It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weather is officially wacked.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So here I am December 3rd in the middle of Colorado opening up my windows because its 80 degrees in my house. Not because of my furnace but because its so damn beautiful outside, which for this time of year in Colorado is very rare. I've been a Colorado native all my life (28 years) and I can't remember a time where the weather was so consistently warm for December.

Usually we have had a snow storm or two by now outside of the mountain ranges and the highs would be about 40-45 degrees.

Something isn't right with this picture at all.

Is the weather normal where you are?
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There´s nothing wrong with the weather it should always snow at Christmas

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm down in the Springs and it's pretty much the same here. Really windy, but very warm for December, sheesh!. Winter still hasn't started in Colorado, we had one kinda decent snow last week, but other than that nada. Usually by the end of October we've already had significant snowfall. This year is a little strange.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
There´s nothing wrong with the weather it should always snow at Christmas

...I think you are misunderstanding what I'm trying to say or you are being sarcastic, I can't tell. It's NOT SNOWING here and it should have been for a while now. Its abnormally warm here and it shouldn't be. Traditionally Colorado areas receive their first snow on or before October 31, we went through all of October, November, and now in to December with nothing more than one light dusting and a few sporadically cold days.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I live in the front range in Colorado and I agree with you, this weather is crazy. It is 55 outside my house right now, and we have had MAYBE an inch of total snow accumulation this fall/winter. I am not complaining but it sure is odd.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I'm down in the Springs and it's pretty much the same here. Really windy, but very warm for December, sheesh!. Winter still hasn't started in Colorado, we had one kinda decent snow last week, but other than that nada. Usually by the end of October we've already had significant snowfall. This year is a little strange.

I'm just south of you in Pueblo and thanks for validating my thoughts. Springs is by nature usualy 10-15 degrees cooler than Pueblo (I lived in springs for a couple years) and still Springs and Denver haven't received the snow they should have by now. It's odd

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Further detail, I live a few miles into the mountains directly west of Denver.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yeah, it's 69 degrees here right now. That's usually about right for September. lol I agree with you , the weather is pretty weird right now.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Sly1one

Yeah, it's 69 degrees here right now. That's usually about right for September. lol I agree with you , the weather is pretty weird right now.

It's 73 here in Pueblo...definitely not in a million years would I guess that as December weather.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Central Saskatchewan here. Right now the weather is normal, it's warmed up to -8 celcius, and snowing again, although it feels colder for some reason. It was around -20 last week, and physically to me, it feels the same. I guess outside warmed up, but I didn't yet

This last summer though, was far from normal. We had more rain than anyone around here has seen for 60 years, fields were flooded everywhere, many grain crops didn't happen, or they rotted under water. Way less frogs than normal, and about 100 times more mosquitoes.
We're usually one of the sunniest provinces, but hardly any this year.

Very curious to see how the rest of the winter turns out.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow didn't know we had so many users from Colorado. I'm in CO too and it's 70 degrees! Of course my weather Gadget says it's gonna snow tomorrow...But ya I have to agree the weather is very off this year. Wasn't it a year or two ago that we had a massive blizzard by now? At this point the only "Blizzard" in my near future is Cata on Tuesday! (If you know what I mean, then you know what I mean!)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The weather is always working as a periodical element. We have the very same type of weather what we had twenty, forty or sixty years ago. Only the media and the Governments are screaming... oh, my god, we're going to die because we have snow. They're just creating fear.

Here is the newsflash: The present season is winter. Snow is used to fall in winter.

If you don't have snow right now in Colorado, then you've just arrived to the lowest point of the synus of the weather scale. Ten years later, you'll have the very same snow what you had ten years ago.

Guys, doesn't any of you remembers for 1985 or 86 when the media is already made nice scenarios regarding the next ice age? That was the low point of the weather cycle. Now we're on the opposite side.

Have a nice winter everyone.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puresilence
Wow didn't know we had so many users from Colorado. I'm in CO too and it's 70 degrees! Of course my weather Gadget says it's gonna snow tomorrow...But ya I have to agree the weather is very off this year. Wasn't it a year or two ago that we had a massive blizzard by now? At this point the only "Blizzard" in my near future is Cata on Tuesday! (If you know what I mean, then you know what I mean!)

