It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Light in your soul is God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Study philosophy, metaphysics, and spirituality (i.e. Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Bhagavad Gita, Plotinus...) long enough and you will discover the Light within your soul.

The light in your soul/heart is the mental observation of the hidden truth, the Supreme God, which is the Principle of All Things. This light can only be revealed through contemplation of philosophical and metaphysical principles. It's substance is Eternal, meaning beyond the frame work of time and space, and so can only be discovered ontologically, through a metaphysical/metapsychological rationale towards the highest principle.

Many examples are laid out in history, such as the Upanishads which states:

"The Self, pure awareness, shines as the light
within the heart, surrounded by the senses,
Only seeming to think, seeming to move, the
Self neither sleeps nor wakes nor dreams."

My own humble attempt at describing it is as such:

The supreme principle of life is beyond the universe because it is eternal, whereas the universe proceeds from past to present to future. The principle can only be described in human terms, and just as with a human, if he had everything he could possibly need to be happy, with nothing whatsoever missing from it, he would be very content and joyous. In the same way, the supreme principle has everything, is the law of everything, and so it is supremely happy. This principle can not be obtained except through realization. An imperfect being can not become perfect, an imperfect being can only realize that they are perfect. The activity of this supreme principle creates the entire universe, and so everything is a part of this principle. So it is possible to realize this principle within ourselves since we are not separate from it.

And it is revealed as a bright, flashing light that emanates from the heart.

It is beyond imagination since it resides in the soul and not just in the mind. It is also revealed as opposed to mental objects which are thought or recalled.
It is beyond physical light because it exists as the true self beyond matter.

Study metaphysics, meditate, and you too will discover the immortal light in your heart. You will forever break free of the delusion that your true self is nothing but the body, bound for the grave.

Om.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Where is the soul located in the human body and where can we find this light? Are you saying that the heart is the soul? If so, then where is the light within this heart?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is the best description/explanation of the True Self, that I have read so far. I believe people get caught up in this world, and they forget what is truly important. I feel that I know myself, my true self, but I, for some reason, do not feel completed. I feel that I am perfect, as me, and that there is no one else, just ALL, but here, it doesn't feel like it's enough.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Where is the soul located in the human body and where can we find this light? Are you saying that the heart is the soul? If so, then where is the light within this heart?

Somebody needs to read up on the concept of metaphors.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Somebody needs to read up on the concept of metaphors.

pffff....

Relegion is a metaphor.. relegion is short story retold a million times, and behold the man can walk on water.

Relegion is the starter of wars and the virus of false hope

Relegion is somehing for those affraid and must belive in a greater power

Im not saying I dont belive in "a soul" but I guess only time will tell, when my body dies.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The soul, being immaterial, does not reside in the body. The light is found in the soul, when the mind is freed of duality. When the mind transcends the duality of life, the light within the soul will shine out onto the mind. You can feel it as though it was coming from your heart.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
I dont belive in "a soul" but I guess only time will tell, when my body dies.

You don't need to wait until you die. The light within the soul can be accessed while alive. I have done it, and if you read any of the ancient metaphysics i.e. Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Buddhism, you too can access this light before you die.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The light in your soul is God

Knowledge and wisdom to achieve from it?. Have faith. Truth can be known because of it. HAve a cleansed soul.

Do you pray often philosophia? Don't ask the cosmos, ask God!

congratulations

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Lemme take a guess...the darkness is Satan!

Love these posts.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I wish I could flag you more than once. God is in us all. God encompasses everything in creation. If you want to see the face of God, simply look at the unbounded love between a mother and her newborn baby. I will never confess to knowing or understanding what God truly is, as I do not consider myself enlighted, but I know, in my own heart, which direction to look.
Conversely, I think I know in which direction to find evil. The devil lays dormant within us all. Greed, hatred, intollerance are the evils that manifest the devil within us all. The devil is not, in my opinion, a being to contend with. It is the evil within us.

edit on 7/12/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Spellin, as usual. I should have been a doctor.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The light in each and everyone of us is the internal positive energy of our spirit. All religions are of this. Mind, Heart & Soul of all people of all nations and tongues!

