It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Europe beware - an ice age has officially started

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's cold yes but not that cold.. I live in Liverpool and we've had a lot of snow and -5 degrees cold spells but it's certinaly not the beginning of the Ice age! To be honest I can remember it used to be a LOT worse in the 70's when I was a kid growing up... The last 10 years or so winters have been VERY mild so I guess we're just used to mild winters till around February/March and it's come early.

We are never prepared for the snow and cold conditions in the UK.. Bit shocking really!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

Mr Kipling

I bet you are doing a roaring trade with your cakes and a cup of tea in this weather...... LOL

PDUK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

2nd

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I should be.. They're exceedingly good!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's only some parts of the UK that has had loads of snow. Here in Cardiff, Wales, we had one snow shower lasting one day. That's it. Most of Wales has escaped it.
My boyfriend talks about the ice age coming every time it snows or goes below zero degrees. I just roll my eyes...
I've read it's the coldest the UK has been in December for around 100 years but that doesn't mean the whole world is going to freeze over. For every ice-age doom mongerer there is a global warming doom mongerer talking about the earth heating up over the next decades and the UK becoming tropical !

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
WARNING! HIGHLY SPECULATIVE COMMENT!

It is actually going to be cooler in Europe thanks to Global warming. Gulfstream has steadily decreased over last few decades due to global warming. I guess that BP oil spill might have been the last drop. Oh, don't worry it's nothing serious. We just have to get used to Siberian continental climate here in Europe. Believe me there is not going to be GLOBAL Ice Age. Only Europe and Northern Africa will be directly affected. However, first few years of adaptation might be difficult as price of energy and food will increase at lest 30% considering history. If you want to know how climate will look in your area just look at places with same longitude.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeDeZo

Are you able to point to any reliable, peer reviewed and published scientific papers which supports the assertion that the Gulf Stream has slowed? Please don't reference some nut-job on YouTube or some fraud dressed up as scientist etc...

Regards

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All's fine...
gulf stream is still up and running: rads.tudelft.nl...

Happy winter time everybody

CaseCloser

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

www.guardian.co.uk...
I can't seem to find original story. Flash animation apparently remains.
Another story in guardian.
www.guardian.co.uk...
If you really want I may be able to find more "scientific ones"
Dug it up. it's all there in the internet, remember google is your friend.
Goodnight.
Some reading:
rucool.marine.rutgers.edu...
marine.rutgers.edu...[ed itby]edit on 12-12-2010 by SpeDeZo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just want to add this 'weather' story into the mix...

hisz.rsoe.hu...

You don't see this very often do you ?? Snow getting towards the Equator !

A snowstorm whipped across the Syrian capital Damascus on Sunday, disrupting traffic but also bringing some relief from a drought which has gripped the country for the past four years. The UN estimates drought has affected around 1.3 million Syrians, 800,000 of them severely, in four consecutive droughts since 2006. The desert countries of Jordan and Egypt were meanwhile hit by sandstorms on Sunday as visibility deteriorated and temperatures continued to plummet.

regards

PDUK

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

i'm in the uk and they is no snow i'm about 120 miles from london

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm starting to believe you.

As I was watching the news, the extra ordinary whether has spread throughout Europe, Middle East and America.

It snows in Egypt

CAIRO: Flurries of snow drifted over the Egyptian coastal city of Alexandria Sunday evening, leaving a dusting on streets and cars. Alexandrian resident Mohamed Abdelfattah said, “It’s terrible. It’s the worst weather ever.”

Snow is just the latest of Egypt’s unusual winter weather over the past few days.

Crazy, extreme weather leads up to Thanksgiving

Environme nt Canada admits to ‘underforecasting’ snow by 1,000 per cent

But it's kept falling, and falling — and, by this afternoon, it's buried cars and fire hydrants as 25 centimetres have blanketed the city and the weather system is still going strong.

Environment Canada meteorologist Rene Heroux says there were problems picking up the fine details of the weather pattern that hit the province.

There are long lineups as commuters queue for trains and buses amid strong winds and blowing snow. Some people had to wait until late into the evening Monday before being able to return home.

Mr. Heroux blames a very unusual weather pattern where the precipitation comes from the east towards the west.

Usually, he says, it's the other way around.

The forecast: Cold and colder

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
More heavy snowfall cripples Germany

Recent overnight snowfall in Germany has led to many transportation cancelations and inconveniences, leaving parts of the country covered in frost.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I wonder what people now think in regards to this thread. Ha! It is happening although maybe not like you have laid out here but it is definitely unfolding as I type... the Earth changes are coming in concert.

Scary stuff!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Here you go Mama J

It's Not just Europe.....

Hyper- arid Atacama desert hit by snow
www.bbc.co.uk...

The cold snap in Latin America................

PDUK

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join