It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls V, Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anyone get game informer? I just recently found out that there will be an article in the February edition of GI for Skyrim. Just a heads up for anyone who's been wondering about TES V as far as any coverage in gaming mags.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

well itll be a nice little wait for that. november, if it dont get pushed back. one thing certain, the game will be amazing, as bethesda will have it no other way. i would love to see some sort of online coop. im sure with the immensity of the game that might be a tough thing to do, but so worth the trouble. cant wait to dump a good 40 hours into that one

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Personally I want to see more of the charm evident in Morrowind that was so badly lacking in Oblivion. The latter at times just seemed really dull and about as intriguing as a block of cheese.

Personally I'm more looking forward to Dragon Age 2 which is out this March, though the announcement of TES V: Skyrim was certainly music to my ears as a huge RPG fan.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The Game Informer mag has tons of new goodies in it.

Some of the new goodies about Skyrim.

Duel Wielding weapons.

Shield Bashing.

"Radiant Story" AI, e.g. say you drop your weapon in a town, a kid picks it up and says "hey mister you dropped your sword" while handing it to you.

Fallout style Perks.

Fallout style Hardcore crafting, cooking, farming, mining and lumberjacking.

Finishing Moves.

No Level cap. Soft level "cap" at 50, experience requirements at that point are very high. Leveling is more like Fallout than Oblivion.

Sprinting.

Finally there will also be beards and capes!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Sounds like it will be awesome if it turns out right, I can't wait

I just hope my PC will be able to play it decently, lol
Morrowind is my favourite game of all time, and I'm currently playing through Oblivion for the first time. I hope TESV includes much of the charm that I especially enjoyed in Morrowind

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.

Woodcutting eh?

Finally my argonian rogue can settle into a more legal occupation........ maybe...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Game informer Hub for the next chapter in a great series
Skyrim

Skyrim: Secrets Of the wall

The zoomed-in glimpses you see within the trailer are more than they may first appear to be. The carved images are part of Alduin's Wall, named after the powerful dragon that serves as Skyrim's central antagonist. Alduin's Wall is an actual structure within the game world of Skyrim, and it plays a key part in the story of the game. It depicts a prophecy heralding the return Alduin to the world of the Elder Scrolls, as well as the history of the dragons and their interaction with humanity. Each section of the wall tells a different part of the story, and we'll explain every area in detail. Each of the previous games in the Elder Scrolls series play a part in the prophecy.

Example:

The Sons of Skyrim
With the Fourth Era begun, the sons of Skyrim “spill their own blood”, as described by the Blade named Esbern within the recent trailer. This final terrible event heralds Alduin’s ultimate arrival. As The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim begins, the high king of Skyrim has been murdered. Many within the northern country wish to secede from the crumbling empire, which has been on the decline for 200 years since the fall of the Septim Dynasty. Other Skyrim citizens insist the Empire is still worth fighting for. Conflict between the two sides seems inevitable.

A screenshot is seen in the technology behind section

On twitter

When asked about the sound video showing a Centurion "remember the round ball guys in the Dwemer ruins" and some one asked if there were going to be ruins in this chapter one of the Devs linked to the above screenshot.

Pete Hines
@DCDeacon Pete Hines
I get asked this a lot. Yes, as with past TES games, we will release a kit to mod Skyrim for PC. It's called the Creation Kit.
8 hours ago

From Twitter feed here

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

For those who don't know, Alduin is the Nordic name for Akatosh, chief of the Nine Divines.

I really wonder how this will work out.

Does that mean Akatosh has a darkside or is Akatosh in apocalyptic wrath mode? Who is really the bad guy?

I'm expecting some kind of unexpected swerve on the part of the story. Things are not as they seem.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
again... major excitement over the release of TESV... and if i missed it, please tar and feather me, but does anyone know an actual expected release date?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
again... major excitement over the release of TESV... and if i missed it, please tar and feather me, but does anyone know an actual expected release date?

Yes 11/11/11

really it is
you can also see it on www.elderscrolls.com

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Thanks for picking up my slack!

I really have been lacking in most things I should be doing lately. However, I did just get the Feb issue of GameInformer, couldn't stop reading it! I can't wait.

