It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse 2012 - CBC documentary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There's a good documentary on CBC tonight about 2012 survivalists and entrepreneurs.

December 21, 2012 - disaster will strike the planet. The world, as we know it, will end. That is what many people, millions of web sites and international doomsday entrepreneurs predict. Written, produced and directed by award-winning documentarian Cynthia Banks, Apocalypse 2012 presents the leaders, chroniclers, debunkers and the businessmen of this wide-spread certainty of a global cataclysm.

Here's a trailer for it -

and some links:
www.cbc.ca...
www.torontosun.com...

"People are wise to mistrust "Marketing," but naive to think they'll be able to know it when they see it."
edit on 2-12-2010 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
As the time goes by, more and more predictions will come about a possible catastrophe that will start occurring on December 21, 2012. Just as the Maya's Calendar predicted to be the end of our times I also found a video on a website that explains more in detail of what happens in 2012 check it out

www.myv-links.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I wonder if that documentary will mention Dec 3, 2012 and how it mathematically mimics the Pyramids of Giza... Its only two years away... I strongly doubt it, because if word of this ever goes viral, people will totally shight themselves.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

Charles, I yahoo'd your key words and saw that you discovered a line-up of stars to the pyramids for dec. 3, 2012, but did not see anything more to make me freak out about it, can you give a little more info please? I recall there was the Great Cross line-up this past summer, but nothing catclysmic happened, so I am having some doubts that star crossings and line-up means cataclysms.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Hello SunnyDee,

I'm not saying it does, I'm just putting that out there for you to decide... meaning... If you get that free downloadable program and then do as suggested, you can make up your own mind. In 2011 if this hasn't been picked up by those who actually care about this alignment, I will post a video, that I'll pay to have done. However, right now I'm doing everything I can to not steal the... holy crap moment... from those who truly want to find out if it means anything at all.

Personally I believe the pyramids where built and aligned to mimic that Planetary Convergence to honor the Progression of the Equinox... There are many reasons why... mainly all the mathematics that mimics our planet regarding the physical measurements of the pyramids. And the fact that that convergence happens just 18 days before Dec 21, 2012...(BTW this Dec 21, exactly two years before "D" or Maya Day… there will be a full lunar eclipse that can be seen in the Northern Hemisphere.) Plus nowhere on our planet are there any monolithic structures that supposedly honor constellations... Plus many more reasons as to why I believe the Pyramids were built to honor that extremely rare convergence.

However, there are many serious questions that need to be answered if that planetary convergence actually equals what the math says it equals... Like, when did our time finally know for a fact Earth actually wobbles and then wobbles back... For you see, you can have many theories, but does anyone really believe that much time, effort and treasure was spent on a theory... OR... did they know for an absolute fact? Not only that, how could they've known the true cycle? We've had computer generated astronomy programs for thirty years and no one to my knowledge has discovered this very interesting match. How did they know???

Also, the possibility that they built those pyramids to warn future generations cannot be completely dismissed. I wish it could, but there is so much information regarding 2012 from all over the world, and from almost every single religion both active and extinct, that talk about this time frame... BTW, once mankind puts down our geocentric concept of time, the answer to how to pass a message forward becomes rather elementary. That is, if our solar system and our visual relation to it is a constant.

For now, if you really want to know you and everyone else will need to look for yourself. And then make up your own minds. Next year I will prove it, but for now I ask all to seek this truth on their own.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Care to expand more on this subject?
I find it interesting that it happens exactly 18 days before 21.12.2012, because some interpretation of some other calendar dated the evolution of life, each lasting 7 ''days'' and 6''nights'' and in his interpretation the final cycle(universal conciousness) consisted of 7 18-day ''days''. This could mean that the time between 03.12 and 21.12 is the final time of settling?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EluThingol

Hello EluThingol,

I’ll attempt to answer your question with this picture as our guide.

