It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello All - thanks for hosting this site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As a confessed 'lurker' for several years now, thanks be due to all who contribute. The insight, information, open debate and constant 'real-time' reporting keeps me coming back. I am not heavily, formally educated, however life tends to offer its own lessons and i have experienced many. With both humility and the desire to share, my opinions are often based on said experience. Am a seeker of truth (wherever it be), no longer religiously affiliated yet, highly spiritual, am an animal-lover and a feline assistant to a TNR release location, am currently unemployed without benefits and am fed up with the entire situation we have the audacity to call, life.

Please do not misunderstand, i am dismayed, disgusted, disheartened and completely disillusioned by all i used to hold dear (like most Americans these days) -- however, i still have great faith in the ability of humans to correct our failures and achieve better. With 6+billion ppl in this world, there is equally as many ways, reasons, opinions and methods to doing and saying Everything ... with this in mind, i seldom profess to be 'right' or 'wrong', just opinionated and (usually) firm in them ... i have been known to change my opinion given facts previously unknown and welcome any good debate. i mean no offense by my commentary, but am often, brutally honest.

Should you welcome my input, thank you in advance. Should you challenge my input, be prepared ... i travel with facts and consider myself an independent thinker. Rhetoric and propaganda don't get far with me. Guess this is partly why i decided to join, the level of dis-information being distributed is unlike anything i've ever seen in my lifetime (a few decades, anyway) and the absorption rate of said material flat out scares me.

Am attached to 2 youth currently serving in US military, one overseas and wish both were back home, yesterday. As much as i support them and everyone in harms way, i do not support the MIC or its contributing factions. I'm not afraid to say i love my country because i do, however, my country isn't what is wrong in the world (IMHO, none of them are really), just the people and the religions running them.

thanks to all for making and keeping this site available, interesting, current, enlightening, humorous and necessary. It is my humble belief that We are the answers We seek. May we achieve a greater understanding which will encourage life to blossom once again.

ps: in case anyone is wondering ... i chose this moniker in light of the current TSA abuses. i chose it because remembering is necessary. i chose it because the heroes within, shall never be forgotten.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Selamat pagi Honor93..!

however, i still have great faith in the ability of humans to correct our failures and achieve better.

As I do as well...we just seem to be taking a damn long time doing it.

Make the most of it...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

facelift, thanks for answering and for saying ?hello?, i think ... have never heard that greeting before and am guessing it's from .... oh i don't know ... Italian? i'll have to check with a translator and respond properly

can't answer as to why it's taken so long but i could guess ... perhaps, we had to wait for the Godfather (George Burns) to circumvent the guff and make his final appearance
No really, do we need an answer to that question or just be satisfied that the time has come? Some questions do not require answers (in this lifetime).

since i'm very new participating here, i have much to learn -- like how to view the post i'm responding to, for starters ... and, how to tell if an 'off site' story/link is AP related. I read somewhere that posting a link to such stories is prohibited (and i'm still learning) ... the last thing i want to do is 'irritate' the boards or the mods.

Any tips sure would be appreciated ... (not just the link to the mod posts, am still reading them)
Thanks again for answering. Hope you're having good days even amidst the bad, life is what we make it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join