I will stick to a science...where the actual point of the science is to endlessly disprove their own theories for a clearer understanding of things.
You can feel free to get your saddle ready to ride your dinosaur around once you can figure out where God hid them

well explain to us clearly (short and sweet) how Evolution replaces Creationism ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The First Church of Satan does not worship a deified Lucifer/Satan. Instead, it worships the self and giving into one's baser urges. It is essentially based off of a perversion of Crowley's "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." As a result many Satanists do not believe in a deity of any kind and instead only believe in the power of the Self.

that's interesting.. so this church has history and existence in antiquity ? or is it just some new and yet another form of New Age religion ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthAboveIgnorance

Stalin - 70 million dead
Mao - 100 million dead
Robespierre - 15000

NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON, you just listed, considered themselves an atheist.
edit on 9-12-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance because: Grammar

edit on 9-12-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance because: (no reason given)

This is painful
soo damn painful

But your incorrect. I know Stalin was indeed very much a -HARD- athiest. aka, he took athiesm and created a very strong religion out of it...outlawing religion and even criminalizing it.

Communism back in the red days was very oppressive and followed a doctraine that was brutal to any and all religions because they felt threatened by such organizations or mindsets they didn't control.

But, like they do not represent athiests, and nazi's don't represent the typical christian, there are always extreme examples that have hurt the name of almost everything.

I guess its sort of a universal design to humble everyone and not let anyone speak from a purist view.
edit on 9-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: fixed context

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Wrong!

Your paragraph should read like this:

Atheism is the lack of belief in ANY DEITY. Aparrently, NO DEITY, has the power to set the laws of physics and to create the complexity of life, again out of nothing. Also NO DEITY ascribes a purpose to our existence, which I which I will pull some crap out of thin Air and call NO. So NO DEITY created things to have No purpose.

And Suddenly your paragraph sounds completely dumb. Because you fail to UNDERSTAND THE DEFINITION of Atheism.

edit on 9-12-2010 by TruthAboveIgnorance because: changed argument to paragraph,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Your right

well explain to us clearly (short and sweet) how Evolution replaces Creationism ?

No
there is 25 pages so far of this discussion...we can do another 25 pages that simply rehashes the same thing over and over...it is clear creationists simply will not read anything...or accept anything..that goes against their superstitions.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I stand corrected. And after typing that I searched more and realized I was incorrect. But thank you for the information.

SEE.
See how easy that is?

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
yeah this one goes out to all the lost souls...

King Nothing !

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
yeah this one goes out to all the lost souls...
King Nothing !

I prefer this:

edit on 9-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The Church of Satan dates to the 1960s. The text it is primarily based on is Crowley's Book of the Law which was published in 1904. Arguably the information contained in The Book of the Law goes back thousands of years. The fact is theistic Satanists, those who actually worship Lucifer, are in an extreme minority when it comes to Satanists. In fact most theistic Satanists do not like being referred to as Satanists due to the connection with LaVey's Church of Satan.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join