It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange captured (Update: Swedish website incorrectly declares)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiCitizenZone
reply to post by stuncrazy

WikiLeaks should be treated as a terrorist organization and be dealt with accordingly!

Another person which is brainwashed by our stupid system.

I support Julian 100% in what he is doing. People have the right to know these things. Even information which can put people in a really bad position.

We are being used way to long by our system.

Life your own life

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
reply to post by AntiCitizenZone

It's not a terrorist organization...

Really....? Oh..no wiki is where all the terrorist are...watch out..

You sound like some one who sits in their house glued to Fox news shivering that Bin Laden is going to kick your door down any second and put a gun to your head.. Get ahold of yourself. This guy might not be an angle but the over-all picture of what he is doing is keeping freedom to electronic press. People who see corruption in government need a safe place to get their information out. The minute we stop people like him is the minute people like you have no real way to fight back. Stop getting sucked into all the crap the network news can sell you.

Ok so your obviously 1 of the symphathizers Im refering to.I didnt say it was a terrorist organization I said it should be treated as one. If he lived in the US it would be treason. I dont watch the news I read it and preferably not FOX! He needs to be silenced like the brilliant thread here states!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If I were any leader of any nation I would have taken him in and given him a medal. I would have put him in a bunker somewhere....

How come no country did this?

Ecuador told him to come and he did not move?? How come?

Just try to get across the ocean and cross border control in places like USA and Panama from the North... not so easy these days, especially when you're wanted dead or alive like him by most major Northern countries. By air? Forget it, unless with a private jet or something, which he obviously doesn't have access to.

Great thing that Ecuador is run by good enough folks these days to host political subversives like Assange, but I wouldn't say the same about the UN's IATA.
edit on 3/12/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

I agree - at least 90%. I don't really see any point in releasing peoples passwords etc. They should consider what they leak.

I hope everyone understands that all the charges all completely made up. The guy reveals some incendiary material on the politicians and suddenly, whoops, the guy is charged of rape. So transparent. As I've said earlier, the beast is out of the cage, or has been for a few years now.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiCitizenZone

As I just said to the OP on this other nonsense thread you're linking to, without people like YOU, totalitarianism wouldn't be possible on this planet. Always easier to point the finger at the ones who actually have the strength and the will to stand up for the truth, than condemning the crooks who hide behind Law and Order, eh?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I hope they didnt capture and charge him. If he is charged with those false sexual abuse claims, who is the more corrupt one?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

You did not just compare the resources of bin Laden to Assange, did you? Julian Assange is a freaking hacker, while bin Laden is an international terrorist leader with a net worth of over $250M and thousands of followers. Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
you know I could understand if they released some thing good.. but so far nothing.. he will get caught if he hasn't already and he will be killed.. its only a matter of time.. its not like he would be missed.. I hope he get replaced by some one better..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

It is only a mater of time.

Once the Swedish government is done with him, the United States will come in and grab him.

Even though this story has been incorrectly reported, it is only a mater of time until it becomes true.

Hopefully we will catch this information terrorist.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The net was closing on Julian Assange tonight after Swedish prosecutors issued a fresh request to British police to extradite the WikiLeaks founder. Swedish authorities, who want to question Assange over sex offence allegations, issued a new warrant for his arrest. Mistakes in the original European arrest warrant sent by Swedish prosecutors to the Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) last month had prevented any move to apprehend the Australian. Although British police know Assange's whereabouts, understood to be in the south-east of England, his lawyer said that by this afternoon there had been no attempt to contact him.

Source has the rest

Source = www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 3-12-2010 by aivlas because: edit

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

From the cable gate

"Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures."

Is that not abraham lincoln you know good old honest abe....

How can wikileaks be so ignorant spreading their propaganda get your facts straight
Wikileaks you are a mere embarassment
edit on 3-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Cherry tree Apocryphal stories about Washington's childhood include a claim that he skipped a silver dollar across the Potomac River at Mount Vernon, and that he chopped down his father's cherry tree, and admitted the deed when questioned; "I can't tell a lie, Pa." The anecdote was first reported by biographer Parson Weems, who after Washington's death interviewed people who knew him as a child. The Weems version was very widely reprinted throughout the 19th century, for example in McGuffey Readers. Moralistic adults wanted children to learn moral lessons from the past from history, especially as taught by great national heroes like Washington. After 1890 however, historians insisted on scientific research methods to validate every story, and there was no evidence apart from Weems' report. Joseph Rodman in 1904 noted that Weems plagiarized other Washington tales from published fiction set in England; no one has found an alternative source for the cherry tree story, but Weems' credibility is under a cloud.[108][109]

Source = en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

since when exposing coruption and spying is terorism ? i don't know ..maybe the constition of US is changed meanwhile

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
you know I could understand if they released some thing good.. but so far nothing.. he will get caught if he hasn't already and he will be killed.. its only a matter of time.. its not like he would be missed.. I hope he get replaced by some one better..

what do you want to be released? Obama with coke and whores? what is good enough for you ?
In every normal country when goverment is working for the people when document go out like story of Hillary Clinton orders to spy on UN stuff.. things starting to happens like this for example :First Clinton will immediatlley resign,second Obama will forming commision to investigate the case ,then Senate and Kongress hearings ,District attourney will be involved too etc etc, and this is only from one document from 250 000

But this is not happening ,so the conclusion is : US is not a normal country and goverment is not working for the people, simple as that.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
is neardyneards even a swedish site ?

their servers are in texas

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

From the cable gate

"Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures."

Is that not abraham lincoln you know good old honest abe....

How can wikileaks be so ignorant spreading their propaganda get your facts straight
Wikileaks you are a mere embarassment
edit on 3-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Here, have a link to a childrens site that will educate you to a level beyond what you apparantly currently possess

www.apples4theteacher.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I guess they want something about 911 to come out, which isn't going to happen through this.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why did they call him honest abe just that BECAUSE HE never told a lie... Don't fool yourself.....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

You should just let this one go. You're not doing yourself any favors.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

He wasn't caught! False info. *sigh*
edit on 3-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

Just a brief taste of what is to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join