It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes arrests over nuclear scientist killing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Iran makes arrests over nuclear scientist killing

uk.news.yahoo.com

"The three spy agencies of Mossad, CIA and MI6 had a role in the (attacks) and, with the arrest of these people, we will find new clues to arrest other elements," Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi was quoted as saying on state television's website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
As most probably expected, its likely the bombing was carried out by government agencies.Its strange that
they just seem a bit sloppy for being caught, I mean these are professionals, unless they have found some patsys who will take the blame . I will keep an eye out for more information and see what develops of this story. Did a search and at time of writing no one had posted.
What do you think??
Regards

uk.news.yahoo.com
edit on 2-12-2010 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"The three spy agencies of Mossad, CIA and MI6 had a role in the (attacks) and, with the arrest of these people, we will find new clues to arrest other elements," Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi was quoted as saying on state television's website.

Imagine that....

This sounds just like a few lines out of the worst possible spy novel ever written.
Just saying is all.

edit on 2-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Imagine that....

This sounds just like a few lines out of the worse possible spy novel ever written.
Just saying is all.

But who else would have done this? Obviously it was either Mossad or CIA-sponsored terrorists.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
so i take it should be just a matter of time before we go to war with iran.

it's so crazy it's like a freakin soap opera that we've been watching since pres. bill clinton (well actually i'd say the 1st bush.)

is this how they plan to make israel a super power? i mean seriously first we have n korea bombing s korea and now we have us bombing iranian nuclear scientists. we have turkey saying they back n korea and iran while china is slipping out the back door. (based on the wikileaks)

so what are the teams gonna be in ww3? turkey,iran, n korea v. usa, uk and...? israel

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
so i take it should be just a matter of time before we go to war with iran.

Well, assassinations are an act of war. WWI started that way.
Targeting scientists is immoral imo.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
But who else would have done this? Obviously it was either Mossad or CIA-sponsored terrorists.

The Iranian themselves.

Whose to say it wasn't the Iranian Government cleaning house so to speak to remove possible or perceived leaks/threats within their own organization then turn around and use it as a....

uuuhmmm.....

get ready....

Wait for it....

an "Iranian False Flag"

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Imagine that....

This sounds just like a few lines out of the worse possible spy novel ever written.
Just saying is all.

Why do you say obviously? Aytime you think something is obvious... Ask yourself why, and say that.... But don't use some non descriptor phrase like "its obvious!"

edit on 2-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And this is what I mean.... This is as good as any...

Having problem with a top scientist... Kill him and blame it on your enemy...

Now of course that doesn't mean this is what happened.... Bt it is as good as any, and better than what was tood to us by the Iran gov

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Oh come on, dude. Yes, the Iranians, who are working very diligently to develop their own nuclear energy program, are willing to kill off their own top scientists to make it look like foreigners are doing it

It's not like Mossad or CIA hasn't assassinated enemy scientists before. Remember the Canadian scientist who was building a supergun for Iraq? He was murdered by Mossad.

Now of course that doesn't mean this is what happened.... Bt it is as good as any, and better than what was tood to us by the Iran gov

Ridiculous. You would rather believe an unfounded conspiracy over the official statement by the very government that this guy was working for. Just because Iran said it means they are lying? Are you saying the Iranian government is composed of liars? Because I know a few more significant nations that have leadership composed out of professional liars, lawyers as presidents even!
edit on 2-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
you can bet your ass that were goin to war with iran...only bad thing is if you guys go into war.. Canada automatically has to send our troops to.. effin hate it. We dont start a damn thing but we always gotta tag along. its really a shame and thats why i would never join our armed forces... cuz i wouldnt be fighting for Canada i would be fighting for America.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

but by the looks of things, the one thing iran is trying to do is stay out of war. with the brushing off the wikileaks as nothing more than a fraud.
idk if iran is the one trying to enter the fight, from my perspective, (especially if the leaks are indeed fake) US is the antagonizer.
although if this were to happen in america i would completely back your statement because it is in fact something america would do.... i'm just not sold on the "iran false-flag attack" idea.
honestly the more i learn about the guy, the less i dislike him. to me it seems as though iran is simply the nerd that is getting picked on and is not sitting back and taking it, and of course the good ol' usa is the bully.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200
you can bet your ass that were goin to war with iran...only bad thing is if you guys go into war.. Canada automatically has to send our troops to.. effin hate it. We dont start a damn thing but we always gotta tag along. its really a shame and thats why i would never join our armed forces... cuz i wouldnt be fighting for Canada i would be fighting for America.

