It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
They must be laughing their hind ends off that people are actually afraid of a kid's toy robot.

I believe that a normal child lacks the ability to mix cement, carry it somewhere, and cement an object to a piling, making this more then simply a child’s toy carelessly left behind. The police treated it as though it was a shaped charge concealed in that plastic toy because of the fact that it was affixed there by cement. They acted appropriately under those circumstances, as explosives can be concealed in just about anything big enough to hold them.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hahahaaha this is gold!
I might go and put a teddy bear in the centre of town tommorow. Just to see what will happen.
Im guessing it'll get stolen though.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Please tell me your just pulling our leg.

This just shows how ludicrous the BS war on terror is.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

An oustanding post Antoniastar. Like the new Avatar too by the way.

"World War III will be a guerilla information war, with no division
between military and civilian participation." -Marshall McLuhan

Basically what they are trying to do is reconstruct socieities thinking along total Hegelian principles where the State has all right in every matter.

By playing on our divisions and making us fear basically everyone that is not like 'us', they are literally forcing everyone to conform into the 'herd' or risk being viewed not only as a threat, but being treated as a threat by an ever growing security aparatus that does have all rights against the citizen.

Basically everything Jimmy Carter did to gut the CIA from being a rogue government within a government has been undone and even more powers added to it.

The right to assissinate Americans abroad, secret prisons, detentions without trial, etc. etc., it's an Orwellian Nightmare of epic proportions and to keep Americans numb or fearful to it, requires a multi-ponged effort of 'staged dramas' to make them afraid, a watered down education system to make them less capable of critical thought, chemicals in food and water to make them more docile, media constantly editorializing and framing the news with a predisposed 'proper' and 'politically correct' oppinion, forced austerity through economic manipulation to rob people of the freedom that cash in your pocket can buy you and the places it can take you and the things that it can provide, all set to a backdrop of a heightened sense of imagined danger that they never miss a chance to make seem as real as possible.

End result a homogenous mass that is obedient to and worships the state, and ties it's identity with the state.

They are doing a pretty good job at it too, except for us guerillas, who wage the information war against them for the hearts and minds of the people.

It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

They must be laughing their hind ends off that people are actually afraid of a kid's toy robot.

I believe that a normal child lacks the ability to mix cement, carry it somewhere, and cement an object to a piling, making this more then simply a child’s toy carelessly left behind. The police treated it as though it was a shaped charge concealed in that plastic toy because of the fact that it was affixed there by cement. They acted appropriately under those circumstances, as explosives can be concealed in just about anything big enough to hold them.

Except that we don't know if it was in fact cement. Now concrete can be purchased from Home Depot ready made, and guess what, once set, the base of the Robot would come right out of it, so no where the authorities betrayed themselves was using the word cement, you cant cement plastic unless it's encased, and this clearly wasn't encased.

This is the authorities trying to justify what was likely either glue, or some spilled substance like a soda, or chewing gum, as being something more sinister than it was.

For all we know it could have been teens using it to mark 'gang' territory or playing a mean prank on a sibling.

Face it, it's a toy, there is no justification especially when you consider the officers themselves said and I quote "There was nothing to it".

That really does mean that, there was nothing to it.

Why anyone would want to pretend there is something to it, is just frankly bizarre!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Please tell me your just pulling our leg.

This just shows how ludicrous the BS war on terror is.

No that was a real story from Denver earlier this week, the text in the external text box is part of the write up on it, every thing else is proto's write up on it.

Proto doesn't just write great conspiracy threads, he has a wicked sense of humor too.

Don't loan him money though!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Except that we don't know if it was in fact cement. Now concrete can be purchased from Home Depot ready made, and guess what, once set, the base of the Robot would come right out of it, so no where the authorities betrayed themselves was using the word cement, you cant cement plastic unless it's encased, and this clearly wasn't encased.

there are LOTS of things they consider cement, such as Sand Mix, Mortar, Quickdry, etc. They all hold plastic just fine, as I have cemented PVC, ABS Plastic, Conduit, etc. If nearly dry, they can be handled similar to putty, placed in a pile, smoothed, then the toy shoved into it, then left to harden.
edit on 12/3/2010 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Great post ProTrav

Obviously the whole problem here with this robot could have been resolved if the TSA had just been called in and an enhansed pat down of the entity including that suspicious hump in the crotch area. TSA Agents are the barrier between us and those evil Al-cia-dah, ya know?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
I live in Albuquerque and just today we had a "bomb" scare at the local IRS. Turns out someone left a briefcase in their car and someone reported it. It took 8 squad cars, 5 ambulances, 2 firetrucks and 2 bomb squad units to figure out that it was just papers and files. They blocked off traffic for a major avenue and 2 back streets. I bet the whole incident cost the city 5 million in resources.

This new wave of fear is ridiculous.

Can you imagine the poor person who left the briefcase in the car, to come back and find his car tore up, his briefcase ransacked, and probably treated like some kind of criminal?

Things are just not right!

Thanks for sharing that!
They had to pass the briefcase through some x-ray machine and forcibly remove the entire passenger side door. Oh I forget to mention that this is within 200 feet of a high school and a middle school. I checked the news first thing and one website listed it as a drill while two others said it was a person with a gun/suspicious package. To me it seemed like an indoctrination into the world of fear TPTB portrays.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah, well I would need to see a lab report before I would go along with that.