Lol funny WoW reference. I'm trying to remember a time since I have lived here that it has been this warm and this consistently warm at this time of year and I just can't. The other interesting thing is the weather is actually pretty consistent for Colorado, usually it changes every 15 minutes. I remember times when I would mow the lawn on Monday and shovel the driveway on Friday lol. Not this year though, I'm just loving the beautiful weather we have abnormally been privileged to.

link   
Well,
in NW PA we have had massive rain that caused floods on Tuesday,
that then turned into ice and snow within 2 hours on Tuesday morning.

I went into mass with warm pouring rain on the truck and came out
with 6 inches of snow on the windshield.

We have been under "drought".
I guess it was "too much, too fast" for the water table.

People have flooded houses by the rivers and low areas.

We went on to have torrents of water with sheets of ice and
snow on top...

Now it is much colder and all the water is turning to ice sheets on the
sidewalks and roadways.

Been snowing on and off pretty well too.

Very strange weather for right now.

link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Hi, I'm in Oldham, Northwest England,

We are being hammered by snow, which is nice when not having drive as I do to travel with my work,

Anyhoo, back to my point! my friends think I'm mad because I go crazy about CHEM-Trailing! they have been doing non stop for days and boom we get snow, just as we did in early 2010 and an unpresedented amout,

On the UK News (SKY), they showed a graphic of how the Ionosphere was severely bent (Northwards) preventing the usual Gulf Stream from pushing the cold air away from the UK below the southern tip and across Europe,

I genuinely believe TPTB are experimenting on us using HAARP and Tesla's warming of the Ionosphere technology to bend the flow through seeding and heat activation,

During the World Cup, this year (2010), they did masses of spraying which in turn gave Pakistan mass flooding, Russia major conflagrations of fire, all reported in the MSM,

Here in the UK, we have hundreds of aerial masts in clusters grouped all over the country, and I genuinley believe these are used to manouvre artificially charged weather systems through CHEM-Seeding and HAARP heating,

BTW, one aircraft CHEM-Trailing was British Airway's over my house as it was low enough to see the livery,

Any comments would be welcome,

Thank you,

Andy

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As said before and will no doubt be said again for many years...expect wild changes in weather..from sunny summer days, to a mountain of snow the following week, and back again.

Expect every summer to cook a bit more, expect massive blizzards in the winter

but whatever you do...do not believe anything is wrong...the corporations and some politicians said everything is fine..and that is far more trustable than the worldwide consensus of scientists from across borders, disciplines, and every imaginable field of study in environmental science there is...clearly they are all in a grand conspiracy...
our corporations and some politicians are pure as the driven snow whom only want to help the people..by doing nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
As many of you probably know the u.k. is currently suffering severe cold weather conditions (severer for the u.k. anyway.) However about a month ago, at the start of November i set off to work at around 11am. This is in the northern u.k. by the way, i could not believe how warm it was, i had to take my coat off as a i walked to work. Really strange for this time of year and the temperature was like a warm day in early summer. It was strange and i remember talking to people about it at work.

Just an observation!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Well, I've been in Colorado since 84, and while I will agree there have been several Decembers lacking snow, it's quite rare to hit 70 degrees after October in Colorado. I'm sure it's happened before because I haven't heard of any records broken (maybe they have?). With that said, the weather here *is* very fickle and as not usually as consistent as this current trend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412

Have a nice winter everyone.

I will when it gets here, just not here yet. And I've lived in Colorado for 28 years and I can remember early winters and early snow storms and Late into the winter season May/June we had a few snowstorms but I don't remember December being so calm and inviting for this area.

You are probably right though as all things are cyclic and this is just a cycle. The precession of the earth's wobble must change every or so 20 years? Either that or the sun is shooting out some heavy stuff on its 11 year cycles. However 11 years ago (1999) I don't remember having a late winter here in Colorado at least definitely not like this one.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kushin

I think the East coast of the USA and Europe has stolen our snow this year, lol!!

edit on 3-12-2010 by Wookiep because: to add Europe :p

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join