It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks forced offline!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Wikileaks forced offline!

www.bbc.co.uk

The website of whistle-blowing organization Wikileaks has been shut down by the company providing it with domain name services.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Basically the server that hosted Wikileaks for the site offline due to cyber attacks that they say could hurt their infrastructure. Im just wondering if these "attacks" are real or is someone forcing the domain to shut it down. I hope the bank releases still come out cause that will be fun!
There were also reports on here that Assange was captured but nothing has been mentioned anywhere about this. Does any one have any information on this?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well that certainly makes wikileaks that much more legit in my mind. If they have shut down this guy's site and he just so happened to be wanted for "rape" because a freaking condom broke while he was having consensual sex, I'd say he had some info that TPTB really don't want getting out.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Just WOW! In my opinion the public has the right to know about what's really going on by releasing the cables! Don't let the bad guys win!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Notice nobody really cared until the banks were threatend. Now its a world wide manhunt.

The truth shall set us free? ...oh those words were never more true.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
they can't censer everyone surely.... the documents will find a way out there's too much interest now..

surely...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Truth cannot be repressed forever. Sooner or later some very uncomfortable truths will come out of these cables and those who have tried to hide their evil actions will be brought to justice. It will happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

you underestimate the NWO/Illuminati. If they want Assange silenced and any info kept secret, they will find a way.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
wikileaks is working fine.

the truth shall be set free.

wikileaks.ch...

and

edit on 3-12-2010 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Electric Crown

Call it whatever you want but Wikileaks was the greatest thing that could have been available to the people. This just goes to prove that 1 free man and his willingness to make a statement by making a stand still rattles the government. This is a good thing in that aspect, and any one who cares about their own freedom should take this an example of what really scares big government: THE TRUTH GETTING OUT TO US THE LOWLY CITIZENS.

Any one who respects freedom should throw Julian a little bow of respect, for I fear he is about to be made a martyr for the people who want corruption to end.

Be prepared for some more personal rights of ours to be stripped away in the blink of an eye.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I guess this is the next step in the plan isolate Wikileaks from the General public so they only see what the selected media presents them with
and that reporting seems pretty biased to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
whats fishy is that they where under attack in sweden which has military loop holes in the net

most if not all traffic goes throu military channels and is monitored...

its just a public stunt , they could have changed the dns multiple times by now..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Julian Assange just needs to hire Bill Clinton to tell these people that he did not have sexual relations with those women. Then the website can go back up

edit on 3-12-2010 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I can't get onto wikileaks, looks like it is down

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
After a few attempts, I'm on wikileaks now

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
guys.. wikileaks is not down. through a little but of searching I've found the new location.

and please. no one hunt me down! lol.

Keep on the good fight guys!
edit on 3-12-2010 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
yeah it looks like they planned ahead with a bunch of mirrors!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

You sir..Summed my thoughts in just three rows..good one.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
According to The Guardian Julian Assange will be doing a Q and A session via The Guardian website from 1pm GMT (13:00 UTC) which means in a few minutes (as I post)

The Guardian says this depends of course on Assange getting internet access.

WikiLeaks cables: Live Q&A with Julian Assange

From the Link:

WikiLeaks cables: Live Q&A with Julian Assange

The founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, will be live online from 1pm today to answer readers' questions about the release of more than 250,000 US diplomatic cables

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is at the centre of intense media speculation and a hate campaign against him in America, following the leak of 250,000 US diplomatic cables.

He will be live online to answer Guardian readers' questions at 1pm today, subject to his access to an internet connection - which is very much a live issue. His online interview comes at the end of a week of shocking revelations from the cables and on a day when WikiLeaks has been fighting US attempts to take its website down.

Assange will answer your questions in the comments section below. From 1pm you will need to navigate to the latest comments for his replies.

More

This seems to scotch the rumours Assange has been captured.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Posted my reply on the original thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
with backup links to Wikileaks.

edit on 3-12-2010 by EFGuy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join