It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism rising in Israel, survey shows

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Racism rising in Israel, survey shows

presstv.com

Thirty-three percent of Israeli Jews support the idea of putting Palestinians in internment camps if a war breaks out, said the results of an opinion poll conducted by the Israel Democratic Institute released on Tuesday, The Christian Science Monitor reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The poll also revealed that almost half of Jewish Israelis would be bothered by having a Palestinian neighbor.

More about the Survey:

More than 1,203 people were surveyed by six researchers, who compiled the required answers from public opinion polls.

Why is hatred towards Arabs increasing?

Is it related to the agenda? That they believe the whole land of Biblical Israel?

Or

Is it related to the one sided conflict?

Is it related to Propaganda?

Is it related to psychology? That Jews want inflict the same pain to Palestinians, that Nazis inflicted on them?

Thoughts/

Oz

presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Have you got past poll results to show it's rising oozy?
33% is not a majority and around 1200 pollsters does not always reflect true views of a country of millions..
I'd really like to believe the average jew is a little more tolerant that this poll suggests..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And that is our story on racism in Israel. Next up - an amazing discovery shows that we need WATER to survive! Back to you Diane.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Israeli Jews support the idea of putting Palestinians in internment camps if a war breaks out

I see this not as blatant racism but as Israeli unsureness of Palestinian intent. Same thing happened during WWII when they built the Japanese, Italian and German interment camps. I'm not defending doing such acts as this but some people find this to be a plausible solution if war breaks out because they are scared. Remember, it's only about a third of the people surveyed that agree with this. If you applied this question to any other country in the world regarding another ethnic minority you'd get about the same results. It's only humans being human.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

WWII when they built the Japanese, Italian and German interment camps.

Don't forget the camps built for Jews.

Same shiz different smell.

That is where this could lead, the Zionists could spark another WW and cause another holocaust.

Their agenda is clear.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This sounds like the United States in relation to African Americans just 70 years ago.

Also have the Jews not learned enough from their time in the campgrounds?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well of course isreal is just as backwards and idiotic as iran.

Its just that we give israel tons of money so they can live comfortable lives. While on the other hand we constantly starve islamic nations of money and resources so their always pissed off.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The average Jew is just a person like you and me. It's the Zionist that feeds off their own people by making them defined as victimized 'chosen' people.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Interment camps built out of fear resulting from an attack with the intent to keep separated from society to deter attacks is different than building concentration camps built to exert cheap labor and kill them off when done because they're lower lifeforms. None of the people interned in the US camps were thought on paper as lower human beings just ask any vet that had to fight them overseas. They were the people that the government felt, at the time, were singular threats to national security and yes did go over the top by doing so with women and children. Big difference. My uncle didn't spend the war in a camp because he was on vacation. (Actually it was because he was an Italian communist who couldn't keep his mouth shut.. After the war was over they shipped him back to Italy. He came back.
)
edit on 12/5/2010 by mistafaz because: y oh y..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
reply to post by oozyism

Interment camps built out of fear resulting from an attack with the intent to keep separated from society to deter attacks is different than building concentration camps built to exert cheap labor and kill them off when done because they're lower lifeforms. None of the people interned in the US camps were thought on paper as lower human beings just ask any vet that had to fight them overseas. They were the people that the government felt, at the time, were singular threats to national security and yes did go over the top by doing so with women and children. Big difference. My uncle didn't spend the war in a camp because he was on vacation. (Actually it was because he was an Italian communist who couldn't keep his mouth shut.. After the war was over they shipped him back to Italy. He came back.
)
edit on 12/5/2010 by mistafaz because: y oh y..

Go research about the actual reasons behind concentration camps.

People watch movies and think that they are automatically Historians.

The camps were built out of fear also, remember "Jewish" terror attacks in Nazi Germany? Some call it false flag like 9/11, but that is a whole different topic, or is it?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes but at the end of the day it comes down to intent. There was officially none on the US government's part towards the Italians, Germans or Japanese to erase them from the Earth, while in Germany twas a different story towards anyone seen as "unwanted" by the NAZI's societal standards.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You know oozyism I love reading your post and seeing how other users react to your post. I don't view any of these people in Israel to be real Jews at all. It's my own opinion. I view God will send the Messiah to make peace soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So we have a hypothetical. A nation goes to war with another. Within the borders of one of those nations are citizens of their new enemy state who are open about their hatred and desire to see that nation fall. It is racist to intern those people for the duration of a war? Really?

Someone earlier mentioned the Japanese in World War II in the US. The difference in that situation is that the Japanese were guilty of being Japanese, and, in many cases, nothing more. There was a fear of spies, primarily, in that case. In Israel, the majority of Palestinians are openly hostile towards Israel and Jews, as well as open about their desire to see the nation pushed into the sea. The hometown population has often demonstrated a willingness to target and kill civilians. Ask yourself this -- if you were in charge of a war effort against a far better equipped and armed nation, but had a large number of militant sympathizers within its borders, would you attack on the front lines, or seek to enlist the help of those within the nation's borders? I'd go for the latter, because I'd want to win the war, personally, and fighting on their terms would not go in my favor.

