It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Chances are good that some of ATS's knock off competitors and members with their own blogs will republish this and get it the attention it deserves.

As you yourself know, when you think about all the inner-city crime caused by drug dealers, muggers, robbers, burglars and other vandals, it's pretty amazing that a massive police effort is martialed to deal with a lost toy!

It's as if they want us to be unsafe and ignore the real dangers we face.

Great posts Jakes51!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmhaines
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

good training exercise, better than paying for the training directly.

Training for what though?

Blowing up yard gnomes? How to deal with tennis balls that got lobbed over the fence?

You actually have a better chance of hitting the lottery, then becoming a rock star, then becoming a movie star than you do being the victim of a violent terrorist attack.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've just destroyed my childs weapon of mass hysteria in case it blows up inadvertantly. The kid was so outraged I destroyed his dangerous toy he went on a rampage in our street breaking neighbours windows and shooting the local cats with a BB gun. As I tried to stop him the police arrived and I was trying to explain he's had gone into this uncontrollable frenzy as a result of the bomb I had confiscated and dismantled. Immediatly I was pounced upon cuffed and bundled into a now waiting police van. Three helicopters roved overhead and the street filled with no less than 14 armed defenders went house to house emptying the street. By now the TV crews had arrived and 'live' coverage interupted the local programming as people watched at what unfolded in their city. Bomb disposal experts eventually arrived and after an hour of watching to see that is wasn't smoking or making any noises, they inched into the back yard toward the offending dismembered white object to discover it was indeed as hollow as this story is.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

You my brave friend are a true American a Patriot and a hero. Generations from now your name will be spoken on the lips of every school child as they learn the history of the brave men and women who recognized the true threat of the terrorist scourge and met it unflichingly and proudly head on and head long!

I think we can all sleep a bit better tonight knowing that you have rid the danger of the toy's you once so foolishly brought into your house.

Thank heavens no one got blown up!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I live in Albuquerque and just today we had a "bomb" scare at the local IRS. Turns out someone left a briefcase in their car and someone reported it. It took 8 squad cars, 5 ambulances, 2 firetrucks and 2 bomb squad units to figure out that it was just papers and files. They blocked off traffic for a major avenue and 2 back streets. I bet the whole incident cost the city 5 million in resources.

This new wave of fear is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can hardly believe that this really happened!?! My friend you have uncovered a story that would be very funny if it were not so disturbing.

Here is one of the comments on the newspaper's site.

OFU wrote
id any of you clowns who are slamming DPD about this read the article? Especially the part that said the toy was CEMENTED to the pillar. A pillar supporting the footbridge where pedestrians walk??? It's a big joke, right? Until the cops don't respond and someone dies as a result. How about we blame the person who thought this was a cute joke? Oh, that's right. That would entail personal responsibility Read more: Toy robot detours traffic near Coors Field - The Denver Post www.denverpost.com... Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: www.denverpost.com...

Really?

Some teenagers little prank got turned into a circus that glaringly display how ridiculous the once brave USA has become.

Welcome to the frigging monkey house!

Good find...I think.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That thing scares the pants off me! Now intelligence sources say the next big thing to bring terror to western society is gonna be "Jihad Barbie", along with "Strip Search Me Barbie" and....."Taser Me Silly Barbie". Aaahhh....I'm moving to Tasmania!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
I live in Albuquerque and just today we had a "bomb" scare at the local IRS. Turns out someone left a briefcase in their car and someone reported it. It took 8 squad cars, 5 ambulances, 2 firetrucks and 2 bomb squad units to figure out that it was just papers and files. They blocked off traffic for a major avenue and 2 back streets. I bet the whole incident cost the city 5 million in resources.

This new wave of fear is ridiculous.

Can you imagine the poor person who left the briefcase in the car, to come back and find his car tore up, his briefcase ransacked, and probably treated like some kind of criminal?

Things are just not right!

Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Its amazing the people on the news media's blogs who are always trying to support justify and promote these things. I often wonder if they are paid or part of some vested security company.

I can't imagine American's are really this fearful, it's just not what our country has ever been about.

Thanks for the additional background.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe someone suggested this, but the entire city of Denver could use some robot decorations.

It's Christmas!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbriefed
Maybe someone suggested this, but the entire city of Denver could use some robot decorations.

It's Christmas!

Oh boy, can you imagine them going around blowing up all the snow men, manger scenes, santa figures, menorahs, and Virgin Mary and Jesus figures.

Makes you wonder the logic these people employ and the lack of respect for our own intelligence.

There are only about a sextillion places that bombs could be secreted in, in public places.

Too funny!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There gotta be a song in there somewhere.

A Blues Lament....

or a Zappaesque surreal flight of fancy

or perhaps Zep might come out of retirement for such inspiration.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Actually this is a Sammy Hagar and Montrose song all the way!

Of course it's very reminiscent of the Styx "Kilroy Was Here" Tour and Album.

I'm Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy!