If we use simple mathematics and I ask you how many pyramids are in that picture… the quick answer is, 9. 3 + 3 + 3. However if I asked you how many six’s can you make, the answer changes to 3 + 3 = 6, 3 + 3 = 6, and 3 + 3 = 6, or 666... Does that give the answer for that 18 day separation? Is that the reason Paganist revere the numbers 666. Is that another code left for future generations? If we add all the mathematical properties from the measurements of the pyramids, both inside and out… to the planetary convergence of Dec 3, 2012, and what can been seen from the chambers inside the great pyramid... Could that answer your question, and help us solve the 2012 mystery? Look at that picture, and then compare that picture to December 3, 2012, one hour before sunrise in the free downloadable program Stellarium. And then move the date forward one day at a time until you reach Dec 21. If you know the theories surrounding the Pyramids, and then do as suggested, you are about to have one fantastic ride.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I'm blocked from watching the trailer. The opening image shows an Aztec symbol that has been altered by New Agers from a square design into a circular design. The mangled glyph is then claimed to be Mayan in origin. I think that tells me plenty about the video. It's about hoaxes.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

It's been a while since you found this discovery. It still seems to be in the "so what" state. There are bound to be all sorts of unrelated coincidences out there. To tie the pyramids to the positions of these planets seems to me should be more than toying around with a program. Have you found anything from Egyptian writings that suggest they tracked these planets and especially observed the relative positions of these planets?

I really don't see anything more than if I were reading an article about beer production and then heard someone call out for a Mr Pabst. It's just a coincidence and there are lots of meaningless coincidences to discover.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

well stereologist you saying that is so typical of a closed mind... question... can you find any documentation that proves the Egyptians built the pyramids at giza? seeing how they talked about everything else, including sexual positions and going to the bathroom... yet not one word about building those pyramids... well then hell according to your wisdom I guess those pyramids don't exist, seeing how they never talked about building them either.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

well then hell according to your wisdom I guess those pyramids don't exist,

You might want to look up what wisdom means. Your facetious commentary is a rather ludicrous attempt to feign arrogance.

Anyways, the teams of workers that built the pyramids did leave their names on the blocks as can be seen inside of the pyramids.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

well then hell according to your wisdom I guess those pyramids don't exist,

You might want to look up what wisdom means.

You mean like you did regarding the word stereologist? And you might want to look up the word facetious.

Your facetious commentary is a rather ludicrous attempt to feign arrogance.

Anyways, the teams of workers that built the pyramids did leave their names on the blocks as can be seen inside of the pyramids.

and the good news is you never feign ignorance, you're loaded with it! I guess the blue prints are on those bricks to? Oh that's right, this is the way you always play... You say stupid stuff and then deflect because your ignorance is legendary, not to mention you're so pathetic you use ATS to promote your own website...

btw sherlock, carving names into a brick doesn't explain how the pyramids where built. I can point you to all kinds of lore regarding Mercury, Venus, and Saturn. But then again, I'm sure that's nothing but a cawinkadink as well. Oh, and the last time that planetary convergence could've been seen from earth was over 27 thousand years ago... even though the last time it happened was over 13 thousand years ago… but the only place to view it back then… in its entirety… was from space. I wonder, are there any stories from Egypt that go back 13 thousand years ago? how about over 27 thousand years ago?

Oh and lastly, I know you've known about this discovery for some time, the question I have is, have you ever checked into it yourself? I know damn well you haven't, but just like old times, you prove yourself to be lazy and absolutely worthless to talk to.

--Charles Marcello
edit on 5-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Stay completely on the subject matter and resist the temptation to cast aspersions on each other.

In other words: Kick the ball, not the player's shins.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

can you find any documentation that proves the Egyptians built the pyramids at giza?

This is the original question. Now that I stated an answer to the question you have moved the goal posts. So what.

Inside the pyramids are statements from the work teams that built the pyramids. What might be called grafitti gives the names of the teams and the names refer to the pharoah.

It has been suggested that the "grafitti" was a modern hoax. There have been claims that the hieroglyphic writing was added in more recent times. That is impossible. The writing runs across the exposed face and continues on around the edge of the blocks and can be seen on faces of the blocks by looking down the cracks between the blocks.

As far as this coincidence of the planetary positions is concerned - so what! Who cares if it happened before or will again. And the fact that it was not visible from the Earth shows me that it is a meaningless coincidence. The fact that the construction of the pyramids is not 13,000 years old again reinforces the position that the planetary alignment is a meaningless coincidence.

I did read your post a while back about this coincidence. Have I bothered to "check into it?" No way. Why would I waste time on a non-issue? Everything you have posted about this coincidence simply reinforces that it is meaningless.
edit on 5-12-2010 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here's some YouTube links to the documentary -

Parts 4 and 5 are still being uploaded, I'll add them to the thread once they're up.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Can hardly wait for the rest.
I will read the rest of the threat later.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Really? …Really?

