It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks: Cable disclosure process seems extremely illogical and very suspect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
reply to post by tauristercus

This is called building up, wikileaks want the releases to have maximum impact and the way to do this is to release it so slowly that it will be impossible to bury any of the information.

Slowly ???

WL have yet to release ANYTHING of major significance that will forever alter our perception of global history and policy making ! Count it ... zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Either they have something of earth shattering importance or they don't ... so far I'm seeing that they don't. I'm beginning to suspect that sure, Assange/WL certainly have an agenda but apparently it's NOT simply to show what "bad boys" the governments of the world have been.

By now they should have selected and released at least ONE cable that vindicates all their hype and shows that they really do have "the goods".
edit on 4/12/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Has there ever been an event in human history comparable to what we see now?

No?

Then how do you know it's "extremely illogical" and "very suspect" to do something, that has never been done before ever, one way or another??

You don't. You just assume.

To see this much panic while just a little has been released means the governments and people are afraid of what is to come. Yes, most information released up until now has been "known" by "conspiracy nuts" for some time, but don't forget the general public was not aware or did not care.

Patience, as cliché as it sounds, is the key.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
He is playing the media for max affect. This will keep the topic in the news for a long sustained period of time. What is the use of dumoing them all. People will nt be able to digest all the info nor wil it get covered. It would be much easier to cover up if its all released together...

kx

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
it makes no sense whatsoever. maybe it is just a diversion for something else that i going on?

coincidentally....is anyone else getting a 'server not found' when they try to go on wikileaks?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Just to be clear - you have said that Assange posted information that was hacked.

It was not hacked if it was Manning that did it. He had the clearance and the authorized access to the information.
He didn't do any hacking. He put a thumb drive in, and moved the files to it. There was no access restrictions in place.

He TOOK it without authorization to leave with it, but he had authorized access to it. He read it, he was horrified by it, and he thought it should be made public for the good of the country.

Now you may disagree with his assessment. He probably had more time to read those cables than anyone. IF it was him, and according to the Lamo chats, it was.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ats is has become a cesspool of trolls . Keep wiki bashing kiddies . Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Wiki Leaks has done alot more then some of you trolls here who bash. Why dont you go out and do half of what wiki leaks has done?

Its easy to hate. But very hard to appreciate.

When your pissed off someone gets so much attention just cry " Hes with the CIA" Then stick your head back in the sand , into your version of "reality" Keep trolling with these negative posts . It just draws me closer to wiki

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The counter arguement one could make, is that WL has been involved in missions to expose government fraud, like the situation in Kenya, which changed the history of the country. So WL's track record kind of makes it hard to label them as CIA disinfo, unless theie plan is very complex... "First you will overthrow the government of Kenya using targetted leaks... then you will release all of the Iraq and Afganistan war logs painting the US in a bad light....then once you have gained everyones trust you release documents containing no valueable information, but that will serve to expose childish name calling of government figureheads...Next we pretend Assange is an evil terrorist rapist, then we assaninate him and say we were keeping our citizens secure from WL terrorist propaganda...Next Assange rises from the dead...and..."

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2010 by SkurkNilsen because: nevermind

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

No?

Then how do you know it's "extremely illogical" and "very suspect" to do something, that has never been done before ever, one way or another??

Yes, I totally agree that what WL is doing is completely unprecedented.

But what I am saying is that the WAY in which WL has chosen to release the cables seems to have no rationality or logic behind it.
As I have been saying, the cables that have been released so far seem to have been chosen at random WITHOUT regard to subject/topic, security classification or creation date. One would have assumed that having obtained in excess of a quarter million cables, that WL would have done the logical, intelligent and smart thing and NOT release any cables until they've taken the time to go through them all, examine the contents, then produce some sort of efficient system for eventual disclosure and dissemination.

I've already mentioned a number of obvious strategies, with each one far better than WL's current release strategy (or lack of one) ... namely:

1. Release the documents based on date of creation so for example all the 1966 documents get released, followed by 1967, followed by 1968, followed by 1969, etc, etc.

2. Release the documents based on security classification for example all the SECRET/NOFORN documents 1st, then the SECRET documents, then the CONFIDENTIAL/NOFORN documents, then the CONFIDENTIAL documents, etc, etc

3. Release the documents based on say the degree of "damaging" info contained for example all documents relating to Desert Storm, or all documents relating to the 911 attack, or all documents based on the search for Bin Laden, etc, etc.

4. Knowing that once the documents begin to be released, that measures will immediately be taken to shutdown/restrict Assange/WL, therefore it would be imperative to release the most "interesting" documents 1st.

But do we get anything along the lines of points 1 - 4 above ? Do we get any cables that will amaze us and "turn world history on it's head" ?

