It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the economy bad or not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I always see millions of conspiracies on how bad the economy is. However it never seems to be bad the next day

1 week the economy looks bad ..

Next week it looks good .

I mean come on ..Is it bad or not

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The economy will Allways be bad, untill our leaders and others round the world start working together peacefully

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Your perception is the result of watching TV. the economy is bad, period. Just ask one of the million or so folks who just had their 99 week unemployment checks run out.

Hope you did your homework, and prepared for what is about to come next.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I work in commercial construction. I can tell you that most of our work has been drying up. It was bad last winter, it looks like it's going to be even worse this winter. There is still work going on in a few schools, and a couple of hospitals, but other then that, it's pretty bleak. Most of my colleagues are hoping things start to break after the holidays.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I know...I clicked on google news page today and one headline was "economy looking up" and then right below in smaller text it said jobless claims higher than expected....Is that right? Jobless claims are up and housing is not selling at the rate expected how in the world is the economic outlook looking brighter? High-end retailers are coming out ahead though..

The thing that erks me is seeing the Mercedes Benz commercials with the big red bow on the car...who the hell gets a car for christmas? Not me...
We are scrapping by as it is...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The economy is now the worst it has been since perhaps the great depression. Take a look at this:

www.opinion-maker.org...

Also, take a look at this:

www.cbsatlanta.com...,0

Mind you, the Atlanta thing happened today, and during what would otherwise be one of the busiest shopping days of the year in an upper middle class atlanta suburb.

The people who have been tasked by taking care of these things are lying to us. Eventually, there will be a ponzi style collapse of the us currency. Think of Bernie Madoff, but with ben bernanke the head of the con.

People have started a flight into "quality", except the "quality" is precious metals, guns, ammunition, and non-perishable food items.

Read this:

market-ticker.org...

Denninger is one of the more valid truth economic tellers on the internet. The house of cards will fall, and fall hard.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The economy is Broken, not just bad. We will never be able to pay off the debt. The Govt. just keeps digging us deeper and deeper. The stock market is rigged pay it no attention. The dollar is worth 4% what it was in 1932. Move somewhere else. Thats what I'm going to do.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The economy is fine....

The problem is the top 5 percent of the wealthiest people hoard it all....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

And 10 points for guessing what that 5% of poeple do as jobs,,,,

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Those people are called our " Owners "

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Economy does not effect everyone equally. For us at the bottom of the pyramid, looking up, it sucks right now. But the big mucky mucks are still making money, Federal Reserve and all them central banks are still raking in the dough, economy ain't bad, (though it looks it), the money didn't disappear, they are just building dams,

Cashflow.
the little people gots no dough.

F# The Bakers and their Bread!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

Owners that a neither usefull or fun to have at partys,

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I watched a documentary "Addicted to Money" which I found to be quite informative, according to it the current economic model is not efficient. The resources are dwindling but the demand is increasing. So definitely, it will give rise to disparities and the need to make big changes and opt for a more sustainable lifestyle. But are people ready to alter their lifestyles? It doesn't seem to be...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The economy is the economy, it's how you react to it that is "good" or "bad".

I don't know how to add a second line, is there a tutorial?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
what kind of question is this? you have 3 in 10 homes in forclosure. you have 3 out of 10 families if not more on food assistance programs, you have colleges, and universities budget cutting until their ears fall off, you have every state in arrears of debt, man if you cannot see the painting on the wall, GET OFF THE COUCH, and look through out your neighborhood with all the houses either empty, forsale, or dam close to that. But shucks i forgot their is one class that is and has not fealt this cold clammy thing called poverty climb up its back yet, hmm owe thats wright the corporations and government. so i guess if you work for either of these entities life is probably next to normal

new topics

top topics

join