It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof WIKILEAKS spreads lies propaganda and DISINFO with PICTURE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by thecinic

Don't you find it the least bit ironic that if you google "I cannot tell a lie" not a single reference to Lincoln shows up; however, numerous links to info regarding Washington appear?

Even better just google "couldn't tell a lie." All the top results are Washington.

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Why has this not been bumped down to HOAX? Who is still flagging this?
2nd

This is becoming common with negative wikleaks thread.. It wouldnt suprise me if it was front page by morning.....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Wikileaks states in america we are taught that GEORGE WASHINGTON NEVER TOLD A LIE... That is a blatant and false statement and A LIE.....

You're right, you made a " blatant and false statement and A LIE".

Wikileaks actually stated "could not tell a lie". They did not use the word "never" (which you keep using to support your straw-man referencing of Lincoln as the "never told a lie" president).
edit on 12/3/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Please be advised that the one-liners, the off-topic posts, the excessive quoting, the lack of external quote tags and the lack of citations for external sources and the ill-mannered posts will not be tolerated.

Actions have already been taken and there will be more to follow, if these violations continue.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Note: Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS – Please Review Link.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

You came and edited the thread, but did you read the original post?
It may be that the OP didn't know what he was talking about, but what he states is an absolute fabrication and several people have pointed out that it's completely incorrect.

It is the same as a hoax. He is lying to perpetuate an agenda and the evidence of the lie is blatent.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U/Message - Click Here to View Your Inbox.
edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
We were NOT taught in american school that George Washington couldn't tell a lie, that is false blatant propaganda by wikileaks..

We were taught in school that Abraham Lincoln never told a lie....

It is known as a fable a story something we know that IS NOT TRUE wikileaks tries to make it out like we are indoctrinated with the story of George Washington never telling a lie which we knew in school that IT WAS JUST A STORY!!!

The fact is if wikileaks didn't try to indoctrinate the people with lies, we know that Abraham Lincoln in fact never told a lie and WE KNOW THAT the story of george washington couldn't tell a lie is false...

Wikileaks makes it out that we all believe that George Washington couldn't tell a lie... WELL we know that is a story we do not believe that...

WHAT WE WERE taught and what we believe is that in fact Honest Abe NEVER told a lie...

Wikileaks tries to make it out like we were taught to believe that george washington couldn't tell a lie which IS NOT TRUE....

We were taught and it is true HONEST abe was the upmost man and never told a lie....
edit on 3-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Mod, this is blatant trolling and it's not the first time he's done it. Heck look at his avatar and he's trying to make it seem like he's a gold content contributor.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Yeah.. You are right I remember going through this with this member before.
I don't really care what he thinks it's obvious he's either a troll or an idiot. I just hate that people pick up this rhetoric and I have to sift through more threads of it from other foolish people.

This thread is a HOAX, TROLLING, and a member attempting though poorly to misrepresent themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

We were NOT not in american school that George Washington couldn't tell a lie, that is false blatant propaganda by wikileaks..

"We"? Maybe "you", but certainly not "we".

Speak for yourself, bub, because my generation, and those before it were taught the Washington "biography" (which included the cherry tree tale) as "history".

Your personal ignorance regarding what has historically been taught in U.S. schools does not equate to "blatant propaganda" by wikileaks; however, your constant misquoting of wikileaks to push your personal agenda could certainly fall under the "blatant propaganda" heading.
edit on 12/3/10 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Everyone knows that the story of George Washington is just that a story a fable where you seem to get mixed up is that wikileaks is indoctrinating people into thinking that we as american are taught that george washington couldn't tell a lie and that we believe our presidents never lie which is misrepresentation in itself.... We were not taught especially EVERYONE as wikileaks claims that George Washington couldn't tell a lie so the blatant false hood people get reading it, is that we as americans believe the fable ,which we do not, because it is a story... What we know is that HONEST ABE Abraham Lincoln never told a lie, not that we believe George washingtons fable that he couldn't tell a lie, we all know that is a fable...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Google Search: What President Couldn't tell a Lie

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to
make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: Fixed link and added Mod Note

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

I agree with you. I was taught the same thing in the mid 60's. Do you think maybe the curriculum changed in the 70's, 80's 90's?

And no, his teeth weren't really wooden.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

I went to elementary in the 90's (25 now) we were taught the same thing. The OP knows he is wrong, he's just trolling or in denial. It's a shame people don't have to dignity to admit when they are wrong these days.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Even if he had got the name wrong, which he hadn't, it would only prove a mistake had been made, nothing more.. Hysteria and desperation come to mind....as do pot and kettle.

This is the thread most lacking in integrity that I have ever seen on ATS.
edit on 3-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by StlSteve

I went to elementary in the 90's (25 now) we were taught the same thing. The OP knows he is wrong, he's just trolling or in denial. It's a shame people don't have to dignity to admit when they are wrong these days.

I don't know anyone who believes George Washington couldn't tell a lie we all know AND WAS TAUGHT that is a story a fable.NO ONE TAUGHT IT AS FACT... I'm not wrong YOU ARE SIR... wikileaks is indoctrinating you to the point of blindness.. Wikileaks says we were all taught George Washington couldn't tell a lie.THAT IS A LIE.. WE were not taught WE were read the fable THE STORY... WE were taught that Abraham Lincoln never told a lie.Not that George Washington couldn't tell a lie. Epic tomfoolery for you...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Don't mean to beleaguer the point, but they really did teach it as fact in the 60's. That was back when Pluto was still a planet, and Michael Jackson was still black.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve

Don't mean to beleaguer the point, but they really did teach it as fact in the 60's. That was back when Pluto was still a planet, and Michael Jackson was still black.

When was wikileaks put online 2006 or 2007 and they are so smart and educated to not get their own facts straight??? Something 40 years ago as you say that was taught as facts and wikileaks is going to run with a blatant false lie from 40 years ago? Wikileaks discredited itself RIGHT THERE....if thats so true they need to update their minds and quit making people be so childish in their love affairs with a defacto disinformed wikileaks staff that claims to open governments and they can't even open a history book???

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Many people here did not like what Wikileaks is doing.

Now imagine with the confirmation that will be some leaks about UFOs. Some people here will go crazy with Julian Assange.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Something 40 years ago as you say that was taught as facts and wikileaks is going to run with a blatant false lie from 40 years ago? Wikileaks discredited itself RIGHT THERE....

You're right. Let's all ignore Wikileaks because... because...

How does that go again? Oh yeah... it's discredited RIGHT THERE. Yup. that explains it all. In 1814 we took a little trip, along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Missisip. We took a little bacon and we took a little beans and we fought the bloody British... no, that wasn't it.

George Washington. The one who couldn't tell a lie. That was what Assange got wrong. YEAH. That solves EVERYTHING. Woot!!!

if thats so true they need to update their minds

Wait a minute. What do you mean with "IF"? Are you not so sure now?

and quit making people be so childish in their love affairs with a defacto disinformed wikileaks staff that claims to open governments and they can't even open a history book???

Love affairs. Hmmm... sounds HOT.

Seriously, though, I thought this was all about the cables. How did long gone PRESIDENTS get involved and WHY DOES IT MATTER so much to YOU?

You know, all this shouting can be ADDICTIVE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join