It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When it comes to Assange rape case, the Swedes are making it up as they go along

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

When it comes to Assange rape case, the Swedes are making it up as they go along

www.crikey.com.au

Apparently having consensual sex in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for rape. That is the basis for a reinstitution of rape charges against WikiLeaks figurehead Julian Assange that is destined to make Sweden and its justice system the laughing stock of the world and dramatically damage its reputation as a model of modernity.

Sweden’s Public Prosecutor’s Office was embarrassed in August this year when it leaked to the media that it was seeking to arrest Assange for rape, then on the same day withdrew the arrest warrant because in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wow. Talk about much ado about nothing. Sex that started with a condom, and that finished without a condom is now considered non-consensual.

Throw in the fact the "victims" were boasting about their exploits after the fact in SMS messages and social networking sites and you cannot escape the conclusion this entire "rape" story is pure theater.

That Sweden would even be following up on this is a joke. The sex was consensual, all parties admit, and the "victims" did not even file a complaint. They "sought advice", which in Sweden is a way to ask the police about a matter without filing a formal complaint so you cannot be charged with filing a false complaint.

Seriously, Sweden. What a farce.

www.crikey.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimelab

Its all Bollocks made up to bring him in www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This keeps getting better and better. Soon we'll find an infamous blue dress warn by the "RAPEE."

The emperor wears no clothes, but in this case, the whistle blower wears no clothes... "And if you feel like I feel baby... then lets get it on."

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No.. The fact after the condoms broke, he kept going. umm condoms rarely break..
and twice?

Something smells fishy. < no pun intended.
edit on 2-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
No.. The fact after the condoms broke, he kept going. umm condoms rarely break..
and twice?

Something smells fishy. < no pun intended.
edit on 2-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

Where did you see anything about condoms breaking?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Julian Assange is internationally wanted for consensual sex with multiple pretty girls ... ?

Julian for president!!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Heard it wasn't consensual.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

please provide source and not hear say ,

i mean ive heard he owns the moon and is fueled by yuyu bees and pop tarts and reuglary chats with all the gods of the know universe and helps them in domestic cases,

just saying but i have no source..
edit on 3-12-2010 by zerbot565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by harryhaller

Heard it wasn't consensual.

That's the problem, it all depends on what mood the woman is in when she wakes up the next morning. :p

This country tries so hard to be equal that it bends over backwards, and that opens up the possibility to abuse the system.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
"Consensual sex that started out with a condom ended up without one, ergo, the sex was not consensual."

Note to self: avoid life in prison for "rape", never go to Sweden.

Stuff that happens during a good shag is a crime?.. lol

I say the girl is a possible rapist for not alerting the poor guy, or is she claiming her vagina was numb and didn't notice?.. lol.. I cant wait to see that cross examination. How do we know he consented to non condom fuzzy bumping? and SHE didn't swallow the condom by accident?

...a woman scorned.

Clearly Assange should have had his lawyer present to advise him on condom breakage legal liability, "Julian.. pull out man!!.. it's a crime to go deep from here forward!!"..

I the guy a CIA or truth agent?, I dunno.. but calling him a rapist for this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
lol, is it also rape if you shag a women because she seemed pretty when you were drunk but when you sobered up she was an ugmo?

Considering they've already been proven to tamper with evidence, why hasnt this "case" been thrown out?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

or its still consentual because you knew the risk when drinking alcohol in the first place `?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

please provide source and not hear say ,

Rape?

'Sex by Surprise' at Heart of Assange Criminal Probe

Source

"Whatever 'sex by surprise' is, it's only a offense in Sweden.

I call this a defamation campaign against Assange. State chiefs are hunting him.

The way to prevent leaks is to secure intelligence related systems, and properly train, screen & supervise personnel, NOT by instituting censorship of the press, and NOT by pressuring private companies like Amazon to cancel accounts like WikiLeaks (which is a violation of the 1st Amendment!). Do you like your "freedom of speach". Do you like post here in ATS?

Of course, we’re talking about the USA, which hasn’t used the Constitution for much more than a conversation piece for years… I love the American political and legal systems.

edit on 3-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The best outcome for Mr. Assange would be for him to disappear - permanently. No one would know who did it or how it happened, and all the Lefties of the world could blame their favorite boogeyman; CIA, Mossad, MI6, etc. But they would also always wonder "Could I be next?" What a perfect world!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well i live in sweden, and many of you is right..sweden have in many many cases recent years become a pathetic state to live in..we are many swedes in sweden who vacumes europe of info to find a new country to live in..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimelab

Don't know if it's up but here's more,..rixstep.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saribous
That's the problem, it all depends on what mood the woman is in when she wakes up the next morning. :p

Exactly.

These people can go through your whole life.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

Except that many, if not most, of the people talking about this case are conservatives.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The rape allegations are just free publicity for Assang and the wikileaks stuff. Sex sells!

new topics

top topics

join