It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Vietnam 7/6/2010?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This is allegedly a UFO captured in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam on 7/6/2010. It appears to be one of those 'blinky orbs' videos we see on Youtube. But the interesting thing about this is there is no commercial or state helicopters in Vietnam. I lived in Ho Chi Minh city until 1997, there was no such thing as helicopter in that city lol. Although, Vietnam's economy has grown over the years, Im pretty sure that rule still apply.

I actually went back to Ho Chi Minh city in 2004, still no helicopter.
edit on 2-12-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's a planet, most likely Jupiter, it depends on the time, must have been an incredibly clear sky that night // morning, the fact it doesn't move, and just general knowledge gives the game away, lol.
edit on 2/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It's a planet, most likely Jupiter, it depends on the time, must have been an incredibly clear sky that night // morning, the fact it doesn't move, and just general knowledge gives the game away, lol.

I also dugged something up. Im not sure how legit this 'news' source is but it reported the UFO appeared out of nowhere and disappeared. If thats true then it should rule out planet

www.allvoices.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
IF you watch the video, the person recording claims that it "moves side to side" and 'mostly floats there' as well as 'shoots lightning out from the top' and "changes color"

I love how people post after watching 5 seconds of content, claim their opinion as case closed...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The guy capturing this video sounds like he's honestly witnessing something other than a planet. You can tell just the way he's talking he's trying his hardest to try to get a still picture of this thing. Finally someone who tries to video a UFO without shaking the camera!
Nice find!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I watched the video from start to finish, the object did not move, from the link posted by an earlier poster:

At about 9:00PM local time in Ho Chi MinhHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam on July 6, 2010 a UFO in the form of a very bright strange light suddenly appeared in the night sky. It was brighter than the street lights and was seen for several hours. It was the only light in the sky. When the light first appeared it was seen to have blue flashes around it. No stars or planets were visible at the time.

That is clearly wrong, here is a screen grab from stellarium at the location, at 9pm local time:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/360e9addec33.jpg[/atsimg]

So planets and stars were visible, and it is clearly jupiter, it is at the right height, and, well, it looks like Jupiter should on a nice clear night.

EDIT: I noticed I had set the day to the 5th, but I assure you there is no change on the 6th.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i like this one. been a long time since we've seen a respectable effort to document. the dude may be a little spacey but its obvious hes impressed by what he sees and is trying. unfortunately the capabilities of the equipment just dont allow much to interpret. im not saying the gentleman didnt see it move, change colors and shoot lightning but i didnt see this on the video. and not to be this way, but where has this upper-tier quality ufo video been for 5 months? all in i'll say i wouldnt be surprised if it were genuine.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Friend, have you ever heard of light pollution??? Judging from the video, Ho Chi Minh city has a lot of street lights and appeared to be very well illuminated. I wager you can use stellarium and do a screenshot for Atlanta, Georgia from anywhere in the city and it may show an abundance of stars, planets, etc., but I will also guarantee you will not see any of them from the city streets; light pollution.

OP, very good video of whatever it may be.

seeker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I don't care how much light pollution there is, as an amateur astronomer I know only too well what light pollution is, i'm reminded of it everytime I take my reflector out anywhere locally, Jupiter is still visible through heavy light pollution, hell, even some clouds have a hard time blocking it out! (only the wee faint clouds)

EDIT: Sorry, I can see how you might have misread my post, I didn't mean all the stars on stellarium would be visible to the eye, especially through LP, but the fact is, Jupiter would have been.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I don't care how much light pollution there is, as an amateur astronomer I know only too well what light pollution is, i'm reminded of it everytime I take my reflector out anywhere locally, Jupiter is still visible through heavy light pollution, hell, even some clouds have a hard time blocking it out! (only the wee faint clouds)

EDIT: Sorry, I can see how you might have misread my post, I didn't mean all the stars on stellarium would be visible to the eye, especially through LP, but the fact is, Jupiter would have been.
No problem, friend; as an amateur astronomer, I respect your input, and it may very well prove out to be Jupiter; unless of course they post follow up footage showing it swooping in and zapping the photographer.

seeker

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

In which case I will move on to ball lightning, just to be damned awkward :-p

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

In which case I will move on to ball lightning, just to be damned awkward :-p

Thanks for the comments. Jupiter sounds likely. The only time I really look at the stars were in the military at night where you can see both Jupiter and the other stars. I havent seen a sky where Jupiter is the only visible planet yet.

