It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Robot that Brought Denver to it's Knees!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Weren't they supposed to search the robot's crotch first?

?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MITSwagger
Now about the robot being cemented to the pillar, and the fact(in your words) that "there is no way a child could of mixed a bag of it" Well sir. Their are over 50 types of pre-made bag's of cement that says on the front in bold letters "Just Add Water".

So children are now carrying around 60 to 80 lb bags of cement mix just to cement one of their toys to a pillar for no good apparent reason? You ever buy or carry cement? You have any idea of its weight?

Why couldn't a child who was being dragged to daycare by a mother and a worker of that area, placed his toy down on a pillar that was just made? The OP's picture doesn't show the robots legs submerged in it as if it was forcefully submerged, it shows it placed ONTOP of it hence why you can still see the robots feet..

Look at that image again:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f1a41d1c504.jpg[/atsimg]
There appears to be a flat disk about an inch or two thick of cement that this toy is sticking out of.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Paranoia.........

The exact cause of paranoia is unknown. Potential causal factors may be genetics, neurological abnormalities, changes in brain chemistry, stress , and the fear of unfamilar tiny robotic plastic toys......

edit on 4-12-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

All I have to say is.. What's stopping a child from carrying a half pound of plaster of paris and a 20oz bottle of water? The only argument here should be why is the 1 to 2inchs of cement under the robot's feet, so dark? As if it's still wet.. Could the color of it mean it's a different brand of mixing cement?

I already stated that toy's can be made into bomb's and have been, just as you did. I just find it highly odd that you suggested it was done by an adult. I too agree it could be used as a terrorist weapon of mass panic (obviously being that's what happened).. Or could it just be a tool used by a political party to show the strain of our so called Home Land Security measures?
edit on 4-12-2010 by MITSwagger because: S+F

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i would have just used a dab of gorilla glue and that would have bonded it up tight, no water needed...lol

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I hope you all realise that evil plastic robots ,

are made with the same stuff , plastic explosives are made from ....

PLASTIC !!!!!!!!

Good job Homeland twits

Also I noticed down the street today a building FULL of

these terrorist devices " Toys R US " !

It had a lot of smiling assassin children inside too !

.... someone tell the cops !

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

The point is that it was suspicious which is why they handled it the way they did. It was not simply some random toy that was just accidentally left laying around as the OP hinted at by leaving out the vital bit of information about it being cemented in place.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by MITSwagger

The point is that it was suspicious which is why they handled it the way they did. It was not simply some random toy that was just accidentally left laying around as the OP hinted at by leaving out the vital bit of information about it being cemented in place.

Thank you.
2ND.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Why did you leave out of your narrative that the toy was cemented to the support column of a footbridge? I would say it's genuinely suspicious that the toy was cemented down. So, traffic got delayed a little. No one's constitutional rights were infringed, no naked body scans. This seems harmless.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
In all fairness to law enforcement, their paranoia and suspicions were justified. The Coyote from the Road Runner cartoons has been the victim of exploding toys many times, with disastrous consequences.

Be very careful of toy robots made by Acme Corporation. They have a habit of exploding.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Why did you leave out of your narrative that the toy was cemented to the support column of a footbridge? I would say it's genuinely suspicious that the toy was cemented down. So, traffic got delayed a little. No one's constitutional rights were infringed, no naked body scans. This seems harmless.

I just want to point out that the robot was on a cemented crash barrier that is separate from the footbridge column..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I can see it all now....

Groups of crazed terrorists gluing unusual objects to odd places bringing bringing the country to a standstill.

Perhaps that was a false flag toy robot.

edit on 4-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I live in denver and let me tell you that was the most funniest thing i ever heard kind of reminds me of the boston fiasco with the aqua teen hunger force people
edit on 4-12-2010 by ajniss because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

this is one of the most hilariously, beautiful things i have ever read...thanks for the laughs. S&F!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

I just want to point out that the robot was on a cemented crash barrier that is separate from the footbridge column..

I just wanted to point out that you're wrong.

Denver Police Spokesman Matt Murray said that a citizen called police at 3:27 p.m. to report the presence of the plastic white toy robot cemented to the base of a pillar supporting a footbridge near the intersection of 20th and Wazee streets. Police closed 20th Street between Blake Street and Chestnut Place, but did let a few people past the police tape to retreive cars parked in nearby lots. Nobody was allowed within about 100 yards of the robot.

Source Article

edit on 4-12-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Um...that... was effin awesome..emphasis on effin and awesome. needless to say... star and flag

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

my thoughts exactly

edit on 4-12-2010 by aliengenes because: bloop

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Talk about over-reaction! This is something I'm noticing more & more about law enforcement.

The World is going completely barking mad!

S+F for the best post I've read so far on ATS by a mile ProtoplasmicTraveler. A pure joy to read! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

S&F great thread,
I had to laugh, because you are so right. I believe it is possible that the whole thing could have been set up by the Denver police, just so they can put on this show. The reason for the show was to show Americans that our police and swat officers are ready for those radical Arabs who are believed to be lurking behind every bush. It is in my opinion, to keep Americans scared and that Home Land Security is spending your tax dollar keeping our country safe.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

The sad thing is that there was probably some 8 year old kid who left it there watching the six o'clock news that night, saying "Mommie, Mommie they blew up my robot!"
Whats even sadder is that if that kid came forward & said, "Assholes! I want another robot!" they'd find themselves in deep doodoo.
Even sadder still is that there are ATSers who would gladly see that kid waterboarded until they confessed to being the love child of Osama Bin Laden & Minnie The Moucher, the mastermind behind an Iranian/Chinese plot, involving N Korean agents, living in & financed by Venezuala, to take over the world (muahahaha!) 1 toy shop @a time.
Beyond sad is that, when other ATSers posted "This is so wrong.", some would reply, "You goddamn liberals make me sick! The world aint a nice place. We gotta do what we gotta do goddammit! Heck, I just wish I could do it myself! But er... er... er, you know, Goddammit I WOULD do it myself!!!! I seen people I never knew jump out of a burning building on TV on 9/11! It dont matter squat that ifn I'd ever met em I'd have been an asshole to em, same as I am to anyone else I dont know, they died GODDAMMIT! I'm pissed. I dunno why. Everytime I do anything to feel better, I feel worse! Its you damn progressive liberals fault. Why cant you see its right to do anything to anyone cuz everyone knows the only way to feel better is to make others feel worse! GODDAMMIT!"
Ok, so the last bit contains a level of self-awareness & honesty that wouldn't be found overtly in such a post, but I hope that, by standing on the shoulders of a giant of an OP, this bit of satire may do some good.

S&F my friend.
edit on 4/12/10 by Bunken Drum because: Kin bold tag

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join