It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran (I'm opening my thoughts)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I have been thinking about the past lives, the after life, the judgement day etc, the messages which are laid in Quran.

Now

As I was surfing through the Internet I came across this

wild theory

:

I got the idea that when we die, we are born again, reincarnated if you will. But we are not reincarnated in our own time. What if you are born again as some one who has already lived. What if every one that has ever lived, is you, just you with a completely different personality.

help.com...

So what this theory is saying that, when you die, you will be reincarnated in the same life, but this time someone else.

This theory makes sense in the light of Quran, for many reasons.

1. Heaven

If you do good in this life, do not bother people, do not insult them, do not hurt them with intention, do not cause suffering etc, then every time you are reincarnated you will live a happy life, for ever.

In Quran it states that good people will live in heaven for eternity. Heaven simply means an amazingly good life, a life worth living, without the pain and suffering of this life. This description of heaven will be met if we realize that good will lead us to heave.

What do I mean by good will lead us to heaven? If we were to take this theory seriously you would assume that every time you do good, you are simply doing good to yourself because when you are reincarnated you be someone else, but that other person who you were previously, did good to you, and made life easier for you etc.

Now imagine if everyone of us pursued good, what would the world be like? If this theory was right, I would live in heaven for eternity, that is my choice, and as the timeline moves forward, what happens? We create the heaven described in the Quran, where all your wishes can come true, scientifically I can already see that. (DETAIL NEEDED)

2.HELL

Now if were all to be d1ck heads and a$$holes to each other, steal each others properties, continually destroy our own achievements through war, be greedy bigots, racist peanuts etc.. We are in hell.

According to this theory, every time we are reincarnated, we will be treating ourselves like sh1t therefore will only get worse and worse until we create the hell which is described in Quran, where we will burn for eternity. It is our own choice.

Every time we are reincarnated we are reincarnated we will cause our own suffering.

CONCLUSION

Being in hell and heaven is our own choice.

Until we realize that, we will continually be in between.

If we completely forget that, and loose faith, then we are doomed, eternal hell fire.

Right now we are in between.

What are your thoughts on this?

oz

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There's a youtube vid that tells me everything I care to know about that particular tome. It features a blender & a banana, but I won't post the link in case I offend anyone.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
There's a youtube vid that tells me everything I care to know about that particular tome. It features a blender & a banana, but I won't post the link in case I offend anyone.

What were you expecting when you clicked the title of this thread?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I would say, don't believe in the Qran or the bible.

Just do a good deed every day.

That would be nice!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by oozyism

I would say, don't believe in the Qran or the bible.

Just do a good deed every day.

That would be nice!

ummm

naaa!

I will stick with Quran, it is logical, and it has wonderful teachings, insight and has never failed me.

edit on 5-12-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What were you expecting when you clicked the title of this thread?

No, you're absolutely correct. I should have ignored it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

I think you should write a little more, that way people would understand what you are saying.

Unless you just want to talk to yourself

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I intend to buy a Quran and have a read of it in the near future, I want to know what all the fuss is about. I have a feeling it won't be half as controversial as people make out.

As for your own personal theory I like the sound of it. I've mentioned it before on here I can't reconcile myself with the idea of just dying and rotting in the ground. I was dabbling with the idea that perhaps when we die, we are 'reincarnated' as another version of ourselves in the fifth dimension. Maybe we will play out every possible choice imaginable, and as there are an infinite number of possible choices, this is where the concept of eternity arises from.

What I would like to ask though is do you believe you keep some former residue of your former life after you are reincarnated? By this I mean not necessarily just memories, but will you have the same nature and personality?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The population increases every year,,
Where do all the EXTRA souls come from??

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

More gingers are born
Hehe

Sorry i had to say it

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Likewise, I will stick with the Qur'an.

Trouble is with the theory I think is,
you are being good and coming back here for a good life as heaven is being developed.

Aholes are being bad and coming back here for a bad time and creating hell.

You are good, but you are going to be breathing their evil polluted air,
while mr evil is stealing your beautiful organic apples.

reply to post by Big Raging Loner

If you are looking to check a Qur'an. take the time to see if you can get the translation by Muhammad Asad, The Message of the Qur'an

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by oozyism

The population increases every year,,
Where do all the EXTRA souls come from??

It is like a game, you can be any player if you want, you just need to creator's permission first.

This body is not much different than a character within a game. Our soul is the real thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would say that this is the wrong forum to be posting in.

