It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Europe beware - an ice age has officially started

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Even if it was the start of a mini ice age we could just go about having fun like this guy painted during the last one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/875fadf1b551.jpg[/atsimg]

Doesn't seem that bad to me
edit on 2-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
OP, its called WINTER !!!!!
WElcome on ATS Weather Channel...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

You call that heavy snow????
You need to spend some time over in Canadian winter....Thats what we would call a light dusting.......
peace bro keep warm.....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is something new. Imagine a snow here in the Philippines! Europe would have been covered by snow if ever we get one drop of snow here.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
WHAT?!?
You mean there's SNOW in DECEMBER?!?!

That's just crazy... I don't believe a word of it.

Please note the sarcasm, and no, I really don't believe it.

If there's 10 feet of snow in, let's say, August... Then I might be a bit concerned.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by casijones
WHAT?!?
You mean there's SNOW in DECEMBER?!?!

That's just crazy... I don't believe a word of it.

Please note the sarcasm, and no, I really don't believe it.

If there's 10 feet of snow in, let's say, August... Then I might be a bit concerned.

If you think you have to state the sarcasm in that post, you must really think we are the most stupid people ever. Congratulations on being the 70th post to bash the thread-starter. You guys disagree, we get it. Please understand that you guys are not contributing at all with your "disagree with the thread-starter in the funniest way" competition. Please, if you disagree so sincerely just move on to another topic and get over it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
lol, welcome to winter!

Sigh, we have bad weather every single year. Why oh why do we forget the previous year? It's like we've never seen snow before.... omg ice age! Oh noes..... then summer will come around, it's over 100 degrees outside.... omg global warming! Oh noes.....

You'd think we'd have learned by now, that there are actually seasons on this planet that go from one extreme to the other.... I wonder when science will confirm this fact.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Woah woah woah...wait a minute. Either it's an ice age, or it's global warming. You liberals can't say it's both. Pick one.

I for one don't believe either. It's more propaganda for the liberal elitists to use for their campaigns.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just woke up, 9:30am, still in the NW England, haven't gone anywhere, took another pic from my fronts 24hrs later to compare to one of the ones I posted on page 3:

YESTERDAY:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81819949cdf8.jpg[/atsimg]

RIGHT NOW:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a04b851079a.jpg[/atsimg]

Wait, theres less snow now? And its warmer?? still a nippy -1.6c but I won't be stockpiling pot noodles for the ice age just yet.

edit on 3/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein
Im sorry.

You should be. Spreading fear and anxiety isn't a nice thing to do. And you may also be lying or honestly believing in your "prediction". So you should be sorry. Good thing is that you apologized already at the end of your post.

Sorry my dear Rabbiwhatever, but you are victim of fear and now you are projecting it unto others. You'd deserve some spanking.

Like davespanners suggested above, people in England should be rejoicing for having a decent winter instead of cold rain of water and mist.

-v
edit on 3-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 6242

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
hi all i dont post usually just read but the thing is this ice age idea might just be true because apparently the gulf stream has slowed down or stopped accordint to a dr gianluigi zangfari of frascati italy look him up under his name on any search engine linked with bp oil disaster because the corexit used to disperse the oil has caused said oil to sink to the bottom of the sea where it has immersed with the gulf stream and now the loop current has dissapeared.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
sorry all spelling is crap i spelled the drs name wrong my bad its spelt dr gianluigi zangari of frascati laboratories in italy

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's very pretty on the Sussex coast, The downs covered in 6+inches of snow, perfect for a little messing around.. the kids have table tops and other garden furniture to slide around on
muchly fun

Less of an "oh noes the world is ending" and more of a "wahoo, time to play" from everyone I know.

On the face of it, everyone I know moans about the snow and lies to get out of going to work and then goes off and plays with the kids

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Do you know what an ice age is.. Saying the whole world it going into one show you dont have any understanding of ice age dynamics... The wolrd has only once been totaly affected by an ice age and that wa a very very long time ago...There have been many more smaller ice ages since..
Just because we have a couple of cold winters is no indiction we are going into an iceage...

Why are people o hypersentive to doom and gloom.....

kx

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Well I DO NOT believe 'little reptiles' under ground are causing an ice age to wipe us out ???!!

However

I do know someone high up in emergency planning and they are attending a 'secret' National meeting concerning the 'change' in the UK..

