It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the U.S. If there was a draft, would you fight or run?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So if there was a military draft for say....WWIII...would you fight for our country, or run to Canada etc.

Me, you ask...I would fight. Even though our gov't is horribly corrupt and fighting for the wrong reasons.

It is my duty as an American.

Regardless of TPTB.

What would you do?

edit: i got busy bar tending so i can't reply in real time...sorry
edit on 4-12-2010 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't fight or run.

I would show up at the AFEES joint as ordered,but not agree to do anything they tell me to do.

It's all about what you agree to do ,if you don't choose to do it,they can't make you do it.

People are just stupid,that's how they agree to become cannon fodder in a selective service scenario.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If it's WW3, where would one run to?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I'd burn that sh# and head straight for canada. I believe, that since The United States Incorporated is a system based off of capitalism, then, ultimately, 'We The Sheople Consumers" have a right to choose which products we wish to financially support, and which Corporatized governments we wish to pay our taxes to. I'd be gone if they ever brought the draft back. I would NEVER support WWIII, or any war for that matter.
edit on 4-12-2010 by leira7 because: left hand has a mind of its own

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This would depend on what I am fighting for, and who I am fighting.

If I would be fighting for the freedom of citizens, then I would go in a heartbeat

If I was fighting so The rich can have access to oil in the middle east, I would be an outlaw.

The only good fight is to fight for a good cause. The war Iraq and Afghanistan has not given them there freedom, instead it has made it into even more of a police state than before, only this time instead of a tyrannical Dictator, it's our military and corrupt corporations.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I already did the draft stuff. Already served and suffered for that. lol What you are asking is actually bullsh*t. The either this or that stuff. I believe you're intelligent enough I don't need to explain further.

But I'm going to entertain these thoughts a bit. Um, azzhats who have none of American citizens' well being in mind, would I run away like a puzzy or stick around and try to make sure these azzhats don't take over? I'll stick around.

Like Canadians would do something.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would learn the way of the squirrel, gain their respect, then take all of their acorns and run to Canada. After skinning them for their fur of course.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm glad I got to read this slice of heaven before this fellow is banned and all of his posts are removed... lol
edit on 4-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

Referring to "SunLord"

edit on 4-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
I wouldn't fight or run.

I would show up at the AFEES joint as ordered,but not agree to do anything they tell me to do.

It's all about what you agree to do ,if you don't choose to do it,they can't make you do it.

People are just stupid,that's how they agree to become cannon fodder in a selective service scenario.

Very nice. You do not need to fight or run. I choose NOT to support this tyranny. You have to keep in mind that what you would be fighting for is your own possible death. For what? Their population control plan? Their greed? Their corruption? Their twisted, evil views on life? I don't support them. Well, actually I do. I live in their society. I support them every single day I accept their products, their food, their water, their BS! But every single day, I slowly and steadily release myself from their grip. One step at a time. One thought at a time. One more revelation at a time. Revelations! It's what it's all about.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLord

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c33b40ba4d1b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 4-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well, I am sure TPTB are pleased to learn that they can count on your allegiance but what if America's enemy is domestic rather than foreign at what point does your patriotic duty as an American require you to fight against the tyranny in your own country? Did you know that your constitution prohibits the us of involuntary servitude by your government? So the question might be: will your stand up for your constitution or for whatever regime happens to claim ownership of your country? Patriotism is great when your nation is fighting evil, but when your country is fighting to increase the profits of Haliburton... well then, patriotism is just an efficient form of mind control. But as for me, what would I do? Well, if a crime syndicate makes a demand of me, I will evaluate the consequences of paying up or evading and pick whichever option that I hope will turn out best.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

If its WWIII, wouldnt running to Canada be counter productive, since they would most liekly be involved also, being its a World War....

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLord

LMAO! You are to funny Sir! I too am a big fan of the BS that is churned out daily on this site! Some of these people NEED to find that FREE hiding hole that they are looking for! This way I don't have to worry about bumping into them in the real world! Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLord

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ......................

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..............................................................

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLord
ATS'ers have a special gift for stupidity. They form what are called threads on their forum which entail topics of discussion. When forming a thread, ATS'ers having no original ideas and thoughts of their own and will often post up # they have found on one of their competitors sites. This is then reworded and pawned off as their own prose. Anyone who wishes to dispute this is automatically called and branded a "Disinfo" agent. They then spend the next 909890 hours trying to work out which government this "disinfo" agent works for and how they are living life right on the edge just like in a spy movie. Then they get a call from their mothers telling them to stop wanking over the family computer screen and put down the bottle of man-o-man lube as dinner is on the table. This infuriates all ATS'ers and therefore their mothers are banned from ATS so as not to let everyone know that they still breast feed and love having their butt-holes tickled by their step-fathers.

All ATS'ers bow down the complete dickhead Nazi known as the SkepticGayLord, a fat balding useless turd. The SkepticGaylords real name is Bill Irvine (Kiidyfiddler to his friends) and he rules over ATS with an iron fist. If you disagree with his point of view then you will be harshly spoken to and banned from the site by SkepticGayLord. All ATS'ers love this man and often offer to raise his children in return for lavish stories about how he can put believers in touch with aliens. In fact the only Alien Willy Irvine has offered up is his overweight mother. This though has kept many an ATS'er happy as they are some of the most clueless and dumbest people to grace the net. Profile of the Fat-One. Being "in" with the Skepticgaylord is the ultimate goal of the ATS members as they have faith that one day they too will gain 80Lbs of excess lard and churn out more BS then an Arab in the interrogation room.

Sticks and stones may brake my bones but your post is retarded.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
So if there was a military draft for say....WWIII...would you fight for our country, or run to Canada etc.

You failed to define who we are suppose to kill, for what reason(s), and who instigated it.

If the premise is we attack Britain based on a bad batch of fish in chips, then I leave for Canada.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Darn i missed sunlords post, Sounds like it was entertaining!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't kill people,unless someone specific is trying to kill me,a specific threat .

Young,naive,ignorant people practice this "Patriotism " #,.........

Patriotism is just an easy way to get yourself killed for someone who hasn't the balls to fight their own battles.

Joe Blow in the suit wants to fight,let his fat ass do it himself,don't send me.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm 44 years old, so if I got a draft notice I would have to assume that we were losing the "war" and were in dire straights to begin with... so it would be a foregone conclusion.

Having said that, even if 40 more years passes before this imaginary scenario came. If I were called and I could still level a weapon, I would fight.

Not for a government.
Not for a state.
Not for a President.
Not for a flag.
Not for democracy.
Not for a political party.

But for my family, friends, loved ones, and neighbors. For them I would gladly suffer war.

~Heff
edit on 12/4/10 by Hefficide because: cohesion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join