It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

The American security industry with folks from the military industrial complex and their corrupted poltical henchmen are pressuring the EU to implement the same new "anti terra" laws which makes it possible for them to sell their security concepts and equipment over here as well.

What's amazing is half of these security companies aren't even American. My sister works for one of the biggest in their D.C. (Viriginia) office, but it's a Scottish company. Their contracts are huge and range from Homeland Security to local municipalities all over the States. Many other companies are Israeli, and like trading cards, they are always being bought up and gobbled by other big companies.

It really is just the Corporate Governments empowering and funding themselves towards complete control over the masses with technology and selling us the fear to support it and want it.

It's truly insane.

Great post as always my friend.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Fear, paranoia, terror, terror, terror!

Typical.

If you ask me.

We're such a heightened state of fear due to terrorism and "terrorist events" right now.

T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished

This is for just one purpose.

To keep the oblivious citizens running around scurrying in fear like rats in a maze.

When we're stuck in a maze there is but one thing to do.

Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eea3a0b74e16.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Change can be a blessing or a curse, depending on your perspective.

The message of Who Moved My Cheese? is that all can come to see it as a blessing, if they understand the nature of cheese and the role it plays in their lives.

Who Moved My Cheese? is a parable that takes place in a maze.

Four beings live in that maze:

Sniff and Scurry are mice--nonanalytical and nonjudgmental, they just want cheese and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

Hem and Haw are "littlepeople," mouse-size humans who have an entirely different relationship with cheese.

It's not just sustenance to them; it's their self-image.

Their lives and belief systems are built around the cheese they've found.

Most of us reading the story will see the cheese as something related to our livelihoods--our jobs, our career paths, the industries we work in--although it can stand for anything, from health to relationships.

The point of the story is that we have to be alert to changes in the cheese, and be prepared to go running off in search of new sources of cheese when the cheese we have runs out.

Dr. Johnson, coauthor of The One Minute Manager and many other books, presents this parable to business, church groups, schools, military organizations--anyplace where you find people who may fear or resist change.

And although more analytical and skeptical readers may find the tale a little too simplistic, its beauty is that it sums up all natural history in just 94 pages:

Things change.

They always have changed and always will change.

And while there's no single way to deal with change, the consequence of pretending change won't happen is always the same:

The cheese runs out. --Lou Schuler

Find the cheese.

In this case the "cheese" is the money-trail left open draining our currency through the Treasury.

Are you "Hem and Haw", or are you "Sniff and Scurry", figuring out ahead of time where the "cheese" moved to?

Fear is your enemy, the "cheese" is the prize, and your allies are all around you.

The Science of Fear: Why We Fear the Things We Shouldn't--and Put Ourselves in Greater Danger

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94f1880c5ece.jpg[/atsimg]

Publishers Weekly : Amazon Review :

Gardner, a columnist and senior writer for the Ottawa Citizen, is both matter-of-fact and entertaining in this look at fear and how it shapes our lives.

Although we are capable of reason, says Gardner, we often rely instead on intuitive snap judgments.

We also assume instinctively, but incorrectly, that if examples of something can be recalled easily, that thing must be common.

And what is more memorable than headlines and news programs blaring horrible crimes and diseases, plane crashes and terrorist attacks?

In fact, such events are rare, but their media omnipresence activates a gut-level fear response that is out of proportion to the likelihood of our going through such an event.

It doesn't help that scientific data and statistics are often misunderstood and misused and that our risk assessment is influenced less by the facts than by how others respond.

Gardner's vivid, direct style, backed up by clear examples and solid data from science and psychology, brings a breath of fresh air and common sense to an emotional topic.

(June) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc.

All rights reserved.

And we all know who feed us our daily doses of fear, right?

Towers of Deception: The Media Cover-up of 9/11

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ed3308d8355.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

A dozen carefully researched books have exposed the official story of 9/11 to be a terror fraud.

Yet the mainstream media have monolithically failed to ask elementary questions about anomalies in this story.

So-called alternative media have been little better.

Towers of Deception explains why and prescribes actions to break out the truth.

Authored by a lifelong journalist who was for thirty-five years a media critic, Towers of Deception provides twenty-six “exhibits” of evidence proving “beyond a reasonable doubt” that 9/11 was an inside job.

It then presents case histories of de facto censorship by mainstream media and examines the psychological phenomenon of denial.

“False flag” operations and psychological warfare are dealt with in detail, as is the “invisible government”—the powers pulling strings behind the scenes.

Following a profile of Dr. David Ray Griffin as an authentic prophet of the 9/11 truth movement, Towers of Deception urges people to speak truth to power and challenge all media.

