It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange answers your questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Julian Assange answers your questions

www.guardian.co.uk

The founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, will be live online from 1pm today to answer readers' questions about the release of more than 250,000 US diplomatic cables.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://unplugged.rcrwireless.com/index.php/20101203/news/5634/wikileaks-madness-continues-as-guardian-hosts-live-qa/]unplugged.rcrwireless.com[ /url]

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I was recently browsing on Google.com, then I came across this live Q&A with Julian Assange on guardian.co.uk. I don't know if it's newsworthy or even worth posting, but I thought it would interesting. I find all this a little bit suspicious, but the interview seems informative; after all it is from Mr. Assange's perspective. The interview is live as we speak, so go check it out!

Note: I do apologize if old.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
firstly doubt it'll actually be him... secondly wonder if we should bombard the person about being a psyop

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Are you indicating a deception?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacebound

This isn't old, it's new: "Posted on Friday 3 December 2010 13.45 GMT"

Someone else pointed out in another thread his answer to the UFO question. He basically said that those cables about UFOs will be published, although he did not indicate when.

I hope it's soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yes very interesting he did touch on the topic of ufo''s during his interview.

Mr Assange,have there ever been documents forwarded to you which deal with the topic of UFOs or extraterrestrials?
Julian Assange:
Many weirdos email us about UFOs or how they discovered that they were the anti-christ whilst talking with their ex-wife at a garden party over a pot-plant. However, as yet they have not satisfied two of our publishing rules.
1) that the documents not be self-authored;
2) that they be original.
However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Someone else pointed out in another thread his answer to the UFO question. He basically said that those cables about UFOs will be published, although he did not indicate when.

I hope it's soon.
Doh! ...and the date was shown too.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

I hope it's soon.
Doh! ...and the date was shown too.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ok, but he does say
"However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs."

we gotta get those cables! lol

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I liked this question or more specifically how he refused to answer or even acknowledge it.

JAnthony

Julian.

I am a former British diplomat. In the course of my former duties I helped to coordinate multilateral action against a brutal regime in the Balkans, impose sanctions on a renegade state threatening ethnic cleansing, and negotiate a debt relief programme for an impoverished nation. None of this would have been possible without the security and secrecy of diplomatic correspondence, and the protection of that correspondence from publication under the laws of the UK and many other liberal and democratic states. An embassy which cannot securely offer advice or pass messages back to London is an embassy which cannot operate. Diplomacy cannot operate without discretion and the protection of sources. This applies to the UK and the UN as much as the US.

In publishing this massive volume of correspondence, Wikileaks is not highlighting specific cases of wrongdoing but undermining the entire process of diplomacy. If you can publish US cables then you can publish UK telegrams and UN emails.

My question to you is: why should we not hold you personally responsible when next an international crisis goes unresolved because diplomats cannot function.

Julian Assange:
If you trim the vast editorial letter to the singular question actually asked, I would be happy to give it my attention.

Hmm...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Ok, but he does say
"However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs."

we gotta get those cables! lol
We need to see those cables.

new topics

top topics

join