When we have anything that effects our internal self like drugs and alcohol our thoughts are clouded.

Man-made drugs are fine if they are to support the life of the individual!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
We understand eachother. JEsus once called God Abba.. Abba, Father & God.

Fear of God is the crown of wisdom.
Let us pray.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Please, may I ask why you think you should fear God? Love God and respect God. Acknowedge God for what God is. However, please, why fear God?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The light pervades all thing's inside and out, it is pure consciousness.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

And therein does God abode. Well said.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I think it means to be in awe and wonder at the mystery, which exceeds any possible human understanding or conceptualization, and there surely needs to remain an appropriate I-Thou relationship with the Absolute, so that the Absolute may remain forever transcendant, for therein resides eternity. Abba, papa. It's still very intimate and familiar, not unlike a loving relationship betwee a parent and child but the relationship remains. Fear is probably the wrong word and may even be a mistranslation. It has something to do with a submission of self-will to a higher will to love, I believe.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Then, my friend, we believe in the same thing. I do not fear God. I am sure that, if God was to reason in the same way as us, and I think not, God would not want us to fear. I think that your reasoning on this is correct.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

3 questions answered clearly would give a clear answer to this question:

1) Is there a hell?

2) What is the nature of hell?

3) Why are people sent to hell?

Eternal separation from God would be top of the list of things to fear about God. If you know for sure that there is no hell there is no reason to fear God, is there? On the other hand it would be wise to err on the side of caution than to throw it all away because you are overconfident in what you think you know about spiritual things.
edit on 7-12-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I do not profess to know about spiritual things. Just because I believe does not mean that I know.

I do not believe in hell or eternal damnation. I do believe you reap what you sow. Do I believe in an afterlife? Yes I do, but not in the sense that is dipicted in the Bible.
I live my life the best way I can. I am mindful of others and, as best I can, of creation. I do believe in divine creation but my interpretation of God is not that of mainstrean Religion, although I respect the beliefs of others.
I see God as creation itself and the life that it brings. Love and kindness bring one closer to that and, hopefully, enlightenment.

If that is a bad way to live and if that will send me to hell, then I am doomed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Please, may I ask why you think you should fear God? Love God and respect God. Acknowedge God for what God is. However, please, why fear God?

Oooh! Oooh! Ask me! Ask me!

You should fear 'god' because as a fictional character, he is one of the most evil I've ever come across.
The following are from his own handbook:
Exodus
4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
4:25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.

In short, Moses' wife Zipporah, had to genitally mutilate her son to stop god killing Moses.

Kings
2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Killing 42 kids for calling someone 'baldy'!! What a lovely fella.

Kings
10:7 And it came to pass, when the letter came to them, that they took the king's sons, and slew seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent him them to Jezreel.
10:8 And there came a messenger, and told him, saying, They have brought the heads of the king's sons. And he said, Lay ye them in two heaps at the entering in of the gate until the morning. (10:8) "They have brought the heads of the king's sons. And he said, Lay ye them in two heaps at the entering in of the gate until the morning."
10:9 And it came to pass in the morning, that he went out, and stood, and said to all the people, Ye be righteous: behold, I conspired against my master, and slew him: but who slew all these? (10:9-10) "In the morning, that he went out ... and said ... the LORD hath done that which he spake by his servant Elijah."
10:10 Know now that there shall fall unto the earth nothing of the word of the LORD, which the LORD spake concerning the house of Ahab: for the LORD hath done that which he spake by his servant Elijah.
10:11 So Jehu slew all that remained of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, and all his great men, and his kinsfolks, and his priests, until he left him none remaining.

The evil of god knows no bounds here, slaying the whole house of Ahab, and most of Ahabs citizens on nothing more than a whim.

Lovely man your god is isn't he? I could find 1,000's of biblical quotes such as these, yet only 11 deaths attributable to satan... hmmm. Remind me who the evil one is again!

Thanks but I'll leave it if you don't mind. The most evil person in literary history and people decide to devote their lives to him. Astounding, truly astounding.

Thank god I'm an atheist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join