Long and short of it, it's a kid's toy, so it's a kid's toy with glue on it, gum on it, welded to something, nailed to something, what ever, it's still a kid's toy.

Justifying that kind of level of fear, over a kid's toy is just rediculous. do yourself a favor, look up the IRA, and look at what kind of bombs and explosive devices they used, and then realize that they have been hiring themselves out for years, to narco-gangs, extremists groups, who ever can pay, to help fund their cause, and when you do, you will realize that not even the FBI would teach a dumb angry somali kid to make a robot bomb and place it like that.

There is something very suspect about people and organizations that lack the ability to laugh at themselves.

Go ask Ronnie Regan if you don't believe me.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was gonna superglue a transformer toy on my friends car (he has the stupidest looking "wing" on the back. It should really come off, lol).
I'm gonna tell him to pick me up from the mall downtown. I will bring us to the food court to enjoy some lunch. It just so happens that across the street there are gov't buildings. I hope they won't blow up my friend's car.

link   
reply to post by zero1020

Wow you mean they didn't explode the brief case too?

I guess that's because it wasn't cemented to the car's upholstery!

link   
Haha only good thing I've read on ATS in a while.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
I was gonna superglue a transformer toy on my friends car (he has the stupidest looking "wing" on the back. It should really come off, lol).
I'm gonna tell him to pick me up from the mall downtown. I will bring us to the food court to enjoy some lunch. It just so happens that across the street there are gov't buildings. I hope they won't blow up my friend's car.

No telling with some of the lunatics running around in our government drunk with tech, weapons and tactics that they should have never been allowed to have on the tax payer's dime.

You will be lucky if they don't blow your friend up!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Great post ProTrav

Obviously the whole problem here with this robot could have been resolved if the TSA had just been called in and an enhansed pat down of the entity including that suspicious hump in the crotch area. TSA Agents are the barrier between us and those evil Al-cia-dah, ya know?

I don't think they like it as much when the victim doesn't squirm and grimace.

Robots are just no fun, especially ones smaller than a claymore mine!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Great post ProTrav

I don't think they like it as much when the victim doesn't squirm and grimace.

Robots are just no fun, especially ones smaller than a claymore mine!

Yeah, I'm not much into robots either.

I did ask a TSA agent, as she was patting me down, if they had an outcall service. She just winked.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
you have to understand, people working for TSA and HLS need to feel special. in order to do that there have to be situations where our eyes are on them so that they can feel bad ass. however, should a scenario arise where they are truly needed and there is a slim possibility of bodily harm, they coward and hide and wait for the situation to be over. then they start pointing the finger. same goes for our military.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I would agree with you if you were the OP, but your not.

Here in Connecticut I was taught how to mix flour and water proportions for cooking when I was in the 5th grade. The class name was "Home Living". I learned how to sow,cook,clean and even earned my Red Cross Certification to babysit... All in a public school and in the 5th grade.

Now about the robot being cemented to the pillar, and the fact(in your words) that "there is no way a child could of mixed a bag of it" Well sir. Their are over 50 types of pre-made bag's of cement that says on the front in bold letters "Just Add Water". For you to say a child can't mix cement is just...ignorant. I respect your authority here but I don't respect your comment's. Why couldn't a child who was being dragged to daycare by a mother and a worker of that area, placed his toy down on a pillar that was just made? The OP's picture doesn't show the robots legs submerged in it as if it was forcefully submerged, it shows it placed ONTOP of it hence why you can still see the robots feet.. Suggesting the pillar the robot was placed on was wet cement to begin with, or in contract terms, it was just poured.. I'm not arguing that this is more then an over drastic reaction being it was.. I am arguing the fact that it could of been placed by a child up to 8 hours after the pillar was poured and still could of "cemented" itself by it's own weight.

I'm still unclear about this as we ALL are. Who called this in? What did they say to the 911 receptionist? "I found a cemented robot! It said it wanted to kill me! I THINK ITS A BOMB" Yeah, I think that's the only way this could of got that much attention.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Just exactly where do you get the idea that simply because the object appears to be a toy on the outside, it cannot contain explosives on the inside. Its has been done before in history:

Customary international humanitarian law: rules, Volume 1
43. Germany’s IHL Manual states that:

International humanitarian law prohibits the use of a number of means of warfare which are of a nature to violate the principle of humanity and to cause unnecessary suffering, e.g…. explosive traps, when used in the form of an apparently harmless portable object, e.g. disguised as children’s toys. 43

Afghanistan under the Soviets: five years - includes other related articles – transcript

For some time, Soviet planes were dropping antipersonnel mines disguised as toys, watches, and other objects that Afghan children or refugees would pick up. These mines were designed to maim rather than kill.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
you have to understand, people working for TSA and HLS need to feel special. in order to do that there have to be situations where our eyes are on them so that they can feel bad ass. however, should a scenario arise where they are truly needed and there is a slim possibility of bodily harm, they coward and hide and wait for the situation to be over. then they start pointing the finger. same goes for our military.

Yeah, but in either case thay can always go back to flipping burgers.

Tha TSA Agents have nonetheless acquired additional skills to put on their resume...like crotch grabbing and breast manipulation.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join