It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls V, Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, here it is...coming from separate sources...probably the most anticipated news (at least for me) regarding 2011 gaming. Without further adieu, I am happy to announce that The Elder Scrolls V has been in the making for some time and will be out sometime in 2011.

TES Link 1

TES Link 2

Plus for any other news, I would keep checking here: TES's Actual Website

Actually, we all probably already knew this...but to hear it come from Bethesda is just great. They have been hush hush with it, and still are actually, since Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Plus they've been working on various other games too since the 2006 release of Oblivion. Anyways, I simply cannot wait for this game.

For fans of the series or even just Oblivion, what would YOU personally like to see in TES:V? New features wise, what do you think would make or break the game?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Sick, ....sick, sick, sick. I love these games. I wish they were multiplayer sometimes.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It's the new WoW killer!!!!

Not really, just thought I would get that in before anyone else did

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I hope its better than Oblivion, vanilla Oblivion was bore-reen.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I actually really loved Oblivion, but I am positive they can do better. I mean, look at New Vegas. The story line probably could use some work, but the mechanics of the game and weapons, armor, the map...I mean, they have so much to work with. I believe it will be like Oblivion on steroids.

Also, sorry I don't have much else to go on but what those two links say...At least it is something. Two months ago I claimed a prophecy that the magazine GameInformer would do a huge article on TES V within the next five issues (there are three left for me to be right)...With this news coming out...I'm hoping I am right...man...I can't wait.

and finally, this is a rumor from quite a while ago...so I cannot be sure if this IS at all true, but it would still be neat - I read that they would include slightly later era weapons. They would still have swords, battle axes, and different stuff but I remember reading something about maybe crossbows? That'd be neat. Also, wouldn't mind seeing the addition of weapons that you throw...like knives or spears. Which, I might add, New Vegas DOES have throwing knives and spears. SO...Maybe they were trying them out for the next TES? Who knows...

Ah, speculation. At least we know the approximate due date and let's hope they don't change it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
2011?Awesome news i cant wait!
Oblivion is one of my favorite games of all time,and i have played allot of games in my life.
I remember thinking it wasn't that good when first playing it,but after stepping out of the dungeons
to be welcomed by the magnificent scenery was really awe inspiring and had me hooked from then on.
Roll on 2011.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

never been a fan of RPG's until I started playing this series. WOW ! I've loved them all and can't wait for more !!!
It's like RPG CRACK !!!

First, I'd like to say thanks for posting this ! Things like this get overlooked here but we need to kick back and forget about all the evils of the world for a few minutes so STAR AND FLAGGED !
Good thread !

What would I like to see?
Another great storyline.
Famous voice overs.
A bit more depth to the characters.
More weapons and armor.
You know, the usual

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
2011 will almost certainly become 2012 if the Elder Scrolls track record is any indication. I don't believe they have ever hit a deadline squarely (which can be a good thing... I'd have much rather they held FO:NV for a couple of months to actually fix some of the more atrocious glitches than rush it out as is.)

Also, here's to hopes that they give us some Bloodmoon love this time around and we get lycanthropes in addition to vampires.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I loved Oblivion, so you can bet I'd get a followup the day it came out.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
this game is going to be sweeeeeet!!! no doubt. i loved oblivion and morrowind is what got me hooked to the series

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I still am playing Elder Scrolls IV over and over again......so addicting.....no doubt that I will buy the next one.....they should put in V.A.S.T mode.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am hoping for a few dozen less bugs when it comes out. I remember I bought Oblivion on the day it was released. I ended up so mad I wanted to throw my controller. I was getting stuck in rocks, missions couldn't be completed, and just seemingly issue after issue came up.

The only other thing I really didn't like was how fast you could become invincible. I ended up with a character that took almost zero damage in any battle. At that point it became boring. I just sold it off.

I will probably rent the newest one though and put in a solid 48 hours.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Multiplayer, bigger world.

I'd say that was the biggest problem with Oblivion, is it was tiny compared to it's ancestors.

And this game looks just like oblivion.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Good news, Its definitely one of the best games I've ever played (Morrowind & Oblivion) I just hope they stick to their roots...I actually hope the DON'T include multi-player, I really don't, because it will become just like all the other MMO fantasy RPGs out there...It should remain single player....and then they can enhance it and make it legendary.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Drumroll, please?

Folks of AboveTopSecret...I give you...

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

TES Website again

Youtube Video for TES V

Okay, I apologize...I regretfully display my n00bness in embedding youtube videos. If someone would like to do that for me, I would appreciate it...Either way, there you have it. Skyrim is set to come out 11.11.11. Under a year away.

Finally, I know...it was a bit dramatic, but what did you expect?
I really cannot wait for this game.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

YES! Dragons! Finally! That video raised the hairs. Thanks for posting the link. After running into a massive glitch in my New Vegas playthrough last night (everywhere I go, I am attacked... even by factions I am "Liked" by) I really needed something positive around Bethesda to keep me from cursing their existence.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Oh yes please. Finally another chance to roll another Argonian rogue, equipped with magical daggers and a ruthless cold heart.

Loved Morrowind (probably more than Oblivion actually) , especially with the ability to fly and levitate, which sadly they removed in Oblivion due to celled zone areas.

In Morrowind my rogue managed to find a dagger of levitating, which allowed me to access the wizards towers and ultimately slay and loot them all, thus giving me access to yet more deadly magical weapons.

Oblivion was good - beautiful graphics etc, but seemed to lack 'something'.

Did i mention i love argonian rogues?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My friend got me hooked on TES: Oblivion. When she told me about TES V it made my bad day better I can't wait until 11.11.11 its too long!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Looking forward to this. I hope it's closer to Morrowind than Oblivion, though, in terms of direction.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

That video raised the hairs...After running into a massive glitch in my New Vegas playthrough last night I really needed something positive around Bethesda to keep me from cursing their existence.

Me too. I just about squealed like a little schoolgirl
However, there was supposed to be a HUGE patch released for New Vegas to fix a plethora of problems with game play. I've never had that one happen to me but my damn game freezes if I move even just a hair while it autosaves after fast travel or entering/exiting buildings. That game is waaay too glitchy.

and to Mr-Lizard: You know, I've never been an argonian on Oblivion? Maybe I will be one on Morrowind. I plan on playing through that one ASAP. Oblivion doesn't run fast enough on my computer, I'm hoping Morrowind is just old enough to run at an optimal speed even with the graphics turned down if need be.

Anyway, yeah...11.11.11 is too far away right now. Wait, it's actually okay...When that day rolls around...my social life will suffer and dwindle to nothing. I should enjoy friends and the outdoors as much as possible until then.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join