It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL ADDICTED... Mentally / Physically, Please READ THIS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hello ATS, once again its Alex here.

Do you know what it's like not being able to leave a MALL PARKING LOT because you cannot afford to pay the 6 dollars required to have your vehicle stationed there for less than an hour? Today i dropped off one of my friends at one of our Miami malls and I was only there for a short time. I only had 5 dollars with me... and the guy at the gate refused to let me out over ONE DOLLAR. He basically held me prisoner at a MALL PARKING LOT. Folks I had to beg strangers for money so I could leave the place i dropped someone else at. I am just 21 and I had to BEG others for money to go out into "freedom." People... we cannot continue to do this to ourselves. It is not the man's fault, and i cannot call him names... But he is addicted to a system that will cut him out if he doesn't obey it.

I recently quit my JOB (held it for 2 years) because my back couldn't take it anymore. I was being paid very little but i still continued because the people that surrounded me were good at heart. Folks, i will not FILE for unemployment due to my STRONG CONVICTION and I am not going to ROB you of your hard earn TAX dollars to support me. I own a CAR and now, i am going to have to freeze my bank account... and just hope a higher power leads eyes to some resume lost in time. I cannot drive around anymore because I cannot afford to buy gas... I cannot drive the highways which would save me gas because there are illegal sun-pass tolls everywhere. I cannot use my phone because i will no longer be able to pay for it. I will no longer be able to do anything because i fell out of the system.

I swear, everything feels 50/50 till you lose your job and your strong convictions tell you... to do the right thing. What is the right thing you ask? The right thing is what everyone else considers stupid. People expect me to play the game as long as I am alive but i refuse. I refuse to be a sheep, i refuse to continue to be what I know in my heart to be a terrible example for generations to come and the folks who are currently around me. All i want is liberation from this addiction. All i want is liberation, not through death but through FAITH.

I just turned 21. I am going to have a VERY strong struggle throughout my life... I feel I rather starve to death than to mistreat others or do things out of negative intentions. I love humanity too much and care for those who have never even known my name. All i want is to liberate us ALL from this addiction, trust in yourself, trust in me. I feel I was put here to help you all... I feel i came here to touch the lives of those who struggle. I feel i rather live for others until I can make everything right and then and only then focus in on myself. Read my THREADS if you have doubts, ask the questions... we need to help, we all do. We need to admit to this problem before we can accept those who are seeking to lose everything to help.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
YOU ARE THE SOLDIERS CHARLIE SPEAKS OF. WAKE UP and TAKE WHAT IS YOURS.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I live in Florida,do not take it as an example that pertains to the rest of the world.

I am not from Florida,this place reminds me of third world countries I visited while I was in the Army.

Get out of Florida,it is better elsewhere.

Florida is like Disneyland,and we all know how happy their employees are,don't we.

Florida is FUCT.............

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Brother, we pay taxes so people like you can get unemployment.

It is your god given right to get unemployment, and I'm glad any amount of tax I pay goes to help you survive. File the unemployment claim and continue searching the vast emptiness for work.

You deserve every damn cent of that unemployment.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Revolution-2012 because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

That,I must say,is a very unusual statement.

I have been scurrying around the void for 2 years.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I'm a starving student, so believe me I know how it feels.

It sucks. Horribly bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Our taxes are meant to go to you when you get stuck up in these positions. When you can't afford to save yourself, the American people are there to pay for it. Unemployment benefit isn't war man, go help yourself. I'd rather my money went to a meal for you than to a bullet for a soldier.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

That,I must say,is a very unusual statement.

I have been scurrying around the void for 2 years.

It's a cool refreshing wind, a breath of fresh air that is what it is.

My god, if more people felt that way, this world would not stink ha;f as much as it does.

I had to read it twice to make sure I didnt misread it.

Cant star that sentiment enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
wow no greater speech has ever been made this is more proof charlie chaplin was ahead of his time. how much do we really know about charlie ? and to the op don't worry about your situation the universe will provide. oppertunities will be made available to you the universe is weird like that when things seems at there worst you will see they are really not that bad. just believe not in your govt not in your fellow man or woman but yourself you are the center of your universe. it took me years to realize this, but it is true. yes there are others around you that have an agenda this has been made apparent to me recently, now I have a agenda too. you can have anything you want, security abundance, love anything your little mind can conceive if you believe you can achieve so go out and carpe diem sieze the day
hope this helps

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

I say go on unemployment until you get back on your feet. You helped pay into it, and regardless of if you ever use it or not we will never get back the money we put in. I would rather see it go to a responsible person to help get them back on their feet, then let the govt collect interest on it. If your going to live in the system you have to play by their rules.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I'm a starving student, so believe me I know how it feels.

It sucks. Horribly bad.

