It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof WIKILEAKS spreads lies propaganda and DISINFO with PICTURE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Oh man.. This is ridiculous. Wikileaks is right and you are wrong. You just made yourself look pretty foolish and uneducated. If I were you I'd just edit this thread into oblivion. Yeah they called Abraham Lincoln "Honest Abe" but it was in fact George Washington that supposedly said "I can not tell a lie."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I have PROOF that AboveTopSecret is spreading lies and propaganda! You know WHAT my evidence is?
THEY HAVE ADS. THEY HAVE ADS, SO IT *MUST* BE DISINFORMATION.

Sorry cinic your evidence for wikileaks being a cia front for disinformation is about as effective as what I just said.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
hnn.us...

Lincoln's consistent honesty when dealing with the explosive subjects of slavery and its expansion into the western territories deserves extended analysis. For present purposes I shall instead discuss another of Lincoln's speeches illustrating the high value he placed on honesty. This speech is very little known, despite its great interest both at the time of its delivery and today. It comes from his term in Congress as Representative from the Congressional District around Springfield. It was delivered on January 12, 1848, and it constitutes a rebuttal on behalf of the opposition to President James Knox Polk's Annual Message to Congress of December 7, 1847. (Nowadays presidents deliver these messages in person, and we call them the state of the union addresses.)

It was always taught that it was Abraham Lincoln old honest abe... Wikileaks is trying to prove its worth by skewing American history. Everyone knows the story of the man the president who never told a lie, Abraham lincoln, proving wikileaks knows nothing about american history and is disinformation. That is alot coming from a rapist... alledged

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Are you for real? What's your motivation to discredit wikileaks if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Really you must have gone to a fine school if this is what you learned. And even if it wasn't you that was completely wrong and just posted something that is absolutely false and showed that Wikileaks knows more about American history/folklore than you how do you figure this proves they are liars spreading propaganda.
By your logic, now that you know they are in fact not liars and what they said was absolutely true and it wasn't as you said in the quote below "honest abe who IN FACT never told a lie" they must be a completely honest and righteous organization.

It is Abraham Lincoln you know good old honest abe who in fact NEVER TOLD A LIE.This is what we were taught in school.We were never taught George Washington never told a lie...... Wikileaks is lie spreading propaganda.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

They aren't skewing American history. YOU ARE by not knowing it. H
Haha I love it. You tried to post ripping on WL but you were the one that was wrong
Wikileaks is right here, it was Washington that said "I cannot tell a lie."

Apocryphal stories about Washington's childhood include a claim that he skipped a silver dollar across the Potomac River at Mount Vernon, and that he chopped down his father's cherry tree, and admitted the deed when questioned; "I can't tell a lie, Pa." The anecdote was first reported by biographer Parson Weems, who after Washington's death interviewed people who knew him as a child.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: Added link to external source.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Who knows, but he's doing a terrible job.
2nd

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OP has a Gold Contributer picture in his background to make it seem like his posts are actually worth something, which they aren't..
Mods, surely having that picture in your avatar is against the rules?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Love how the media and disinfo agents like this one try to rally the people against Wikileaks...just shows how desperate they are.

link   
reply to post by Nventual

I would actually like OP to edit the opening of the thread to admit he was wrong so he doesn't confuse people coming here into thinking that. Not only is he skewing history by claiming WL is wrong about something they are right about, but he is using something that doesn't exist to try to discredit them.
Cinic.. please admit you were wrong (and if you want apologize for not knowing American history as well as WL)

link   
It was

Parson Weems
en.wikipedia.org...

Mason Locke Weems (October 11, 1759 – May 23, 1825), generally known as Parson Weems, was an American book agent and author. He is best known as the source of some of the apocryphal stories about George Washington. The famous tale of the cherry tree ("I cannot tell a lie, I did it with my little hatchet") is included in The Life of Washington (1800), Weems' most famous work. This nineteenth-century bestseller depicted Washington's virtues and provided an entertaining and morally instructive tale for the youth of the young nation.

He came up with the story HE made up the fable of George washington saying he cannot tell a lie.. No one taught me George Washington never told a lie.. They taught me Abraham Lincoln NEVER TOLD A LIE..

The story is just that a story a fable.. The truth is that Honest Abe was the one who never told a lie... He did not say i cannot tell a lie... HE DID NOT TELL A LIE.

It is FACT that it was HONEST ABE ABRAHAM LINCOLN who everyone trusted to never tell a lie..

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You need more proof Cinic. This is akin to going through pages of material to finding a spelling mistake and saying "LOOK, I WAS RIGHT!"

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This thread should go into the HOAX subforum, or perhaps the "herp derp" subforum instead.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Clearly wiki, and thecinic are full of it because it was Nixon who said "I am not a crook!"; so he's the honest one...

Am I right, or am I right?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You are seriously ignorant if you cannot understand that WL was making a reference to the story of George Washington saying "Father, I cannot tell a lie" when they say "Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington the countrys first President “ could not tell a lie. "

He said " I cannot tell a lie" that would lead one in the future to say he could not tell a lie.
If he "cannot tell a lie" in the past tense he could not tell a lie.

Just give up. You are dead wrong, couldn't be any more wrong, based your thread on not only nothing but your own mistake.

Every school child is taught that Washington "could not tell a lie" from the story where he can't tell a lie to his father about chopping down a cherry tree.
edit on 3-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I like how you tried to edit it but didn't include the part of the story where Washington said "I cannot tell a lie" that's how we can tell you know you are wrong and just wont give in. They don't have to say anything about a cherry tree. They aren't telling you the whole anecdote they are referencing it and you may be the only person in the entire United States that is saying they are wrong. I think some people flag based on headlines.

Anyway.. Look Cinic, if you just admitted you made a mistake and were confused It would be understandable and no one would think you were being retarded they would just think it's an honest mistake. Both Washington and Lincold have stories about their honesty. However if you continue to deny it, (despite, I think, knowing you are wrong which is why you gave the weak disclaimer when you edited it and said "blah blah" when talking about the Washington story which is the one WL is relating) people are going to think you are just oblivious and are, frankly, stupid. Not that you are I think it was an honest (lol) mistake and that you are just being stubborn now.

HOAX/HERP DERP
edit on 3-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Disinfo?..Oh stop it already..do you know how we got where we are today..this hell we're in? people like yourself that can't see the bigger picture and claim to have all the answers..the mere fact any info is being released means something is going on.they don't do these types things for hee haws..regardless the reason you think..you'll never know so stop spreading your propaganda trying to be the guy who discredited wikileaks.you sound like a disinfo agent yourself.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I am not trying to offend you, however I feel your thread topic proves nothing but a simple mistake and has nothing to do with the downloaded information that WikiLeaks is unloading.
In fact, your thread topic to me is very misleading. My assumption is your thread will be pushed up to number one on a “Google search” for ignorant people, who are trying to find information about WikiLeaks.

We all know how disinformation’s work in our government. My opinion is this thread title will be used perhaps by government hackers to keep this nonsense to the top of Google search, when people are looking for related information about WikiLeaks.

When many ignorant people come across a title like yours, chances are they may not want to search for any information about WikiLeaks after seeing you thread.

What a great deterrent to steer people away.

I do hope I am wrong and that is not your motive, but me just thinking outside of the box and giving an assumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join