They also mentioned the brand new menu system. Instead of looking at just a screen with a map on it, you actually look down and the camera pans backwards up to "improbable heights" and shows a map similar to what google maps looks like (at least that's what I get from the explanation they gave). Sounds like that'll be sweet.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Some more info:

However, Skyrim introduces something new into the gameplay mix: dragon shouts. This special new set of powers stand apart from the existing magic system, offering a broad range of powerful effects. The ability to attain these abilities is unique to your hero in the world, and the path to attaining them is a quest in itself within the larger tale that unfolds over the course of the game. Dragon shouts give the player the same overwhelming might that drives the resurgent dragon population, and the same source of power that launched the last line of emperors.

taken from here

sort of reminds me of the guardians on lotro

In the game, players will guide their hero to learn ever more powerful dragon shouts, and then use these arcane powers to supplement other combat and magic skills. Upon defeating a dragon, Skyrim’s hero absorbs the soul of the fallen creature, which fuels his ability to learn a new shout. Later, players can search out long lost walls covered in dragon script. Upon these walls, individual runes stand out to the hero because he or she is dragonborn. “There are these words of power, and if you learn how to say them right, they have a powerful effect,” Howard says.

now I know why the wall was important on the site... I thought at first it was just hidden info but now with tidbit it makes sense that it was done like that. I love finding out about there hidden stuff in the games.

not really hidden but you can see in my avatar I had for a while hint Morrowind. I use this avy in different places and I had some one ask me once if it was "satanic" I laughed and said no "I'm just the Nerevarine" any who back on topic

over 20 complete shouts in all, each with multiple words that must be gathered from different places around the world

sounds almost like another game I can't put my finger on either way I still can't wait

the article form this post is 3 pages so I won't spoil more from this one

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
And wanted to add while the wait for 11/11/11

I reinstalled III / IV
( can't get daggerfall or arena or redguard to work , stupid win7 64bit get bill gates in here ...smack)

ok for Morrowind on win7 64bit
I thought I might have problems and might have to
resort to my xbox ( org ) but it works yea! outlander!
soo I started wondering about textures and well
I followed this guide today Morrowind Expanded
finished with all the different installs
yes this might be old but
OMFG it brings life to morrowind ( again ) I might start taking screenshots just to show how much
different it looks.

very much Oblivion-ish-somewhat not really but almost

so reinstalled Oblivion and all the dlc and played but my mind kept going back to Morrowind
cliffracers and silt striders, mister aaaaaaahhhhh from the sky, any ways
what if its possible to take the ems form 3 and import it into the tools of 4 and save and try it

Then I found this Morroblivion
Its not fully done yet but WOW so neat

would be nice if they could some how take the "land/map" form dagger fall and put it to 3/4/5

I also hope they have paint brushes in this one

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
To me this is the must have game of 2011.

TES IV Oblivion was absolutely incredible.I hope they put as much effort into this one.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'd love to see an Elder scrolls Mmorpg, where players could explore randomly generated dungeons together and trade and form an economy, maybe player run farms, cities, guilds and even dungeons?

Incidentally does anyone know if they're bringing back levitation yet?
As i know it wasn't possible because of the cell structure of cities and areas in the last game.

But yeah, looking forward to it. The screen shots above look wonderful.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
so i just saw this and didn't think i'd seen anyone else put this link up... it gives a little more detail as to what we can expect from skyrim.... looks sweeeet!!!

www.uesp.net...:skyrim

and still it doesn't seem to work... ah well, if you go to www.uesp.net... you should be able to find it no prob...
edit on 2-2-2011 by schitzoandro because: change link

and then of course there is this www.gameinformer.com...
edit on 2-2-2011 by schitzoandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I can't wait till this comes out, I hear they're using a brand new engine aside from previous games, I'm wondering exactly how those dragon calls are gonna play out they'll either be a game maker or breaker for me...

This game can't come soon enough for me, I'm gonna probably buy Rage in September to tide me over until this releases, anyone who hasn't heard of Rage should look it up, looks like it will be some fun!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

i totally agree, this game couldn't be out soon enough... i have been going back through and playing oblivion again, my girlfriends son was only exposed to sports games for so long, so i introduced it to him, and he has been so hooked for the past 2 weeks, what a transition from madden!
but yes, according to that link and what else i have read, they are using a new engine, and apparently more of a fallout3/new vegas style level perk idea, which i think will be fantastic...

CAN...NOT...WAIT!!!
edit on 3-2-2011 by schitzoandro because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Oblivion is one of my favorite games of all time,and i have played allot of games in my life.
I remember thinking it wasn't that good when first playing it,but after stepping out of the dungeons
to be welcomed by the magnificent scenery was really awe inspiring and had me hooked from then on.

Yep, I'll definitely be getting a new Elder Scrolls the day it's released...and I don't do that with just any game... (I typically wait until they hit the $30 mark or lower, just out of principle)...

Fable III has beautiful scenery too, if you like that kind of thing. Much easier to play than Oblivion, but less open world...and not as many quest lines, etc. Still fun though. I'd love to see the Fable III multiplayer ability in Elder Scrolls V, that would rock....

reply to post by schitzoandro

Try playing Oblivion as a vampire, if you want to change it up... If the sun thing gets too bad, you can always make up a potion that restores health to counter the damage somewhat, and allow for some short stints in the sun..(I called mine Sunblock 1000, hehe...)
edit on 4-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to it but.... the new Uncharted is due out a week or so earlier.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join