It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds tracking credit cards, store purchases without warrant: report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've been saying they were doing this for the last decade, but it's nice to see some evidence saying so. Great OP. I decided a while back the best way to stay off of the crazies lists is to continue using these financial instruments as everyone else but to be aware that every electronic transaction you make is viewed, tabulated or otherwise gathered for investigation, usually by computer algorithms. Not that I actually purchase stuff that would be unduly flagged anyways, but it's still good to be aware of what's going on.

Also, they view all your banking transactions. It's not just credit cards. So you must be particularly careful of extraordinary (in accounting terms) withdrawals or deposits, particularly cash deposits and atm withdrawals. This alerts red flags in the computer algorithms more quickly than anything else.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Everyone is tracking...even insurance companies to see if you are high risk. I caught this last night on evening news with diane sawyer. It's sickening. I think I have my computer adjusted so I cannot be tracked as much?? I would like to know what software they are talking about in the video..that lets you see who is tracking you in real time...anyone know? I have little snitch right now.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join