It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is white pride a bad thing?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Casting agent fired over The Hobbit racism row

A CASTING agent for the New Zealand-based production of The Hobbit has been dismissed after placing newspaper advertisements seeking extras with "light skin tones," New Zealand Press Association (NZPA) reports.

The agent advertised in the Bay of Plenty Times, listing essential requirements for potential hobbits, including age (16-80), height - below 5ft, 7ins (170cm) for men and 5ft, 2ins (158cm) for women - and the requirement that women have light skin tones.

How many times are there casting calls made for "Afrcian American males" or "Women of Asian appearance"? Oh but this is allowed because White People apparently have some metaphysical field surrounding them which automatically makes them better off and more privileged than other races.

--------------------------

White pride is perceived negatively because White people are unfairly demonised for the colour of their skin tone alone. You can see this in the many replies so far in this thread. People have been so brainwashed to feel guilt and shame for the colour of their skin that to mention any hint of pride for White Culture is to be seen as racist. Non-whites can openly talk about how White people have raped and pillaged the land and resources of native peoples (by virtue of their skin colour of course) but non-whites scream racism when the same standards are applied to their race for dark moments in their history!

But hey, I guess as a white heterosexual male I should just shut my mouth and let the demonisation and oppression of my race go ahead unchallenged; after all, I have no justification to stand up for the rights of my people because of things done by people with pale skin in the past.
edit on 2/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar, added info

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

There is a Reality TV show I watch. The people form alliances. This year a group decided to form a minority alliance. So the young Spanish, Black, and Asian folks formed a group. There was also a group of older people over 40 and were not asked to be part of this group. My first thought was what if a group was formed called the White alliance? I think there would be an uproar in the USA. I also watch a TV show called BET Awards (Black Entertainment Awards) on a TV network called BET (Black Entertainment). BET surely singles out skin color in this example.. Would the citizens USA tolerate a solely White entertainment awards show or a solely white TV Network? Surely not. Then of course there are the Spanish and Latin TV networks. I don't think an all white network would be tolerated. I think just saying the words all white will lead to racist comments. This is NOT a white power post. I just don't understand the double standards.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Star for you! Well said.. People need to see past all of these things and realize we are human and we are one. I know my post above may not give you the impression that I follow this creed but I did it to play devil's advocate. Discussion. Too many people are hung-up on the trivial matters. When we are faced with something catastrophic or world uniting, much could change... Until then I fear we are stuck in this loop.
edit on 2-12-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: *

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everyone in this thread is talking about culture or heritage... I doubt that's what the OP was going for.

I'll break it down like this...

"Black Power" is a statement of pride and is acceptable.
"White Power" is a statement of racism and will get you shunned.

But they both mean the same damn thing! So why the double standard?

Ok, ok. Slavery... whatever. Who were the ones who captured and sold slaves? They weren't white people like the movies would have you believe. Who was the first person in the US to own a slave? He certainly wasn't a white person, nor was the first slave a black person.

Of course there isn't a single white culture. There isn't a single black culture either, in fact there are more "black" cultures than "white" cultures, so why is Black Power okay and not White Power? What is the message behind that? Does it mean that one color is better than the other?

I for one hold no white guilt, because you can't blame all your problems on the "white man". I love my light skin tone and green eyes, and I wouldn't want them any other way, because I love who I am as an individual. I guess that makes me a racist for thinking that way huh? Nevermind the fact that I see all races as complete equals and I judge solely as Dr. King intended. On the inside we are all definitely the same, but I see nothing wrong with having pride in the way you look, as vain as that may sound. It's all a part of loving who you are.

I say have pride in your skin color no matter what color you are, as long as your intentions are good and you respect other races just as you would your own race.

WHITE POWER!
edit on 2-12-2010 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with being proud of your race, heritage, ethnicity, etc as long as you grant everyone else the freedom to do the same- case closed...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

What exactly have whites had to fight for or struggle for?? Umm..nothing!! They moved from place to place slaughtering natives and taking over. Is that what you wanna celebrate?? If theres something specific for whites to celebrate then please enlighten me...

And i agree that whites don't really have a "culture" that's just my opinion.

This has got to be the single most ignorant post I have seen on ATS yet. "Whites" didn't slaughter anyone or take over anything, the elites did. Just because many (not all) elites happened to be white, doesn't mean you can or should blame a whole race. That's as ignorant as blaming all black people for crime or all Jews for usury.

Furthermore, just about every race and creed has faced hardship in this plant's jaded history. For instance, did you know that whites were slaves right here in America, along with blacks? Did you know that there were many black slave owners? While American slavery produced mostly black victims, it wasn't only black victims and it certainly wasn't the fault of any race, so much as it was the fault of a particular class. I think something like less than 1% (much less) of Americans owned slaves, with a greater per-capita of free black slave owners to white slave owners, at least according to one estimate based on the census records. Slavery wasn't about whites owning blacks, instead it was about the elite taking advantage of the lowest class.

