It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Money Really The Root Of All Evil?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I am going to make a couple of assertions here.

1. We as a species/race lived harmoniously with nature long ago and provided for ourselves and our families as well as shared with our neighbors with no need nor knowledge of paper with numbers printed on it.

2. At some point we could no longer provide for our families, ourselves, nor could we share with our neighbors without first having paper with numbers printed on it.

I wonder how life was when we all shared and gave freely to one another. I wonder why it is written in the holy tablets of truth that it cannot be done again.What would happen if we tried?

I have a mind excersize that goes something like this.

We were all living a peaceful existance giving and sharing, providing and loving, having all that we needed and no more than we needed to flourish and prosper. The law of one was in full effect. We all looked out for eachother and cared for eachother. When there was a need, it was met. PERIOD! If your neighbor needed a home built for himself and his family then we all chipped in and helped out. When we needed help harvesting our crops everyone helped out and got the job done, no questions asked.

Somewhere along the line something changed!!!!!!

Did an offer get made to one of us? Perhaps something that no one else had. Something that appealed to our ego?
Perhaps somethng that Created our EGO? What if there was an offer made to give us a shiney trinket that had special powers in exchange for a deed of some sort?

Wouldn't that just make us feel.....'Special'? "Different"?
and what if we were offered more of these trinkets with special powers/properties for more deeds? and then what if we took these trinkets and showed them to our neighbors and they were all very impressed? They wanted to know how they could get some? Can I have one?? "NO" you say. "I had to labor to recieve these. These were a product of my sweat and hard work. If you want one then you'll have to do something for me first, then I'll give you one".

And So It Begins!!

More and more of these trinkets were distributed untill eventually there were so many that they were traded amoungst you for certain deeds. untill we started trading them for actual posessions.

Then It Happens

We start replacing these trinkets with coins made from precious metals such as Gold and Silver as a representation of how many trinkets you're entitled to.

But these heavy coins are sooo cumbersome and hard to carry around so we created paper with numbers printed on it
to represent how many Gold and Silver coins we have accumulated.

Well thats where we are now but we are at the tail end of this stage which brings me to the next level.

Something For Nothing!!

At this level we grow tired of this paper with numbers printed on it because it is too cumbersome and dirty. What we will do is show you numbers on a screen which will represent how much of the green paper you are entitled to.
This is much more efficient isn't it?
You can't hold these numbers nor enjoy their splendor. You can't wear them nor can you share them with others so that they may enjoy their splendor. What you CAN do with them is use them to aquire things and services like someone to build a house for you or perhaps someone to harvest your field for you????

You know,
the same things that used to be......FREE!!!!

We will now do anything for paper with numbers printed on it because we literally can't survive without it.
Try going a week without paper with numbers printed on it or a rectagular piece of plastic and see how far you get. ONE WEEK!!!!!!

There was a time people. THE WAS A TIME!!!!

Is there a crime or an evil that I can't contribute to money?? I say no. You see there is no such thing as evil nor rightiousness. Not right Nor Wrong, not good nor bad.

There is only service to self and service to others.

So is money the root of all Evil???

NO

Money is the root of service to self.

Your thoughts?????

edit on 4-12-2010 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I want to applaud you for this thread, this is something that people have yet to understand. This is "our reality". We want to keep up with the Jones'. We have no need! We never did. Food, water, family, togetherness. This is the basis of happiness and if you ask most, this is severely needed.

I have written several threads that I dont even want to post here as I know that they would be ignored, and say that this is a very strong message that you "cannot" convey to most.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What saddens me very much, almost to the point of anger, is to see people asking for these pieces of paper in return for "spiritual help". Thank you tithing with money.

Could also be related to the part of our psyche, that has become unable to ask for help. If one needs help, they should never feel guilty for asking, and one should never attempt to lay guilt upon someone for asking.
Excellent post. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's actually "the love of money is the root of all evil," which holds an important nuance. Money itself is simply a tool. The full quote from KJ version:

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Too true - sigh

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

S & F

It is the LOVE of money that is evil. As the love of power is evil. Money equals power. Those who have power control the flow of money, which is why the powerless get ever less money, and the powerful get more and more - I hate these people - (a lot of them leave people to starve and do not care).

But I have to disillusion you a little bit.

Humans have never lived in peace and love with foreigners - or animals, animals being the food of most humans.

See a foreigner - challenge or kill - that is human nature.

See an animal - kill and eat - or in later generations, kill for no reason (ugh I hate those people).