Interspersed with photographs, diary entries, and inspiring profiles of those who see 9/11 truth as the Achilles’ heel of the neocon agenda, Towers of Deception includes a professional-quality DVD produced by the author:

The Great Conspiracy: The 9/11 News Special You Never Saw.

Remember, the "terrorist's, are the only ones you have to fear...

Right?

Not exactly.
edit on 12/4/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Insight and Depth Into the Post.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So how do you think these sorts of situations should be handled?

Walk right up to it and kick it. If it doesnt blow then start taking it apart?

OP you are rediculous. I bet if it turned out the other way and it blew someone up you would be screaming "where are the police and bomb squad?"

Apparently to you it is damned if you do damned if you don't.

What you do not understand is you are playing a very serious game of "what if?" with people's lives. What would you rather have? A situation like this where the proper steps are taken, a few people are inconvenienced and it turns out to be a toy? Or would you rather have the situation where its not taken seriously and someone loses their life?

If you try to tell me there are no crazies out there that would make a bomb to look like a toy and set it off you are mistaken. If you try to tell me you can not make a bomb that small that can kill you are also gravely mistaken.

It does happen. Whether you live a sheltered life and never see or hear about it is your problem. Do you think the police department likes spending so much money on bomb technicians and their equipment? Im sure that money could be used for other things but it is spent on bomb technicians and their equipment because you have to be ready for any inevitability.

Keep in mind that it was probably called in by another citizen as a suspicious package or condition or something. So not everyone in the world thinks like you do. This is how it works someone calls in something suspicious, the proper steps are taken and everyone goes home safely. There are cases where the bomb squad has responded and actually found a bomb.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

There is another good book at amazon.com called....While America Sleeps.

Check it out.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

Maybe let a bomb sniffing dog take a sniff before shutting down the entire area?

What you do not understand is you are playing a very serious game of "what if?" with people's lives. What would you rather have? A situation like this where the proper steps are taken, a few people are inconvenienced and it turns out to be a toy? Or would you rather have the situation where its not taken seriously and someone loses their life?
How about just a little common sense instead of the chicken little fear mongering? Like I said, a quick check with the dog, and then maybe, just maybe they use those backscatter xrays they love so much in a situation like this?

If you try to tell me there are no crazies out there that would make a bomb to look like a toy and set it off you are mistaken. If you try to tell me you can not make a bomb that small that can kill you are also gravely mistaken.
I know that they could make something like that. However, I am sure that real terrorists could find a much better place to put it. How about the middle of central park where kids could find it and start playing with it? I can think of many other more effective places to put something like that.

Keep in mind that it was probably called in by another citizen as a suspicious package or condition or something. So not everyone in the world thinks like you do. This is how it works someone calls in something suspicious, the proper steps are taken and everyone goes home safely. There are cases where the bomb squad has responded and actually found a bomb.
Yes, another citizen whipped into a fear induced frenzy just begging to surrender their freedom for the illusion of safety.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

There is another good book at amazon.com called....While America Sleeps.

Check it out.

In my Shopping Cart now.

American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/586cc4511203.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Some have said that the events of September 11 took every American by surprise.

That's not true.

There were Cassandras among us warning about the dangers of Islamic terrorism--and one of their leaders was Steven Emerson, who must be ranked among the most fearless reporters in the world.

As a self-made expert on Islamic terrorism, he has invited the hatred of violent murderers.

(At least one group has marked him for assassination; he was offered enrollment in the federal witness protection program, but refused).

For more than 10 years, Emerson has soldiered on, studying groups that operate in the United States for the express purpose of funding and managing deadly organizations.

American Jihad summarizes what he has learned, and it isn't comforting.

Emerson shows how the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas has grown an extensive network in the United States, how the group Islamic Jihad set up shop at the University of South Florida, and how an Islamic center in Tucson helped recruit two of Osama bin Laden's top deputies.

He also provides circumstantial evidence that bin Laden himself once applied for an American visa--"even the possibility is tantalizing, and chilling," he concludes.

He urges Americans to fight back, but worries that time is short:

"We are still vulnerable."

This is an important book, and a sobering one. --John Miller

And I raise you one.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

Lost and Found!

I stopped playing with kids toys when I was a kid, but hey if you really want to play with the Robot try to respect it doesn't belong to you!

OP you are rediculous. I bet if it turned out the other way and it blew someone up you would be screaming "where are the police and bomb squad?"

Dude it didn't blow anyone up. It's a kid's toy!