Then, when you move farther back through history, you'll see that whites were predominantly slaves, particularly to the Romans and Greeks. I could really list all of the instances where people of every color have been oppressed and taken advantage of, but frankly, I don't think ATS has enough storage space to do so.

The point being that you can't blame an entire race for the actions of a few. Had you done that against any other race, there would be no question that you would be labeled a racist, yet for some odd reason it isn't so apparent so long as your racism is projected against whites.

The elites, through out history, have taken advantage of many people and they still do so to this day, as nothing has really changed in that arena, However, believe it or not, the elites and the white race (if there is even such a thing), are not synonymous. In fact, many elites, through out history and even today, are not white.

As far as "whites" having a culture, it depends on how ambiguous your terming of "whites" is. White Europeans certainly have a lot of culture, very rich culture and in fact, it is because of that culture that we enjoy the many advancements in science, technology and academics (though certainly not limited to European culture, as the Arabs achieved alot of advancements too). If it wasn't for both of the Arab and European cultures, we would still be trouncing the forest, scavenging for food and busting open coconuts with bare rock tools.

As far as the OP, there are many races that do celebrate their color or race. When white people do it, they are racist, though when blacks or latinos do it, not so much. It's not a rare occasion to hear about "black power" , "proud black woman" or something to that affect. Could you imagine if a white person were to insinuate the same thing? They are immediately demonized, and maybe for good reason, though it's somehow okay for blacks and more rarely, latinos (brown power).

Some people have said that latinos for instance are celebrating their culture, not their color but in all actuality, they are celebrating their latino people, just as whites would be doing with "white pride" (which should not be confused with "white power"). You could say, well there are German or Italian festivals for instance, so white people do celebrate their culture. However, that's kind of sidestepping the issue. It would be the same as saying that Mexicans should be content with "Cinco De Mayo" or only celebrating their Mexican heritage, as opposed to Latino heritage. White people should be able to celebrate their heritage and wondrous achievements, without having to be worried about being labeled a racist, just as every single other classification of people can do. I find it extremely contradictory and hypocritical that whites are the only ones who are socially prevented from taking pride in who they are and where they come from, while at the same time, they are being indoctrinated to be ashamed of their ancestors, even though many of the world's great achievements are as a result of those ancestors. Now, before anyone makes the ignorant statement that "whites are to blame for many of the world's ills", thus we should be ashamed, that same logic would then apply to blacks and blacks should then be ashamed for the extensive crime rates, to include violent crime and rape. That logic should also apply to Jews (my family) and usury or Latinos and narco-terrorism.

Regardless, I believe that people should be free to believe in whatever they want to believe in and take part in whatever they want to take part in, so long as it doesn't affect anyone else. These days, it is politically correct to be racist against whites, while it is tantamount to a heinous crime for a white person to even be mistaken as such.

Kind of a huge double standard and it is what drives many whites to be racist, in my opinion. In fact, I would say it is a divide and conquer tactic by certain influences to keep us from uniting for the good of the world.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

And now for some insight.....

AHAHAHAHAHAHA I watched that just yesterday ... how relevant .... pretty much just sums it all up in a few minutes.

Who cares what colour you are ... we should walk around saying HUMAN POWER. Im pretty sure most of the slavery throughout history was all CLASS based not race based.

TBH the future tribulations will be all classed based as well ... thats the real problem ... it has nothing to do with race.
edit on 2/12/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Star and Flag.

Indeed, assume that slavery and oppression is class-based, with an emphasis on wealth. You owe money, can't pay, and are poor, you and your children are sold into slavery. This is an ingenious solution to an Elite since most of the minority would conveniently fall into the slot.

They are not wealthy, so they must be poor and easily controlled by lack of wealth. They are not a threat when oppressed with slavery; neither are their descendants. Just so happens they figured-out they (elites) could kill two birds with only throwing one stone and if one survived, it could die quickly while pecking the other to death and solves the problem while a third bird eats all the worms and lays eggs in an already-built nest or two.

Civil Rights issues is only the "mid-way" point of actualizing humanity into realizing we must stop and honestly admit that race or minority is not the solution we thought it would be...it is just a hard-won respite in the long war of gaining equality for all of humanity. This must happen and the notion of "racial equality" and "color power" are meaningless when compared to "Human Power."

There is no other way.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by No_man4

Where do the homosexuals fit in then. If they are 'proud' thats makes them arrogant as well. Thats a devisive description which is their own and yet thyey weant to be accepted but see themselves as separate!