Now, if you were the more powerful nation with an Achilles heel as large as a barn... Would you want to do something about that, or decide it wouldn't be nice and just let your enemy defeat you? Again, if it were me, I'd want to win the war, not get slaughtered.

I think it's disturbing only 33% feel this way. It means the other 66% don't believe the threat is real, are more concerned with appearing politically correct than smart, or really think that, despite what they've been saying, folks will change their tune based on a border if any hostilities break out.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Go research about the actual reasons behind concentration camps.

People watch movies and think that they are automatically Historians.

The camps were built out of fear also, remember "Jewish" terror attacks in Nazi Germany? Some call it false flag like 9/11, but that is a whole different topic, or is it?

Actually, no, no they weren't. They were built out of a desire for control. Hitler had made the Jews a scapegoat. In the public, the camps were said to be for the protection of the Jews because the people hated them so much. This was how the Jews were brought into them, how their neighbors were willing to let them go (not everyone in Germany hated Jews, and, just like folks today, even if you did hate the Jews, the ones they knew weren't like the others), and how the German public was capable of embracing the policy.

Many thought they were being sent to a new Israel being set up in Madagascar. Instead, they were being slaughtered by the millions. Yet was a closely guarded secret, even in Germany. The concentration camps weren't built out of fear. It was a cost effective solution to a problem Hitler created so as to rise and get a stranglehold on power.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
So we have a hypothetical. A nation goes to war with another. Within the borders of one of those nations are citizens of their new enemy state who are open about their hatred and desire to see that nation fall. It is racist to intern those people for the duration of a war? Really?

Someone earlier mentioned the Japanese in World War II in the US. The difference in that situation is that the Japanese were guilty of being Japanese, and, in many cases, nothing more. There was a fear of spies, primarily, in that case. In Israel, the majority of Palestinians are openly hostile towards Israel and Jews, as well as open about their desire to see the nation pushed into the sea. The hometown population has often demonstrated a willingness to target and kill civilians. Ask yourself this -- if you were in charge of a war effort against a far better equipped and armed nation, but had a large number of militant sympathizers within its borders, would you attack on the front lines, or seek to enlist the help of those within the nation's borders? I'd go for the latter, because I'd want to win the war, personally, and fighting on their terms would not go in my favor.

Now, if you were the more powerful nation with an Achilles heel as large as a barn... Would you want to do something about that, or decide it wouldn't be nice and just let your enemy defeat you? Again, if it were me, I'd want to win the war, not get slaughtered.

I think it's disturbing only 33% feel this way. It means the other 66% don't believe the threat is real, are more concerned with appearing politically correct than smart, or really think that, despite what they've been saying, folks will change their tune based on a border if any hostilities break out.

And I think you obviously are biased with Israeli sympathy..
I truely hope you do NOT moderate on Israeli threads..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I think it is disturbing that you still follow backward and old ideologies.

The ideology you are talking about is not much different than the Nazi one, the only difference is that they went one step further, to win the war they started to kill Jews.

Anyways, isn't Gaza a concentration camp already?

By the way, I find it odd that you didn't mention at all why the Palestinians are openly hostile to the Zionist government of the stolen land.

and

It is kinda disgusting for you to suggest Palestinians are hostile to Jews, Jews and Arabs lived in Palestine long, long before the Zionists terrorists came and established a colony in that land.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Actually, no, no they weren't. They were built out of a desire for control. Hitler had made the Jews a scapegoat. In the public, the camps were said to be for the protection of the Jews because the people hated them so much.

If Ooozy's post was so wrong then what did the Jews do to make the people hate them so much as you claim in your post??
There must be a reason to hate that bad..Oozy's reason??

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
By the way, I find it odd that you didn't mention at all why the Palestinians are openly hostile to the Zionist government of the stolen land.

Egypt? It's been a while since Israel held any lands there.

Regarding the Nazi connection, I stand by the post I made right after the one you quoted.

I do find it interesting that you consider fighting a war to win a backwards ideology, though. Start it or not, if I were involved in a war, I would want to win. Especially against an opponent who wants me and all my people dead.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Actually, no, no they weren't. They were built out of a desire for control. Hitler had made the Jews a scapegoat. In the public, the camps were said to be for the protection of the Jews because the people hated them so much. This was how the Jews were brought into them, how their neighbors were willing to let them go (not everyone in Germany hated Jews, and, just like folks today, even if you did hate the Jews, the ones they knew weren't like the others), and how the German public was capable of embracing the policy.

Many thought they were being sent to a new Israel being set up in Madagascar. Instead, they were being slaughtered by the millions. Yet was a closely guarded secret, even in Germany. The concentration camps weren't built out of fear. It was a cost effective solution to a problem Hitler created so as to rise and get a stranglehold on power.

Desire for control?

Control comes through fear, why do you think there is this hype regarding [home made fireworks] being fired towards Israel, to cause fear, and through fear increase control??

Palestinians pose no threat towards Israel, in the same manner Jews didn't pose any threat towards Nazi Germany.

But

Someone has to be hated in order to further the agenda.

That is why I claimed that the terrorist attack in Nazi Germany could have been a False Flag to unite Germans against a common enemy, very similar to 9/11.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join