Ah the good old days, back then if we would have seen this going down on the streets of Hollywood we would have expected to see Chevy Chase, or Steve Martin or Richard Prior shooting a comedy movie.

Last one out grab the flag.

Thanks for joining in my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think I am going to go to the mall tomorrow!
I Hope my son doesn't accidentally leave anything behind.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Just more government fear mongering. It's all about making you think you need these blood suckers! They want to play like your big daddy there to protect you from Terrorism that they are behind. 911 was an inside job, everybody knows that now!

Tell everybody you know that OUR government LET the xmas day underwear bomber on the plane so they could put their hands in your pants! Alex Jones just broke the story that the US government threatened TruTV to NOT show Jesse Ventura's about the FEMA Camps. They are not allowed to EVER show it again and they took it off the website. That's the piece of garbage police state that the US has become.

If you want to see the Jesse Ventura special that the Us Government banned you can google "Jesse Ventura Fema Camps" and still see it. Better get the truth before the Government takes it down!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thanks my friend, I am glad you got a chuckle out of it.

I definately believe you are right, and very astute and wise to point out the rash of 'incident' reportings that are plagueing the news broadcasts as being a way to convince Americans that the War on Terror is becoming more of a threat to them, so that they will keep going along with these insane intrusions and to keep letting them keep building up the security industrial complex at our expense.

Which amazingly is just going to be used on us, when they can't turn this economy around.

The rich keep getting richer, and we keep getting poorer and more enslaved.

No wonder they want us all afraid.

Great post my friend.

Why thank you very much! After all, it's good to look at the big picture now and again.

Exactly! You know what's up Proto.
And, yes, I am getting chuckles from your posts.

The PTB want to establish a seamless world system, one replete with the blood of ordinary folk. Now that's just messed up.

This "war on terrorism", which I understand began in the U.S.A. but I am not sure what set it off.

Subject: Enemy Combatants

"....Since September 11th (and perhaps before then), we have been at war – both legally and in fact."

The above quote is a memo from William Haynes the 2nd, General Counsel of the Dept. of Defense (in 12-12-'02)
to members of the ASIL-CFR roundtable. So we are in a state of war. Further, at the link you will find a detailed analysis of what "enemy combatant" as well as "enemy non-combatant" is defined as according to Quirin, 317 U.S. at 37-38.

“Enemy combatant” is a general category that subsumes two sub-categories: lawful and unlawful combatants. See Quirin, 317 U.S. at 37-38."
www.cfr.org...

Okay so now here are a couple of definitions of 'terrorist'...

(n) terrorist (a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities)

wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

The definition of terrorism has proved controversial. Various legal systems and government agencies use different definitions of terrorism in their national legislation. Moreover, the International community has been slow to formulate a universally agreed, legally binding definition of this crime. These difficulties arise from the fact that the term "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged.[19] In this regard, Angus Martyn, briefing the Australian Parliament, stated that "The international community has never succeeded in developing an accepted comprehensive definition of terrorism. During the 1970s and 1980s, the United Nations attempts to define the term floundered mainly due to differences of opinion between various members about the use of violence in the context of conflicts over national liberation and self-determination."

More here...
en.wikipedia.org...

Zoyx! I don't remember ever seeing such an extensive "see also" list at the bottom of a wiki than the one on terrorism.

So really we're at war against enemy combatant toy robots? Is the robot in your OP a Chinese terrorist?

Can you tell me if these are the guys that are in charge of the robot operation?

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah taxpayers are payin to build up the security industrial complex, is that what you're sayin? While the rich hoard hoard hoard. Where do they think they're going with all the loot?

As far as wanting to keep us afraid...bullseye.. That gets me thinkin about emotions and psyops. Could this war on terriorism be better defined as psychological warfare?

A seriously concerned citizen,

edit on 3-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I boo-boo-ed.

edit on 3-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I boo-boo-ed again.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have this robot for my kid. It has a remote control and buttons that can be pushed to make the robot speak. One phrase it say's is I will destroy you. Is that what caused this mess? No. Because this was just a DRILL incase terrorists infuse bombs with toy's. Use some common sense people. Jeez.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I think I am going to go to the mall tomorrow!
I Hope my son doesn't accidentally leave anything behind.

Well please let us know by chance if he accidently does. With Christmas coming up, I am sure we could all use a little extra cash, and while the entire police force is dealing with his lost toy, we can rob the nearest bank!

The best thing to ever happen to real criminals is Homeland Security!

Thanks for posting, and keep us posted would ya?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

No, what caused this mess is that someone cemented it to the pillar. If it had just been set there like some child forgot it, it wouldn’t have been a big deal.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

I agree it's all been a scam to keep us confused, frightened, supporting wars for resources, and looking the other way while the corporate titans loot the treasury and enslave us to fear and debt.

They must be laughing their hind ends off that people are actually afraid of a kid's toy robot.

Thanks for posting my friend.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join