It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villagers evacuated as Ecuador volcano erupts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Villagers evacuated as Ecuador volcano erupts

news.yahoo.com

QUITO, Ecuador – The Tungurahua volcano in Ecuador is billowing ash into the sky and sending super-hot pyroclastic flows surging down its slopes, causing authorities to evacuate nearby villages.

Hugo Yepez, director of Ecuador's Geophysical Institute, says no one has been injured nor any village damaged. He says people within 8 miles of the volanco's center were evacuated Saturday as a precaution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
latino.foxnews.com

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
saw this on fox news and thought to my self "not an other one". there seems to be a pretty good amount of volcanoes erupting around the world. is this normal? whats every ones thoughts on this story? and does any one think there is a connection to all the volcanoes that have been erupting as of late?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

I believe this is natural. I don't believe in HAARP or weather government projects. Hopefully everyone would be all right. One love to the Latinos and Natives in Ecuador!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

yes this is very sad. no one has been hurt yet which is good news but i dont want to speak to soon. as for HAARP im not to sure about the claims of people on the subject but who knows. i was more wondering if there was a connective natural occurrence that is making the recent volcano eruptions?
edit on 5-12-2010 by fallow the light because: typo!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Ecuador thats near the equator right? LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

pretty darn sure it is lol!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

How many active volcanoes known?
Erupting now: perhaps 20
Each year: 50-70
Each decade: about 160
Historical eruptions: about 550
Known Holocene eruptions (last 10,000 years): about 1300
Known (and possible) Holocene eruptions: about 1500

Note that these figures do not include the large number of eruptions (and undescribed volcanoes) on the deep sea floor. Estimates of global magma budgets suggest that roughly 3/4 of the lava reaching Earth's surface does so unnoticed at submarine midocean ridges

Source

We are just hearing alot more about this I think...but I wouldn't say its unusual.
I am still waiting for Mount Vesuvius to go off...that is going to be a disaster when it does.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

well it seems that the past 10 years was a slow time for eruptions. but it could just be that the media didnt cover any that had happened. in 2000 the net was a big thing but there still were a lot of people that didnt have it. so looking up events on the net 10 years ago wasnt a nation/world wide event.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
its 5:11am so i am going to get out of here. ill be back to see how the thread is going later on today.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
NOOO! Some of my uni class mates from NZ are in Quito right now
they are there doing humanatarian work.. I hope this isn't too serious!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/480efd891d9e.jpg[/atsimg]
From the webcam last night.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Tzavros because: Had trouble with the image

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Bump for those who may have missed this. Volcano go boom! So how many more volcanos have to go boom before we snap out of our denial that something's coming down the pike.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

im sorry to hear that. i wish them the best.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

well it just seems odd that when a was a kid (im 26 now) major volcanoes erupting were a big occurrence. but now science says that volcanoes erupt all the time and its not that big of a deal. i think that small volcanoes erupting like small hawaiian volcanoes is normal but at least 3 major volcanoes have erupted and caused evacuations. this just doesn't seem normal to me. but i guess its because im not a scientist

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

as scary as it is, that is a beautiful picture. thanx for the post

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

saw this on fox news and thought to my self "not an other one". there seems to be a pretty good amount of volcanoes erupting around the world. is this normal? whats every ones thoughts on this story? and does any one think there is a connection to all the volcanoes that have been erupting as of late?

news.yahoo.com
Yeah,.
But,. we should not force fear on the world by saying that things are heating up in the earth,.
Or simply that there "seems" to be an increase in volcanic activity.
Nope,. nothing to see here,. just ignore the many once sleeping volcanoes that have been erupting,.. lately

But really,. yeah I think it is much more than just a "We now live in a world that notices events like this and report them now but we just didn't do it in the past,... cause now we can"... thing.

Yep,. I said it,.. THERE IS AN INCREASE IN VOLCANIC ACTIVITY..
eat that,.. deniers

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Yep,. I said it,.. THERE IS AN INCREASE IN VOLCANIC ACTIVITY..
eat that,.. deniers

OK, I am a denier. Prove to me that there is increased activity using facts not feelings!

Webcam here

Volcano web cams generally here

edit on 5/12/2010 by PuterMan because: One day, just one day, I might manage to make a post without spelling errors, grammar errors etc. :shk:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

i Googled volcano eruptions in the past 20 years and here is what i came up with....take your pic of web sites on info.

Go ogle
edit on 6-12-2010 by fallow the light because: i did it again......

wait it wasnt me who typoed! for some reason when i put in my Google link, it comes up as Go ogle......wtf?
edit on 6-12-2010 by fallow the light because: HUH?

new topics

top topics

join