That was so not your original question, this was...

Have you found anything from Egyptian writings that suggest they tracked these planets and especially observed the relative positions of these planets?

I then asked is there any writing that tells us how the Egyptians built the pyramids at giza, and you completely ignored the question… because there is none, that is a fact... but then you brought up… “well they signed their names to the brick…” between both our posts, that is the only thing that equals a so what!!! I’ve personally signed my name more then once to cement…
I then asked, were the blue prints found next to those signatures... Anyone who has even a rudimentary understanding of the Pyramids of Giza knows damn well there is nothing that proves the Egyptians built those pyramids... there is only modern academia demanding they did... and only in recent history, within the last 40 years… has it been allowed to become common knowledge that pyramids exist all over the world. And only recently has it become common knowledge that every single monolithic structure around the world appears (to be intellectually honest), to honor or help track the "floating" stars/gods.

When you asked if the Egyptians talked about Saturn, Mercury or Venus I ignored that statement believing you were being your typical self... saying stuff you already know the answer to, yet deny those truths in order to make a fake point. But, now that I know you actually have no idea, please refer to these website to learn about Egyptian and other Pyramid building cultural lore regarding those planets...
Skyscript,
Many Faces of Venus,
Atrology History in Egypt,
Mercury Through history,
Essay and Charts and
Egypt and 2012.

Now those website are just to get you started, I could recommend several books you might be interested in... Because there are many, many more books and websites in which you can begin to open your eyes, but more importantly your mind. The sad news is, you won't because it doesn't fit your agenda. If I thought for one second you and I could have an honest intellectual conversation I would present a lot more information I've personally uncovered regarding ancient warnings and science… that actually seems to point to our own time for weird stuff to start happening. (for those who are actually interested just read some of my previous posts.)

The only one who continues to move the goal line, to fit your own agenda is you. I have nothing to gain, the only thing I'm interested in is finding the truth. I’m not even trying to force this discovery onto anyone… I’m asking everyone to see for themselves if what I’ve discovered equals anything at all. Yet you come on here demanding it means nothing, yet admit you haven’t even bothered to investigate it yourself… ATS' website motto is to deny ignorance, but you insist to admit you're loaded with it… I believe nothing, and I reject nothing until I personally research it. Yet you admit you reject things you refuse to even check to see if they're true or not, just because it goes against your own personal beliefs... How is that denying ignorance?

I've talked with people all over the world regarding this discovery of mine. To date, every single one of them understands how significant this discovery "might" be… yet, no one will know for an absolute fact until Dec 3, 2012. But I’m sure just how important this could be to understanding our true history, completely escapes you.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Parts 4 and 5:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Regarding video 4...

Having read two of Maurice Cotterell's and Patrick Geryl's latest book, not to mention I've watched every youtube interview they've both done... I have to question Patrick’s conclusions. Maurice’s conclusions and evidence intrigues the hell out of me... however, I question Geryl's conclusions because of what is recorded from four places on Earth, five if we include the Bible, regarding what some claim happened back in circa 750ish BC (or BCE). The sun supposedly set twice in the West... set, rose, and then set again. If that is true, we know the universe did not twist around our planet, so our planet had to of wobbled a great deal. However, in none of those historical accountings are there records of the oceans destroying civilizations thousands of miles inland, or any other such cataclysmic events. Noah's flood happened way before 700ish BC, (BCE... btw what the hell does Common Era even mean... talk about political correctness gone stupid, but I digress.) Patrick believes the whole world is going to die, every man woman and child will perish. He basically changes the concepts Maurice discovered and says Maurice stopped short of the real answer. What is real interesting though, is back in 1996 Maurice and his counter part Adrian Gilbert predicted the sun will go nucking futs, according to the code they found within Aztec/Mayan calendar… starting in 2010 and then the Sun will really lose its mind in 2011 and 2012. So far they appear to be right... I would strongly urge all to regard their book, Mayan Prophecies, or search youtube for Maurice’s lasted videos where he talks about a primer he says proves all ancient cultures were either in communication with each other, or, the same “old soul”, keeps reincarnating, in its attempt to save mankind from our own sickness… me thinks its very entertaining.

