It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Stupid? Or is the world jealous?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sensen

I did not know that, I've learnt something today

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensen

But I don't see what you are trying to say with your link...

I was just trying to correct the false assumption that someone referred to America as being a 'sleeping giant' is all. It was, in fact, China being referred to.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

but they did, two films, and delectably Yamamoto? Regardless of it's origins it has been used to refer to the US, and I stand by my prior statement

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by wcitizen

reply to post by wcitizen

Huh? Maybe its because I'm tired but your post makes absolutely no sense to me in the context of my post.

Please explain? (Aussies will get that one
)

OMG I replied to the wrong person........it wasn't meant for you, and now it's too late to edit it! What to do?

Sincere apologies, on bended knees!

Haha its OK mate, took me a few minutes but it dawned on me that you didn't mean that for me.

You can edit it by the way - above the post next to the "Quote" and "Reply" buttons should be an "Edit" function.

It has passed the 4 hour limit, so I can't edit...I tried straight away!
edit on 2-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's all good mate, anyone reading the thread will see this page and realise it wasn't directed at me - don't stress mate it's cool

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It's all good mate, anyone reading the thread will see this page and realise it wasn't directed at me - don't stress mate it's cool

All's good then. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sensen

LOL Your WW2 comments made me laugh, Britain would never have fallen to Germany, we won the Battle of Britain

Result Decisive British victory

The failure of Germany to achieve its objectives of destroying Britain's air defences, or forcing Britain to negotiate an armistice or an outright surrender, is considered its first major defeat and one of the crucial turning points in the war.[27] If Germany had gained air superiority, Adolf Hitler might have launched Operation Sea Lion, an amphibious and airborne invasion of Britain.

en.wikipedia.org...

United Kingdom
Canada
VS
Nazi Germany
Italy

Germany did not have the rescourses or soldiers, the Russians were the first to enter Berlin, America just come along and attack a very very weak Germany.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Don't forget the Nazis stuffed the Russian invasion up by invading during Winter and freezing themselves solid halfway there. No need for American help, or any help for that matter, they screwed their own pooch (or should I say Schnauzer?)!
edit on 2/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

"Wow. Us Americans sure are dumb".

When people read the illiteracy coming out of this country, it
isn't hard to realize that there is an unbelievable amount of uneducated,
ignorant people here in the US. Read what you said above.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

some americans are stupid, and i am certain some people are jealous, saying is it is this or that when both are true does not get to the truth of the matter.

yes there are stupid americans, there are ignorant americans etc. but you get that in every country around the world, there are stupid ignorant people everywhere.

the only thing i think america seems to have more of than any other country, is americans who think their country is somehow more important in the world or better than any other country in the world, just because they have the illusion of freedom, and allow certain rights, and have lots of bombs.

it's one thing to love your country, but to place yourself and act as though you own the world or have more rights than any other country, that's the attitude that gets me angry. but i understand it is not ALL americans and there are some very good people in america who really do believe and stand for freedom even if it is an illusion, and mean well.

trust me there are stupid people in my country, the u.k., and lets be honest, it does not matter how inteligent somebody is, we all still have our stupid moments, regardless of what it is that we did that was stupid.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by allthegoodusernamestaken

Or landing 4000 marines when disaster strikes. Like in Haiti.

the haiti situation is classic, the rest of the world sends in food ,water ,shelter and the united states sends in marines made up of combat hardened veterens of afghanistan and iraq.

that's what haiti needed, a military occupation force to keep them poor and repressed for the next 100 years.

maybe the u.s. can reinstall its puppet dictator and bring back "papa doc" duvalier to murder and kill dissidents.

oh ya, and the world hates america because it's jealous.

edit on 2-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Look. I'm an American and I'd consider myself intelligent.
The fact is, the majority of Americans are not very smart. It's not their fault, they don't have some genetic predisposition to ignorance, it's just the way our school systems are. It's the way we are told to work and consume. We live in these little bubbles of opiate bliss, people don't learn because they don't have to and the government no longer stresses education. I've long said that children should have common sense and reasoning classes.

Also.. if you think you can get out of prison in American and get a job you're crazy. This is something America is probably the worst for. If you have a DUI in the states you are pretty much # out of luck getting a job.