Me too, I'mn in the same boat
I can't even have a part time job because my career is very time consumptive =(

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with using a fund WE ALL PAY INTO when you fall within the senarios it covers. Thats why it was made... to prevent people from falling out of the system when its not their fault.

You could have been looking for another job before you quit.... but it doesnt sound like your into that whole planning ahead resposibility thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
As long as you keep focused on this drive to remain unconditioned, and do not let it turn into great anger, arrogant righteousness or deep depression along the way, you will surely be the help to others that you seek to be. I suggest you go check out J. Krishnamurti on youtube or read some of his books, your post resembles much of what he felt. Keep your head up bro.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

It is your god given right to get unemployment,

LOL. Which god is that?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Theres nothing wrong with using a fund WE ALL PAY INTO when you fall within the senarios it covers. Thats why it was made... to prevent people from falling out of the system when its not their fault.

You could have been looking for another job before you quit.... but it doesnt sound like your into that whole planning ahead resposibility thing.

I was working as a Bus Boy and out of nowhere my lower back gave out on me. It was so bad i couldn't even give a 2 weeks notice. When i finally knew i was ready to quit i told my manager and had to walk away before breaking down. I loved the place so friggen much. Being paid $4.16 and hour plus tip is depressing enough, not to mention that for 7 hours straight I had to walk in a pattern picking up 13 trash bags that weighed almost as much as my own body (NON STOP with ZERO BREAKS). I had no choice about planning ahead. After i quit i told my manager i would do him the favor of working one more day and out of nowhere the pain in my lower back spread all throughout my back and I failed to go into work for that one last time i promised. I got really sick and now i am simply job hunting again.

I know I'll land a job somewhere, however its not about me finding a JOB right now. I think in a global scale, and i feel it is my duty to help others out of this. We are going to continue to go to school, we are going to graduate and we are going to turn our backs on those who are helpless. We will be taught to only care for our families and continue to pretend everything is the way it should be. We are going to continue to complain on websites such as this one and continue to do absolutely nothing. My friends, the message is simple, the message is strong. Unity. Lets build a structure so flawless that after its creators are no longer, the system will be loved by those living under it for generations to come.

I cannot continue to express the dangers in thinking about freedom and liberation and formulating a system that works for both YOU and I.

I hope my message is read by the right eyes and processed by the right kind of heart. There is no room for negative thinking anymore. There is only room for feeling as high as possible, thinking critically using common sense and liberating ourselves and each other from this addiction we have towards a system that is keeping us in check. A lot of you THINK you are good right now, but i tell you... things are meant to be better.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I have to agree, take the unemployment, they took your taxes before and will again given the chance...they sut up this bologne system, so help yourself!! They dont care any more or less for your suffering, just ask a homeless veteran.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I live in Florida,do not take it as an example that pertains to the rest of the world.

I am not from Florida,this place reminds me of third world countries I visited while I was in the Army.

Get out of Florida,it is better elsewhere.

Florida is like Disneyland,and we all know how happy their employees are,don't we.

Florida is FUCT.............

I have to agree with Chip. I lived in Florida when I was your age and found it to be a strange, mostly unhappy, unforgiving place for a young person with limited means. I respect your convictions and while the issues you described run deeper than mere geography, it doesn't help to have the cards stacked against you.

Whatever happens, good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

your a good man drkid. don't let it be your downfall tho. we good people tend to die off for the survival of others... thus there are very few of us left...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I am going to have a VERY strong struggle throughout my life

May I offer you the suggestion that you not deliberately make a plan of this?

I feel I was put here to help you all

Thank you. Know that we don't particularly benefit from your hardships.

We need to admit to this problem before we can accept
those who are seeking to lose everything to help.

No. Those who are seeking to lose everything to help (your words) need to learn that nobody benefits from them losing everything. "Sacrifice" is simply not necessary.

Matthew 7:5

first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That's a very telling statement. Although I'm not from Florida, or the United States for that matter, I know what you're saying. I would rather eat glass for dimes, than accept any unemployment, or welfare benefit. I haven't worked a 'traditional' job for a bit more than two years. The main reaosn I chose not to work for someone else is simple: I pay just under 50% of the money I make, to taxes. For what? To pay for wars we have nothing to do with? To pay someone else to sit on their ass, and play video games all day? Or to spend 95% of their cheques on booze and cigarettes? Hell no.
The other reason I chose to work for myself is: I'm working for myself. Period. I answer to myself. If I want to make money I must put in the effort.
So, yes, i do agree with you. Being unemployed sucks ass, but living on the streets is much better than collecting a government charity. Yes, collecting unemployment is fine, in a sense.... After all, you did pay into it. If you choose to live off of just that, what happens when the money runs out?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join