Nope ... instead we get low level mediocrity, name calling and backstabbing and 1966 cables about Argentina extending it's territorial waters limits.

It's been a week now and we've had 821 cables released ... and not a single one of those cables contains "history re-making" info.

In fact, at the rate WL are releasing the cables at approx 100 per day, it will take 6 years to release all of them. Even if they immediately double the release quantity to 200 per day, it will take 3 years to release all of them.
Yes, I know WL have stated they're releasing slowly because they believe that the attention span of joe average citizen is extremely limited and that s/he couldn't be bothered plowing through a mass release of documents ... but do we really believe WL will be given the luxury of 3, let alone 6 years to do their thing ?

It really doesn't take much thought to realize that the prime consideration should be for WL to release THE most damaging cables IMMEDIATELY.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It's media controll, how hard is it to understand?

Assange has said on several ocations in interwievs that wikileaks is out to get maximum political impact with their leaks and that's what they are doing.

Just let it go allready.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

This just hit the news about 1/2 hour ago.

WikiLeaks founder 'sends out 100,000 copies of secret files as insurance'

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has revealed that he has sent out 100,000 encrypted versions of secret files in case anything happens to him.

Assange acknowledged there had been death threats against him and his colleagues because of the damaging leaks. He told for the first time of the insurance policy he had put in place to ensure that his whistleblowing website will not be silenced, whatever drastic steps may be taken by his enemies.
sify.com...

So, Assange and Co can act fast if they wish. Question is, does he slowly drip out these selected Cables, as you have outlined very well in your OP? Yes, he does. So...then why does he operate this way?

Very good questions, and they deserve an answer. IMO, its done on purpose.
Same thing with announcing ahead of time.

You know, think about it. Assange has had so many MSM interviews in the last several weeks.
He has personally been so very busy with the Lamestream Media.
Forbes....
Time Magazine...
Etc.

Maybe he has lost sight of his original intent?
Or was his original intent to get where he is at the moment, by implementing this strategy of show and tell?

For details, see the red in my signature...

And maybe it's a very, very clever, well thought out strategy which is being done deliberately to have the greatest effect on unravelling the criminal mafia governments...his main aim is not to please ATS posters, which will be a shock to some ... it is to have maximum effect in disrupting a system which supports this mafia nest of vipers who want to kill us all.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by Zamini

No?

Perhaps an 'illogical' release is part of a clever strategy.

But what I am saying is that the WAY in which WL has chosen to release the cables seems to have no rationality or logic behind it.

'Seem' being the most important word here. To YOU it seems that way, dare I suggest that those who dedicate their lives to this, and who put their lives at risk to do it, might just have really thought this through and decided on this strategy for carefully thought out reasons which you are not aware of?

I've already mentioned a number of obvious strategies, with each one far better than WL's current release strategy

Wow, YOUR strategy is better than WL's, and you make that statement based on NO knowledge of what the WL strategy is, sitting in your armchair reading ATS. No delusion and ego in that statement! I will put my trust in WL's ability to come up with an effective strategy over yours any day.

Nope ... instead we get low level mediocrity, name calling and backstabbing and 1966 cables about Argentina extending it's territorial waters limits.

And you are really in a position to understand the subtle inferences in these cables? YOu are trained in understanding diplomatic innuendo, and the machinations of foreign policy? How many of the cables themselves have you actually read?

It's been a week now and we've had 821 cables released ... and not a single one of those cables contains "history re-making" info.

Please explain what 'history re-making' means to you.

In fact, at the rate WL are releasing the cables at approx 100 per day, it will take 6 years to release all of them. Even if they immediately double the release quantity to 200 per day, it will take 3 years to release all of them.
Yes, I know WL have stated they're releasing slowly because they believe that the attention span of joe average citizen is extremely limited and that s/he couldn't be bothered plowing through a mass release of documents ... but do we really believe WL will be given the luxury of 3, let alone 6 years to do their thing ?

Tell you what, why don't you start your own whistleblowing website, since you believe you could do a much better job and obviously could re-make history more effectively, why don;t you just do it instead of talking about it.

It really doesn't take much thought to realize that the prime consideration should be for WL to release THE most damaging cables IMMEDIATELY.

The post illustrates your own lack of thought, not that of WL.

edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

There would be no need for a so-called "insurance file" if Assange began the disclosure by releasing THE most sensitive and revealing of the cables.

You do know that if he does that he's a dead man right?

The only way for him to stay alive is to have an ace in the hole that the TPBT can't take from him. They're in checkmate.

They don't move... Assange wins. They move against Assange, Assange wins.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Its very logical actually.. if 250k+ cables were released at once it would be in the news for maybe 2 or 3 weeks if that and then fade away .. this way he can not only control what and when the documents are released, but ensure that for months on end wikileaks will be the front page news story.