How does all that fit in whith culture as homesexuals have their own culture within their own culture and skin colour groups as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

BS. black slaves were sold by black slave traders & arabs. Africans enslaved their own people. Whites have been slaves. It has nothing to do with overcoming hardships. That is why there's a Black Entertainment Television. Why not a White Entertainment Television? Hardships my butt!
edit on 2-12-2010 by TruthSeeker8300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Why can every other culture celebrate their culture in the US. but if whites want to celebrate their culture or if they are proud of their heritage, they are automatically a racist?

How do you define 'white culture'?

Does that include Italians and the Irish?

Eastern Europe?

Because I don't think there is anything called 'white culture', because 'white' is not a culture or a race.
edit on 2-12-2010 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300

BS. black slaves were sold by black slave traders & arabs. Africans enslaved their own people.

You seem to be missing a big part fof that trade, namely europeans.

Whites have been slaves. It has nothing to do with overcoming hardships.

It doesn't? When was the most recent point in history that 'whites' have been slaves?

That is why there's a Black Entertainment Television. Why not a White Entertainment Television? Hardships my butt!

Is this satire?
edit on 2-12-2010 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If "Black" is a race then White is a race. Hispanic is an invented race for liberal political purposes which is really made up of members of the Black race and White race. Oriental is a race. Ethnic groups are something different.

There should be no pride nor shame, guilt nor innocence, nor hate in racial idenities. Pride only belongs to the individual who earned his or her own self respect. But if we are to continue to permit the Left to play the race tribe game in the US, Whites should not be pretending liberals are still into mining racism and race division for power and Whites should not be cooperating with it in any way. The missing white idenity in the US would be the philosphy and struggle of constitutional freedom and the Left wants to erase the memory of that! Their ideology is the constitution's opposite.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The "White" divide and conquer scheme was designed to discriminate between the semetic and the goyim. Spot on piggy, wave on, wave on lil trooper.
Relax folks, it could have been a 'dog'.....

This happens when folks take 'messages' in a book of 'man' such as the Talmud and use it to discriminate against 'other' folks of whom were actually their brethren all along.

A divide and conquer tactic found very effective for the fiat international bankster class/cabal to use for a 'us' vs. them strategy while all along those involved are highly 'unreligious'. It is merely a divide and conquer tactic, a fiction of your reality. people, people, people.....

I try not to 'categorize' folks though they often do it for me.
You too?
Yes,

no?
yes.
edit on 48pm081014121031201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
One of the major reasons why I see White Pride is a bad thing is like how I see Black Pride. Racism!
If you're proud of being White or of being European heritage and you can respect others then I would respect you. I find it difficult to respect a person who is proud of their race and is a member of the Nazis, KKK or the Nation of Islam.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
White pride is not a bad thing. But having pride in white privilege is.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Hispanic is an invited race? I see you don't know your history.

Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico) is a term that originally denoted a relationship to the ancient Hispania, a country that geographically coincided with the Iberian Peninsula. During the Modern Era, Hispanic sometimes takes on a more limited meaning, relating to the contemporary nation of Spain, one of the successor states of Hispania. Still more recently, the term has also (or alternatively) been used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority of the population speaking the Spanish language. Collectively known as Hispanic America, this definition includes Mexico, the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles. The nations formerly pertaining to the Spanish East Indies, are sometimes also included in this definition, as their cultures have some Spanish or Latin American elements.

Wikipedia source

Wikipedia gives great information.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
To me it does not matter the color of your skin or where you come from or even the horrible things that our ancestors did to others. I do not feel that it's a fair analogy to say that other races would think that you are a racist because you are white and want to celebrate your heritage. For some reason or another people think that you should follow the politically correct path as not offend another race or culture especially if you are white because you would be called a bigot or a racist. However I feel that sugar coating your speech just to please others is a load of BS and so is being afraid to celebrate your heritage for the same reason. I am of American Indian and Scottish decent and am proud of both. To feel that you can not celebrate your culture because you may be labeled or might make someone mad only shows that you are scared of what the world around you.

If you are proud of your heritage and want to celebrate then do so. If you think that friends or family will be mad or offended all I can say is life is a two way street and if it is asked of you to respect someone else' heritage then they should give you the same courtesy.....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

The slaves sold to whites in the Usa were treated better than they were in Africa. The black Americans with ancestors that were slaves can't include themselves in that. So they deserve NOTHING!
None of the slaves are alive today. Slavery still goes on today in various forms. The sex trade is a form of slavery.

Also, no, what I said isn't satire. There should be no black history month, there should be no bet.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

It doesn't? When was the most recent point in history that 'whites' have been slaves?

Are you serious?

Saudi Arabia holds female Americans in white slavery

THE PROBLEM OF WHITE SLAVERY AT THE END OF THE SECOND MILLENNIUM

Where the Slave Trade Heads

White slavery in Saudi Arabia....

White Slavery Today In Israel

All from a simple google search...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join