Religious Conspiracies would be more fitting, I think.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I understand the theory/idea you are presenting, but there is no mention of reincarnation anywhere in Islam. Allah is very clear that Heaven and Hell are different places than earth. Allah tells us about the food and drink of Heaven, the homes and mansions, the beautiful houri, and that nothing on earth can compare to Paradise. Allah tells us about the angels that will torture people in Hell, how the condemned will endure unthinkable punishment, and about the fire.

I can not imagine any solid argument for reincarnation based on the Qur'an. If you want to stick to the Qur'an, get your head out of earthly reincarnation. If reincarnation is a belief of yours, stick to religions that actually teach earthly reincarnation.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

sahabi has a valid point that reincarnation is not mentioned anywhere within the qu'ran. however you have a point
i would like to elaborate on. a number of years ago there was a documentary on either bbc of ch4 regarding children in the lebanon. a number of children were interviewed who all stated that they knew of their previous past lives in the same location. they claimed other families were their real families and informed the interviewer through translation that they had previously been killed in the conflicts there. some of these children actually met with their previous families and i must say it was quite profound.
hope the links below work.
www.springerlink.com...&sa=U&ei=CBX-TP7uJcfBhAf94Y3PCw&ved=0CCIQFjAJOJYB&usg=AFQjCNEqgCdrsPbkrlWMRFQyUiyEvFRv4g

www.google.co.uk...://www.psychicscience.org/papreinc.aspx&sa=U&ei=0hX-TNSsIMKJhQeUur3tCw&ved=0CB0QFjAE&usg=AFQjCNFKhXvoF3XKX2Jm5lmewYg VP-sY0g
regards f

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm not advocating against the idea of reincarnation. I can not be in opposition to an idea of the afterlife unless I have experienced death. To my understanding, this life right here, right now is the only one I'm consciously aware of. So I can not say with any certainty what will happen when we die.

There are many different beliefs about reincarnation, and evidence to argue in favor of it. But earthly reincarnation by direct word or out of context is not found in Islam. Islam and Muhammad were very specific that this life, right here, right now is what determines our eternal afterlife.

Children in Lebanon with tales of earthly reincarnation are not representative of Islam. Islam is a religion written in the Qur'an. Those children are not the religion. Even if earthly reincarnation is 100% true, Islam never is in agreement with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

the koran, baby.....take a step further into literary ability...did you know the koran says it must not supercede the first scripture writings.....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

The Qur'an must not supersede older revelation in their pure form. There is no way to say for certain the Torah is word for word Moses' understandings, and Jesus' Gospel doesn't even exist! All we have is the Gospel according to....

Since the pure, unaltered teachings of Moses, David, and Jesus no longer exist, the Qur'an is trump. If the pure teachings existed, the Qur'an would not supersede them because God's religion is God's religion, it would be the same.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

apologies sahabi.
it was not my intention to imply that the children of the lebannon were within islam.
just off topic i would be grateful if you could give me your opinion on the sufi religion and islam. as i understand some factions of islam are reluctant to accept this branch and as a musician i would be keen in understanding why. this question has been raised due to the recent(ish) attack on the sufi's in their residence.
regards f

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Islam is a strict religion. It is to be followed strictly according to the Qur'an and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad. Sunnah is the actions and sayings of Muhammad, written as Hadith. Qur'an and Sunnah are meant to be the only sources of Islam.

Sufism was not practiced by Muhammad, and is not described in the Qur'an or Hadith. Sufism incorporates beliefs and practices that were never ordained by Muhammad or the Qur'an.

To incorporate newly invented practices or beliefs into Islam is a mortal sin. Religious innovation is termed bi'dah.

A few practices of Sufi Muslims that are forbidden by Islam:
• Allah states in the Qur'an that He is completely separate from His creation. Sufis have a more "New Age" and Unity/Oneness belief of Allah.
• Sufis pray to saints, preachers, teachers, and the dead. The Qur'an says prayers are for Allah only, and praying to anything else is a form of disbelief.
• 5 daily prayers and annual Ramadan fasting are mandatory tenants of faith according to Allah. Sufis believe they can reach a point of purity and holiness where they become exempt from prayer and fasting. Allah actually says that prayer separates belief from disbelief.
• Prophet Muhammad did not ordain monastic or asceticism lifestyles.

Sufi Exposed, Bida'ah, Inovations & Shirk!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join