It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof WIKILEAKS spreads lies propaganda and DISINFO with PICTURE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
JUST spotted this on the cablegate wikieleaks site it is proof they do not know what they are talking about, need to stop their disinformation machine, filling peoples heads brainwashing them, THEY are spreading lies and propaganda.

Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f415103cca2b.jpg[/atsimg]

It is Abraham Lincoln you know good old honest abe who in fact NEVER TOLD A LIE.This is what we were taught in school.We were never taught George Washington never told a lie...... Wikileaks is lie spreading propaganda.

There was more to Lincoln’s integrity than just financial honesty, however. As a lawyer, Lincoln combated, both in word and deed, his profession’s reputation for dishonesty. Lincoln won his nickname “Honest Abe” (sometimes “Honest Old Abe,” though he was only in his forties at the time) while practicing law in the circuit courts of Illinois during the 1850s. Colleagues ranked him “at the head of his profession in the state” in part because of their absolute confidence that he never told a lie. In his notes for a lecture on the law, Lincoln advised his audience to dismiss from their minds the “popular belief that lawyers are necessarily dishonest.” Honesty should be the top priority of the young when they selected an occupation. “Resolve to be honest at all events; and if, in your own judgment, you can not be an honest lawyer, resolve to be honest without being a lawyer. Choose some other occupation.”[11]

www.fpri.org...

A history lesson for some of you....

George Washington chopped down a cherry tree one time and his father asked him if he did it blah blah that might be the fabel you try say they mean, nowhere in that wikileaks lie is there ANYTHING about a cherry tree. We were taught IN AMERICA that it was ABRAHAM LINCOLN that IN FACT NEVER TOLD A LIE....

HENCE making wikileaks lie spreading propaganda BS presented to you by an alledged rapist with NO credibility.

Here is a un-altered photo in case wikileaks tries to correct this real fast.

Wikileaks is NOT to be trusted..

Assange has not gained ANY trust and now proof that wikileaks spreads lies that are not true!

This is a LIE wikileaks and you try to make up your own fairytales to fool your sheeps... NOT going to work.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: see note above

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
whether or not it is actually true, yes, as children we were taught that George Washington said that...you know, about chopping down the cherry tree? Wikileaks isnt lying about the fact we were taught that as kids. Regardless of whether or not wikileaks mentioned the cherry tree, its logical to assume that is what they meant. you're clinging on to a technicality.. .
edit on 3-12-2010 by Xavialune because: stuff

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

You're kidding, right? Because they mixed up that old saying? I loooooooove how people get all pissy because of Wikileaks, and I can't wait for them to come out with the banking cables...and I'm saying this as someone who worked in that industry.

edit on 3-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
www.apples4theteacher.com...

From source:

"George,'' said his father, "do you know who has killed my beautiful little cherry tree yonder in the garden? I would not have taken five guineas for it!''

This was a hard question to answer, and for a moment George was staggered by it, but quickly recovering himself he cried:

"I cannot tell a lie, father, you know I cannot tell a lie! I did cut it with my little hatchet.''

And that, I think, is the answer to the OP.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It could have been a mistake. People make them all the time--Palin saying we should support our North Korean allies, Obama saying he visited 52 states or whatever. No one is infallible.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am unsure why this thread is getting flags... did I miss something completely awe-inspiring in the OP that discredits Wikileaks?

link   
OP you're trying to hard and making it obvious you're either a) a retard or b) a disinfo agent.
This is like the 5th post I've seen of yours where you try to discredit Wikileaks with silly arguments.

link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

reply to post by spacekc929

You are correct, and the OP needs to review history before making inaccurate and silly threads that waste peoples time and wastes bandwidth on this website.

Nice fail OP, research history.

*ROLLS EYES OVER AND OVER*

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/3 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't care about the cherry tree story it says NOTHING about a cherry tree on wikileaks.. It says we were taught George Washington never told a lie, NO we were taught Abraham Lincoln NEVER told a lie.... We are not speaking fables or stories we are speaking AMERICAN HISTORY.... The thing wikileaks knows NOTHING OF.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Although I believe Wikileaks is a cyber disinfo agency...

I don't really see how this photo relates to Wikileaks spreading disinfo.. they're posting information that TPTB told them to post... Basically they're the messenger...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is an EPIC FAIL of a thread.

I don't even care if GW said that or not, it is an item of misled popular culture... like the idea that Assange=Wikileaks.

BTW I'm pretty sure I was taught exactly the same thing about GW, whether it is true or not its a folk legend.

Why you gotta hate?

ETA:

Ah, spacekc929 leads the stampede

edit on 3-12-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sorry OP, but Wikileaks has it right - Washington is attributed with "I cannot tell a lie..."

The Moral Washington: Construction of a Legend (1800-1920s)

So much for your "proof" (the premise for your post was ridiculous anyhow). Just another attempt at Wikileaks bashing?
edit on 3-12-2010 by Blackmarketeer because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this is a joke, right?

second line

link   

I just want to point out that I was taught that it was George not Abe. Just saying.

link   

You know, even if George Washington hadn't been reputed to have said, "Father, I cannot tell a lie"

Julian Assange is from Australia, so maybe we could cut him a little slack on knowing all of the American propaganda about our past presidents. In fact, this lends more credence to him being legit... him making a mistake about simple American history... TPTB wouldn't do that, they would know all this backwards and forwards.

Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
JUST spotted this on the cablegate wikieleaks site it is proof they do not know what they are talking about, need to stop their disinformation machine, filling peoples heads brainwashing them, THEY are spreading lies and propaganda.

...nowhere in that wikileaks lie is there ANYTHING about a cherry tree.

This is the worst straw-man argument I have ever heard. Are you for real?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This has to be about the lamest attempt I've seen yet to discredit Wikileaks.

What did you think?... Everyone was going to sceam 'The basta*ds, in that case everything they've released has to be a lie!'

Give it up OP... Your campaign to discredit Wikileaks is failing dismally!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah I got on video that the USA and UN nations where on wikileaks since the start...check it out.....LINK TO VIDEO matter a fact the they where spying on wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join