Don't get me wrong though. Not all Americans are stupid. And I would actually guarantee the ratio is the same everywhere. The fact is their is a bigger need for low paid, menial job employees everywhere. Just look around here on ATS at the spelling some of these cats used. I guy at the top of this page said "learnt" for christ sake and I'm still praying he was being ironic.
edit on 2-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Americans these days are stupid because our educational system is in taters, and we have it ingrained in our culture that anything even remotely resembling intellectualism is to be violently and immediately rejected.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What we see in the U.S... the dumbing down of the population in general.. has been going on for more than 30 years. And, it has also been happening in every other first world nation on the planet.

In my little town a few hours west of the coastal Glitz-strip I note the decreased IQ levels of the majority. It concerns me because all of these people are breeding like rabbits while the more intelligent and adept/capable are having small families or putting off having kids while youn gto focus on careers, etc. Meanwhile the balance becomes heavily unbalanced.

It reminds me of a movie I saw some time back about the end result of the long term dumb-down agenda... my memory isn't finding the film name though.

Nationalistic Ferver is misplaced. It is a cause of many problems in the world. What we need is a Global Village Ferver.. where it is recognised that all people are citizens of the Earth, and that none are superior because of the patch of ground they were born to or moved to.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
To all my fellow United States citizens... Stop calling yourselves "Americans" It is insulting to most of the people who also inhabit America... You also make those of us who actually know geography look stupid. What do you not understand? You and I are not the only Americans... Mexicans, Brazilians, Canadians and yes even the Argentinians are by logic... American. Nationalism at it's finest (or worst?).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

The movie you are thinking of is "Idiocracy" and it is pretty spot on about our national intelligence level. Not only that, but it was a pretty funny movie and one with a message that gets lost upon the mouth breathers, making it even funnier.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Also, you do realise that Europe and America are not the only 2 countries on Earth? There are many others you know......

Hello! please try to remember that Europe is not a country, I don't know how many times I've seen this misconception here on ATS and it's getting on my nerves

To the OP:

We're all stupid, some more, others less, but I'm sure as hell not jealous!

edit on 2-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: I'm stupid!

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Neither is America. I would appreciate if you would help "rat out" those that do not understand geography. If we don't... my country will be MORE full (bad grammar, I know) with people who think Africa is also country.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Haydn_17

No need for American help, or any help for that matter
. That's a really disgusting thing to say after all the sacrifices made by Americans in that war effort. And whatabout post-ww2? You know, when all of Western Europe was begging the US for financial aid, supplies and food that came in the form of the Marshall Plan? You know, that part in history where many Western European countries were reconstructed thanks to American aid and later protected from the USSR thanks to our help? Why do many Europeans and people like you (who seem to dislike the US no matter what) seem to ignore thus period in history? I guess the answer is fairly simple, you guys just don't want to admit we helped/saved your asses too (and yes I'm talking about you Aussies too who would've otherwise been speaking Japanese had it not been for us defeating them, your welcome
) Have a nice life and don't forget your history.
edit on 2-12-2010 by MareBellator because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by MareBellator because: Posting from a phone sucks

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator
That's a really disgusting thing to say after all the sacrifices made by Americans in that war effort. And whatabout post-ww2? You know, when all of Western Europe was begging the US for financial aid, supplies and food that came in the form of the Marshall Plan? You know, that part in history where many Western European countries were reconstructed thanks to American aid and later protected from the USSR thanks to our help? Why do many Europeans and people like you (who seem to dislike the US no matter what) seem to ignore thus period in history? I guess the answer is fairly simple, you guys just don't want to admit we helped/saved your asses too (and yes I'm talking about you Aussies too who would've otherwise been speaking Japanese had it not been for us defeating them, your welcome
) Have a nice life and don't forget your history.

Let's keep emotional responses out of the discussion shall we.

The U.S. did not save Australia from certain invasion by Japan.. the U.S. fought the Japanese a very long way from here in order to protect their own interests. It was Australian and New Zealanders who fought and stopped the overwhelming Japanese forces in New Guinea.. in an area we call the Kokoda Trail.

It was helpful to have Japan bombed into submission to stop their advances in the western pacific, that is for sure... otherwise you would now be speaking Japanese. But it was not solely the U.S. who did all the fighting that late in the war. But I digress in forgetting that history is written by the Victors.

I am almost certain too that the U.S. was not the only country involved in Post-War rebuilding projects. I think many other countries were involved in that process in many different countries.

No offence meant to you by my words here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join