All and all I enjoyed these videos... The creators did a great job giving the 2012'ers and the debunkers equal time to prove their concepts and then making the 2012ers seem dangerous. The problem I have with going underground can be found within the book of Revelations... I would post the direct quote, but I believe it prudent for those who don't know... To sit down and read that story... its an interesting read and will explain why the hills, and not underground is (perhaps) the safe place to be. That is, if you believe anything is going to happen at all.

Thanks for turning me on to those videos.

--Charles Marcello
edit on 6-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Oh brother, here is what you now claim

I then asked is there any writing that tells us how the Egyptians built the pyramids at giza, and you completely ignored the question…

but this is what you wrote

can you find any documentation that proves the Egyptians built the pyramids at giza?

Why are you trying to cover up what you originally asked?

So the original question is who built the pyramids. That makes twice that you've tried to move the goal posts.

The answer to that question can be determined by seeing who signed the stone blocks. The graffiti is not carved. It is painted on the blocks. The work teams that built the pyramids is written on the blocks that were put in place.

The use of the word brick again indicates a basic lack of understanding of the pyramids at Giza. You've used the term in 3 posts. Are you getting that misconception from these fringe authors? The pyramids at Giza are limestone and granite, not bricks.

Anyone who has even a rudimentary understanding of the Pyramids of Giza knows damn well there is nothing that proves the Egyptians built those pyramids

So you are wrong. There is ample evidence that the Egyptians were the people that constructed the pyramids. It is only hoaxers writing fringe books that suggest otherwise.

and only in recent history, within the last 40 years… has it been allowed to become common knowledge that pyramids exist all over the world. And only recently has it become common knowledge that every single monolithic structure around the world appears (to be intellectually honest), to honor or help track the "floating" stars/gods.

This is a baloney claim if I ever heard one. Pyramids have been built by a number of cultures. So you think that only since around 1970 has it become general knowledge that many cultures built pyramids? Ridiculous. The 1800s was a time of great travel and people were especially interested in the Mid East and the ancient Egyptian ruins. Are you confusing interest in pyramids with the hoax called pyramid power? That was a silly craze int he 70s.

When you asked if the Egyptians talked about Saturn, Mercury or Venus I ignored that statement believing you were being your typical self

So here is yet another blatant misrepresentation of what I stated. No surprise there.

Have you found anything from Egyptian writings that suggest they tracked these planets and especially observed the relative positions of these planets?

So in all of these places where planets are mentioned is there anything that discusses the relative positions of the planets?

Link 1: A link to an astrology site that barely mentions the planets. FAIL.
Link 2: A mention of lore for a book claiming that Venus has changed its orbit in historical times. Physics shows that is impossible. FAIL.
Link 3: Talks about astrology, but not if the planets were tracked. FAIL.
Link 4: Talks about ancient religions, but not if the planets were tracked. FAIL.
Link 5: Does not mention the planets at all. FAIL.
Link 6: Does not discuss the planets. FAIL.

Six strike outs is a HUGE failure.

So in this charade of links you avoid the question of whether or not the Egyptians tracked the pyramid and especially observed the distances between the planets. The Sumerians tracked the positions long before the Egyptians were an empire. The Sumerian astronomical tables are known today. I'm sure that the Egyptians did track the planets. With so much time on your hands since your discovery of this coincidence I'd have thought you'd have located a place that the Egyptians recorded astronomical observations. It seems you have not.

Yet you admit you reject things you refuse to even check to see if they're true or not, just because it goes against your own personal beliefs... How is that denying ignorance?

Another misrepresentation. No surprise.

Your conjecture is that an alignment of the planets is related to the positions of the pyramids. Here are your words.

I believe nothing, and I reject nothing until I personally research it.

Since you are unable to show anything that connects this coincidence of ratios of apparent position of the planets with the positions of the pyramids at Giza it remains just a coincidence.

I asked if there was anything at all to this claim and you posted a bunch of links that are unrelated to the question. That is like your constant misrepresentation of what I posted. Are you afraid that the answer to your search is that you have wasted countless hours, maybe years, being hoaxed?

You have the opportunity to evaluate this coincidence by finding out how the Egyptians tracked the planets. I'm sure they did, but what did they do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join