Brother who told you there were any gaurantees in life, the day I need the government to assess the danger of a child's toy is the day I pretty much hope lightening strikes me dead!

Find me one example please, source!

It's a kids toy, repeat it's a child's toy, there was no bomb.

does happen. Whether you live a sheltered life and never see or hear about it is your problem. Do you think the police department likes spending so much money on bomb technicians and their equipment? Im sure that money could be used for other things but it is spent on bomb technicians and their equipment because you have to be ready for any inevitability.

No it doesn't and it seems to me the one contingency they didn't plan for is the one that they needed...it's called a...

TOY BOX

You might want to get a puppy!

edit on 4/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
all this arguing may get one anger enough and make that stupid toy bomb ><
people need to calm the f down and start pointing finger at the Gov who has served us fear for so long, and still doing so as you can see.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They can deem the toy robot a terrorist close a large area down and blowup a toy with shear intense united states patriotic standup and take care of us citizens actions. Yet they cannot close down the terrorist sleeper cells with shear intense united states patriotic standup and take care of us citizens actions. Nor can they take care of our failing budget...peace to us we need it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Another terrific thread, sir. Thank you for sharing! I always enjoy your threads/posts. Your writing style is captivating and your level of detail is fascinating.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Thanks my friend, I appreciate the kind words. I have been concerned as of late with the expanding actions of the TSA and the rising level of fear, and have been wanting to do a thread on it for a while now.

This one pretty much sums up how I feel about the war on terror.

Thanks for joinging in!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Paranoia.........

The exact cause of paranoia is unknown. Potential causal factors may be genetics, neurological abnormalities, changes in brain chemistry, stress , and the fear of unfamilar tiny robotic plastic toys......

edit on 4-12-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

It seems to me this is what this is all about, instilling paranoia for the sake of control and profit.

It's a pretty pathetic way to rule the people, and no wonder they are resorting to it, with the corruption and corporate and special interest domination over the Government in Washington that has left it bankrupt in more ways than one.

Some how "Hope and Change" got turned into fear and surrender.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MITSwagger
reply to post by defcon5

All I have to say is.. What's stopping a child from carrying a half pound of plaster of paris and a 20oz bottle of water? The only argument here should be why is the 1 to 2inchs of cement under the robot's feet, so dark? As if it's still wet.. Could the color of it mean it's a different brand of mixing cement?

I already stated that toy's can be made into bomb's and have been, just as you did. I just find it highly odd that you suggested it was done by an adult. I too agree it could be used as a terrorist weapon of mass panic (obviously being that's what happened).. Or could it just be a tool used by a political party to show the strain of our so called Home Land Security measures?
edit on 4-12-2010 by MITSwagger because: S+F

It's hard to tell from the picture, but honestly the blackish base of the statue has all the tell tale signs of a suction cup and not cement. If I had to guess, I would say the only thing that was holding that to the base of the pilon was a suction cup.

If we had the exact model number and manufacturer of the toy we could find out if it had a suction cup base or not.

As usual with these stories, the details that they don't provide are sometimes more telling than the ones that they do.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's All about Conditioning the Public to Except the Idea of Outright Social Conditioning for the sake of Protecting us from a Mythical Terrorist Threat . The Sheeple will eventually Comply , but the rest of us will Fight Back ........

edit on 4-12-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Also I noticed down the street today a building FULL of

these terrorist devices " Toys R US " !

Yeah this is a real big problem, why every plastic toy in there could have been replaced with an exact duplicate full of explosives and left then on the shelves!

I hope Homeland Security is working on this problem?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I told Julian Assange not to wear the robot costume!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
These things can very quickly escalate. From just a little toy to...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Priceless! Very well told story, PT. Just the right amount of facetiousness to be playful and the right amount of sarcasm to make a point.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am most afraid of the institutionalized fear and ignorance. The system is paranoid and delusional. I would not go to coffee with someone like that, let alone be governed by such.

I stopped drinking the Kool Aid years ago. I don't let unintelligent systems navigate for me. I trust only my abilities to see clearly and objectively. Not any damed thing that is barfed out of the air waves.

The system is gone crazy. Listen to it with your critical mind, not your fear. You otherwise just feed the fire.

Imagine the similar low resolution intelligence that is controlling our systems of government and military. THAT is SCARY!

ZG
edit on 12/4/2010 by ZeroGhost because: Spell issues Yea, I'm slightly OCD, so what?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Proto - I just couldn't agree more, nor express better, your analysis of this.

And thisguyrighthere's first reply tends to smack one in the face also.

Cheers, for spotlighting this absurd theatre.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join