It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Library of Congress blocks Wiki Leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It amazes me that the same country that self righteously criticizes the rest of the world for human rights abuses and lack of freedom has become the worlds biggest human rights abuser and hypocrite when it comes to liberty. It seems like over night America has become our worst tyrannical nightmare.

The truth being blocked and information being blatantly suppressed.

The banks and the FED blatantly stealing money from the people.

As cliche as it may be the question, "What is our world coming too?" has never seemed so appropriate. I sit at my computer aghast at the almost daily events that push us closer and closer to the brink.

gawker.com...

edit on 3-12-2010 by wisintel because: fixed for saturnfx to encourage thought provoking discussion

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Pity you had to put the TSA bit in there...went from a thought provoking discussion to a hair splitting debate of speculation

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have been pointing this out to friends and family alot lately.

Regardless of a person's views on Wikileaks or what thier motivation is, look at the measures that our governments are willing to enact just to shut them up/limit exposure.

If ever there was a clearer picture of true corruption I am unaware of it. In order to protect thier careers and prevent the public from even the most cursory of views behind the scenes these politicians are willing to throw everything out the window.

Does anyone seriously doubt now who they serve?

It isn't us.

edit on 3-12-2010 by [davinci] because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For the first time, I am truly, deeply appalled. The Library of Congress is supposed to be for Information. Now they're the Ministry of Truth, aren't they?

The destruction of information is one of the only things I consider to truly be an utter, universal wrong. Way to go, LoC.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So been at work all day and live in the UK....so haven't seen the US news.

Is Wikileaks now blocked? Like... taken offline?

I just tried my bookmark and nothing happened..... man.... how can they do this?

:shk:
edit on 3/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No, you just can't access it in the Library of Congress. It's pretty stupid on just about every level.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Well the site isn't working at it's usual url.... Hmmmmm

http://__._/

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That's well known. Their host at .org had to pull them away -- not to censor them, but because the attacks on Wikileaks were beginning to affect their other customers. It's at .ch now, I think.

new topics

top topics

join