Genius.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Its very logical actually.. if 250k+ cables were released at once it would be in the news for maybe 2 or 3 weeks if that and then fade away .. this way he can not only control what and when the documents are released, but ensure that for months on end wikileaks will be the front page news story.

Genius.

But WL does not profit monetarily from the leaks, at least not which we know of, so keeping it headline news for a year just for publicity isn't necessary. There were certainly better strategies that WL could have used to get the iinformation out sooner and with the impact desired, but there are things which none of us know that is obvious to WL and so they have chosen this method.

As you see from the docs already released, putting out the most sensitive data (such as those labeled secret) first would not necessarily give us everything we wanted to send the governments running to the gallows, as a lot of the docs, even though they have high securityattached to them, are pretty useless.

I think if wikileaks does know EVERYTHING that are in the 250,000 docs, then they would certainly be using this as blackmail. The fact that they are censoring certain organizations and people is nice, but shows a little lack of credibility that we all desire. For example, look at the recent leaks from dec 5 :

Companies and people from Spain and Germany are implicated in supplying equipment that will aid in the production of WMD's. The Spain connection is with Syria. I belive they supplied metals. A German company supplied environmental testing chambers to Iran. At first, the German Govt would not allow the sale, so the company instead went to its Chinese arm and sold the equipment to Iran from there. The German company as well as the Syrian companies are hidden. Shouldn't these companies be sanctioned? I would say yes, if non-proliferation were important to our politicians. Then again, without names, where and on whom do you place the sanctions, right? To me it makes no sense to censor some but reveal some as well. Either censor ALL important people/places/entities or do not censor any, that way you don't get controversy. That way you don't get discredited. That way you don't appear hypocritical.

There were many strategies WL could have used, but they seem to be using the one that will benefit them the most, which goes beyond media attention and PR, and that's the problem. If they have the comprehenseive knowledge of the files and are able to say the things they said, most recently having the docs to bring down one of the largest banks in the world, that means they have things pretty organized, so they know what they are doing is holding the world hostage, person by person, country by country, company by company. But why? What are they getting out of it?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

They do profit, in fact paypal just pulled its service from the site, but another will take its place.. people are donating a ton of money for his cause..

And its not about money, imo, its about power and about truth. Imagine holding the worlds most powerful nation by the balls and being able to twist till they cry for mercy.. its about power and control, for some the ultimate euphoria and much more gratifying than money.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I agree, what is going down is very clever, very well thought out.
However, only in that its a Pied Piper strategy.

Since when has the mainstream media been in the business of exposing the corrupt politicians, the two party system, the war machine, or the banks? They arent. So why then, are they cooperating with Assange?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by wcitizen

I agree, what is going down is very clever, very well thought out.
However, only in that its a Pied Piper strategy.

Pied piper why, exactly? Have you read the thread with the article which actually explains the strategy?
If not, you should. I believe it's an incredibly clever strategy, and I believe it's working.

Since when has the mainstream media been in the business of exposing the corrupt politicians, the two party system, the war machine, or the banks? They arent. So why then, are they cooperating with Assange?

Two newspapers are printing mostly the least offensive of the claims, with just a bit of spice here and there. This could be damage control. It is also PR - if the media didn't cover such a huge story it would make their bias plain to see and make it obvious they are a propaganda machine.

The UK Guardian has carried some articles strongly critical of the Bilderbergers in the past, it seems less afraid to speak out against them than any other newspaper I've seen.

NYT - likewise, damage control and keeping up the appearance of actually being a newspaper rather than simply a propaganda mouthpiece.

The rest of the MSM is mainly spewing the vicious attacks against him and discrediting him as much as they can, from what I can see. So this too could be a neat strategy - because they will have undoubtedly drawn up a media strategy. A couple of newspapers print some of the news from the cables, and the rest of them use the fact that it is news to launch their vicious discrediting campaign - calling him a terrorist, sayig he is putting national security at risk when that is total BS (3 million low grade employees had access to this material, therefore it was NOT considered highly sensitive or dangerous information). They are using the same fear mongering that they always do to dupe the public - creating fear through accusations like terrorist and breach of national security, and anti-Americanism. The machine is going for it all guns blazing. To date, however, they haven't come up with one law he has broken.

Yes, TPTB do always use the media to lie to us and manipulate us - but the trick is understanding how we are being manipulated, and why. It's way too oversimplistic to assume that just because an article about someone appears in the MSM, the MSM are co-operating with that person. The MSM is an incredibly complex weapon of war against the people, and they are experts at using it against us in all sorts of ways.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Genius.

Not just that but it keeps them in a state of panic, and dread and having to constantly mop up their own mess!!
second

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey guys,

The cables wikileaks released say 9/11 was a bombing....

"The 2001 world trade center bombings"

(Click to see full-size excerpt)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join