It might just be related to logistics and fuel running out in certain areas but there is more warning of continual weather which will keep this going and actually probably prove another Poster on ATS (Snow Joke for uK Thread) Correct. They claimed that there will be a breakdown in the supply chain for food, cash, fuel as we simply can't seem to adapt to prolonged cold weather anymore....

There is also a school of thought suggesting a 'change' in the weather patterns, over the past couple of years which , by the time we realise may just have become reality...

This emergency meeting though has alot of importance being placed on it and maybe they know something we don'..??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

PurpleDOG, can you tell us any more about this emergency meeting, I'm intrigued. It sounds like the kind of thing that deserves it's own thread. Pretty please.

As for the snow, it's really not that big a deal. The photo of the woman digging her car out was taken in Scotland, where it is generally alot colder than the rest of Britain. The snow has been confined to the East coast of Britain mostly. There is only a couple of inches in Lancashire where I am.

What I'm surprised by is how people are reacting to the weather. You go into a shop or house and the heating is turned up to 30 degrees (the hottest summer day imaginable) just because it'sa bit cold outside. People are out in the streets in their normal summer clothing, with the addition of some gloves or a hat, then they complain about the cold, it's like they want to live in a totally artificial environment, completely isolated from nature

If we did enter a new ice age I hope that the UK population would be clever enough to realise that you can keep warm by putting on more clothes.....or maybe I'm being too optimistic there!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Dr Stoat

When and if I find out more I shall... I think it's concerning Contingencies for the supply chain breaking down and more specifically an NHS bias however people have been asked to travel to London from all over the country.

I am NOT part of that world and only really picked up that in a chat with a friend so ear to the ground..

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

If you do ever hear more, I'd be interested to

Tho the meeting sounds like a sensible one to me

Edit to add: historically it seems high levels of dissent follow bitterly cold winters.. food and fuel shortages would really get people off their bums to protest Gov failings, so it would be sensible for this gov not to allow that to happen

edit on 3/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
beware us and canada? i used to live in north ontario it was common in winter for snow to fall and fall, for days on end. so we would be walking down the roads in kind of tunnels because the sides that have been plowed out are sometimes double my height or more. Anyways, we are equipped to handle such large snowfalls and i'm sure places in the usa are as well that happen to be in "snow belts" the problem is that in england and ireland their cities aren't prepared at all for living in this kind of weather.
I do hope that an iceage isnt starting though, i cant imagine where i live being under 20 meters of glaciers, I visit alaska often, I have a friend from anchorage, and we take glacier tours and it always seemed to me that the glaciers there were receding quite alot here is a picture i took that marks exit glaciers recession since 1815.
There were others that I went to see also

but this is the picture that i took of a tourist board by the glacier, you can actually walk right up to this glacier.
as you can see it is certainly receding.

and this is a pic of the glacier itself that i took

edit on 3-12-2010 by mesaana because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by mesaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
How on earth do you come to those conclusions?! Yeah it's cold here but it was also very cold here last year albeit not as early.. I wouldn't start getting your family and belongings and running for the hills just yet..
Anyway it is claimed that this year was the hottest worldwide since records began... Not sure how that fits with your ice age theory?!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein

Originally posted by nolabel
And where is the evidence of this "ice age"?

A few inches of snow in the UK does not make an ice age!

Just another fearmonger trying to make things appear worse than they actually are.

inches?

many many feet thick actually.

look this is not one of those doom and gloom or predicition threads, i for one and fed up of people who come on here and do that with no evidence whatsoever.

what i am talking about is happening right now
edit on 2-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)

Is that picture you posted of someone digging out their car your proof that the ice age is imminent? Because if it is, I'm not convinced.

Where I am in the UK it has snowed lightly pretty much from Tuesday to Thursday, but all that has accumulated is about 1-2 inches tops. Granted there are places in the north that have gotten hit worse than us but I wouldn't say that it's the dawn of a new ice age. More like winter rearing it's ugly head and the government not being able to cope with it. Today is actually sunny where I am and they are predicting rain for the weekend. Also where have you heard of the "many many feet" here in the UK? I've heard of the "several inches" but not the "many many feet" you speak of.

As for this not being a doomy gloomy/prediction sort of thread I respectfully disagree. Your OP is full of the doomy gloomy/prediction stuff some people can't get enough of. If you don't have a source to show where your info is coming from - other than some guy digging out his car- then it's a prediction as far as I'm concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join