Anyone have any more idea?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Vietcong worked out guerilla tactics to take it on?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ho Chi Minh has an average of 23 days of rainfall in July, so there's a better than good chance the sky was cloudy that night.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
IF you watch the video, the person recording claims that it "moves side to side" and 'mostly floats there' as well as 'shoots lightning out from the top' and "changes color"

I love how people post after watching 5 seconds of content, claim their opinion as case closed...

The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of human visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move. It was first recorded by a Russian officer keeping watch who observed illusory movement of a star near the horizon. It presumably occurs because motion perception is always relative to some reference point. In darkness or in a featureless environment there is no reference point, so the movement of the single point is undefined. The direction of the movements does not appear to be correlated with the involuntary eye movements, but may be determined by errors between eye position and that specified by efference copy of the movement signals sent to the extraocular muscles. The amplitude of the movements is also undefined. Individual observers set their own frames of reference to judge amplitude (and possibly direction). Because the phenomenon is labile, it has been used to show the effects of social influence or suggestion on judgments. For example, if an observer who would otherwise say the light is moving one foot overhears another observer say the light is moving one yard then the first observer will report that the light moved one yard. Discovery of the influence of suggestion on the autokinetic effect is often attributed to Sherif (1935), but it was recorded by Adams (1912), if not others. Many sightings of UFOs have also been attributed to the autokinetic effect's action on stars or planets.

wikipedia
edit on 2-12-2010 by Orkojoker because: messed up

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I am the guy who shot the UFO Sighting in Vietnam video! There is NO WAY it was a star, planet, helicopter or balloon.

My job has brought me to remote regions all over the world. I have camped out for months at a time in wilderness and deserts ranging from south & central America all the way to Africa and all over Asia. I have seen thousands of nights of stars and planets. NEVER before have I ever seen anything like what I saw that night looming over Ho Chi Minh City before!

There was nothing in the sky that night. Suddenly what looked like a wormhole just opened up in the sky. This thing was buzzing with energy. I could feel an ultra sonic vibration. It was brighter than the street lights. It started flashing and shooting out blue colored lighting bolts. I told my wife to run back to our hotel and grab our new video camera. By the time she got back the blue flashes had stopped. It lasted for several hours. I thought it was the end of the world. Then it just disappeared. I have never seen anything like it again.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by indogemstone

I would like to offer these points for everyone to consider:

1. I am an American living in HCMC Vietnam and I can also assure all of you that I have never seen a helicopter flying in or anywhere near HCMC.

2. The cloud cover combined with the pollution in HCMC would definitely obscure stars and planets. You can barely see a full moon here except during the dry season.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
LOL I love how the guy filming starts freaking out over getting some stable footage of it. I'd be acting the same way.

Anyway, has anyone yet suggested that it might be a candle balloon? Looks very unexceptional to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok im no expert in this field & thus I just have a question.

Anytime I hit pause & if im lucky I get a clear shot (between 2:50 & 3mins & @ 4mins) there appears to be what I can only describe as a 'brighter solid white spot' in the exact middle of the thing, there also seems to be dark spots at exactly North & West points at the outter sides, Can this be put down to the camera or would that be how Jupiter look? (Only mentioning jupiter as its mentioned above). Pretty cool video BTW.

edit on 4-12-2010 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It is really embarrassing when you mistake a star for a UFO, however we have all done it. It does however help people to start paying closer attention and that always brings them closer to actually seeing one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join