It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO debunkers read this !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hello sir debunker

Nahh.. this is not going to be one of those debunkers vs true belivers treads.. or will it, hehe

This is a question to all the ATS people that dont believe we are being visited by extraterrestrial beings on a daily basis in the form of ufos´.

My question is this:
What kind of "happening" should take place for you to be convinced we are being visited by extraterrestrial beings

Behave

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

For my money? Simply reasonable proof. If these beings were traveling light years to get here one would think that they'd want to do more than just lurk, or speak to a small circle of politicians. One would think they'd have a message and a means of delivering it.

So, yeah... that.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Could you explain how you would accept this "message ?

television, is that okay ?

What if you did not see any "aliens" only got the announcement from a human leader ?

Would you question if the disclosure itself would be faked ?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

No but the problem with all this is, that they could be here for any reasons. We don't know how they live, or how they see the world. Maybe they are like us, maybe they are like the movies we have seen, maybe even more exiting!
But I see your point, of course, but on this subject you really need to be open minded.

And what proof do I need?
When they will show for everyone. I think, if they want to tell earth they are here (if they exist) then I think they would do it worldwide.

I don't even know if I would believe it, if the mainstream media made an official statement, that they found alien life. I need more than 'just' a picture with my eyes. I need to 'feel' it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Television would be suspect to me, no matter who or what delivered the message. Alien or human. As we all know, in this day and age, special effects can be very convincing. But television with reasonable corroboration might suffice. Corroboration such as seeing hovering alien craft myself - or a demonstration of some technology that simply could not have been developed on Earth.

It is my personal belief that if aliens were to come here they would not be shy about letting us see them. Whether or not they had good or bad intentions would be irrelevant. I feel that, either way, the last thing they would be concerned with would be secrecy.

Star Trek has introduced the concept of malevolent aliens following a "prime directive" into our culture. But Star Trek also allows this modest approach by mitigating what is probably the reality of intergalactic travel... that is would require a LOT of time and resources. Or at least a LOT of energy.

Therefore I feel as though any species which expended these resources to get here would be pretty much on task when they arrived. They'd have deliberation and structure. And they would act.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A worldwide sighting would do it for me , or they can land on the white-house, lawn either one would be pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

So you would not accept it if we..emgm I mean they, came in one ship and was shown in teli ? or would that be good enough.. or would you have them come in millions of crafts all around the world hovering over each town independece day for you to be convinced ?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It would have to be an Independence Day type scenario to impress me.

new topics

top topics

join