Why, in the name of God, would Canada send troops to Iran? You think after the vast negative public opinion of our troops being used in Afghanistan that we would allow our troops to fight some crusade against Iran alongside warmongering Americans? We didn't go to Iraq because that would have been political suicide for Paul Martin's government; he canned the idea right before Harper got into power, and Harper was all gung ho to go. It will not happen this time either if Harper does not want his head on a pike.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown
As most probably expected, its likely the bombing was carried out by government agencies.Its strange that
they just seem a bit sloppy for being caught, I mean these are professionals, unless they have found some patsys who will take the blame . I will keep an eye out for more information and see what develops of this story. Did a search and at time of writing no one had posted.
What do you think??
Regards

uk.news.yahoo.com
edit on 2-12-2010 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

Iran has a terrifyingly efficient intelligence agency. AN also tells lies as easily as he breathes. At this stage IMO no way of knowing whether they're telling the truth, but they could well be and I suspect, probably are.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Oh come on, dude. Yes, the Iranians, who are working very diligently to develop their own nuclear energy program, are willing to kill off their own top scientists to make it look like foreigners are doing it

It's not like Mossad or CIA hasn't assassinated enemy scientists before. Remember the Canadian scientist who was building a supergun for Iraq? He was murdered by Mossad.

Ridiculous. You would rather believe an unfounded conspiracy over the official statement by the very government that this guy was working for. Just because Iran said it means they are lying? Are you saying the Iranian government is composed of liars? Because I know a few more significant nations that have leadership composed out of professional liars, lawyers as presidents even!
edit on 2-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

There has been a big number of deaths of scientists in Iraq too.

second

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

And you're going to sit there and believe that that scenario is beyond belief?

Come on man, Iran may be many things but one thing is for sure TPTB in Iran would and have been willing to do anything to stay in power. If that means stirring the pot of fear [just like any other Government in the world] in order to gain support from within then you better believe it's a possibility. I'm not saying it's a fact. all I am saying is let's not ASSUME it's not.

edit on 2-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It is likely that the operation was planned and prepared by said intelligence agencies but actually carried out by people who could move more freely in Tehran, with greater knowledge of the area and connections that could provide them with a safehouse following the operation, for example. In my opinion, prime suspects for carrying out the operation or at least assisting in a big way are Mujahideen-e Khalq, who have in the past offered intelligence to the US and the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan who are well experienced in carrying out assassinations on high-profile figures within Iran.

From the damage to the car it appears that the explosives were almost certainly small shaped charges and were not simply slapped together by some moron. They were also placed in a location that would vaporise the driver and limit collateral damage. Fereidoon Abassi only survived because he had got out of the car with his wife and began to walk away from it shortly before the IED exploded, possibly because he had noticed it being placed.

The men were not selected at random, Abassi was in the Revolutionary Guards and was sanctioned in a 2007 U.N. resolution because he was believed to be trying to obtain nuclear weapons. Shahriari was the leader of a team of scientists who were designing the core of a nuclear reactor.

It could very well have been a false-flag though, who knows. I certainly wouldn't put it past them but these aren't the first people who have been targeted and also happen to be connected to Iran's nuclear progam.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The Iranian themselves.

Whose to say it wasn't the Iranian Government cleaning house so to speak to remove possible or perceived leaks/threats within their own organization then turn around and use it as a....

uuuhmmm.....

get ready....

Wait for it....

an "Iranian False Flag"

That's right.
excellent call
Thank you

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2010 by EFGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It is always possible that the Iranians carried out the attack themselves. Will just have to wait to see if there are any more developments.
If was one of the aforementioned agencies then we cant expect to hear too much more about this except from the Iranian government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join