So we need to get past that vision of "all is love" because it simply does not apply to humans.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
We are only as rich as the poorest man we know, because we are all one. And.... that homeless man living behind the dumpster may be richer than you in most ways, think about that
edit on 4-12-2010 by handsinthefire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by handsinthefire

Awsome quote. I have never heard that one before. I will never forget that one.
Have you ever had one of those moments when your brain just grew a little bit and you just learned something you'll never forget?
"You're only as rich as the poorest person you know"Makes so much sense and so true too.
Thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Words are very profound and delusion is one that holds very intense meaning.

Delusion:a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary

Not everyone eats animals, and there may have been a time when no one ate them. Not everyone who is a foreigner is foreign, and there may have been a time when there was no such thing. A time may have existed where things were peaceful. I believe it did, and it will again....someday. Neither you, nor I have "proof" of either side of the story, and I am not psychotic, and it would be delusional of me to assume you are.
That'll be five bucks.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by handsinthefire

Hi, hands,

Yes, we are all equal - but the problem in this world is that we are not all equal in the eyes of a few humans.

And while the people of power take all the money, it will never happen.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Money is the root of evil, but you forgot the rest of the equation!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I think the concept of ownership is actually the cause of many of the problems, even if there were no money but some sort of barter system it still wouldnt be much better.

We gotta get over this concept of "my land, my food, my goods"... ownership leads to greed, poverty and wars.

Without ownership or money we would all live much better. Think about how much time and effort is wasted on things like advertising, banking, business, legal, finance... the list goes on. The whole society would be much better off if we stopped wasting so much effort competing with each other for the limited resources and just all got stuck into creating abundance for all. All work would be volunteer, and people would be keen to give back to society that gives them so much, only in a system of scarcity and forced work do you have people growing up to be lazy trying to get a free ride. Even if there was a very small amount of leaches it would still be many times more efficient than the system we have now. Considering 95% of the worlds population shares 5% of the money, if we had a popular vote it would happen for sure.

Advertising is a big one, it fits the definition of brainwashing quite well. From a very young age we are brainwashed not just by the tube but billboards and signs all through public places that we need useless material items to be happy. "Buy our shiny object and then you will be cool, buy our product and then you'll be happy" The result is many material items we just dont need rather than lasting infrustructure or life saving technology. And its all cuz of money.

For sombody who has grown up in the monetary system it would be near impossible to imagine and there would be many people claiming it wouldnt work (programming?) but for kids born into it they wouldnt know any other way.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Money is the root of service to self.

Your thoughts?????

Actually id say money is a manifestation of STS.

The self serving came first, then the money was used as a tool to aid serving of the self, the widespead use of which makes it very difficult for service to others oriented people to survive.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by recycled

HMMMM - two million dollars please.

Come on man - if you are saying some sort of other exists, it is not here.

Mankind has always eaten animals.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I'm sorry but I do not understand the problem of not being perceived as equal to anyone else. We are all "equal" in a deep sense. Equal is in the eye of the beholder anyways. I would trade all the power and money in this world for any of my best friendships. Power originates and ends within ourselves, not with the elite and rich of this world, unless we let it be so.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I've had a lot of moments like that these last few weeks, just kinda came out there.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

That can't be proven. Just because we are now a blood thirsty people, doesn't mean it has always been that way. One could easily assume anything they wanted, but unless there is evidence then it's just that, an assumption.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I never heard of any evil happen over another matter.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The point I was trying to make is that we are no longer living with all of the benefits that we would have had were we to be living lives of service to others. I think something......"Special" was lost when we began to service ourselves and stopped servicing others. A certain flow or Love....a connection perhaps. A connection with eachother and our source.
We cut ourselves off from Love when we made whatever deal we made and began to accumulate (and believed we were entitled to) more than we needed. At the center of all of this was money or more importantly...something external.
It doesn't necessarily have to be Paper money. It doesn't have to be in the form of a coin. All that is necessary is that it is external of you.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well according to the Christian bible this was the original sin, in the garden, committed by Eve. When she partook of the tree of knowledge, she became separate from God, and began to know herself.

So money? I don't know, was it really a money tree?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by recycled

I think people get too hung up on the word "Money". Let's just saysomething external of yourself which you have taken ownership of as a means of exchange.Something that we had to work and toil for in order to recieve. In the beginning I think it might have been something that was of actual use or interest to us. Now, it is a piece of paper with numbers printed on it. For me it is numbers on a computer screen as I do most of my banking online and through Debit cards. These numbers allow me to obtain things that I need in order to survive. They also allow me to obtain things I don't "need" at all, but things that make life easier or more pleasurable. Mostly things that distract us from how un happy we truely are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join