It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA did discovery of 'alien' bacteria that survives in arsenic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
discovery of 'alien' bacteria that survives in arsenic!

Incredible microbe found in California lake Nasa scientists are set to announce that bacteria have been discovered that can survive in arsenic, an element previously thought too toxic to support life, it can be revealed.

In a press conference scheduled for tomorrow evening, researchers will unveil the discovery of the incredible microbe - which substitutes arsenic for phosphorus to sustain its growth - in a lake in California.

The remarkable discovery raises the prospect that life could exist on other planets which do not have phosphorus in the atmosphere, which had previously been thought vital for life to begin.

Yes people it has started disclosure is on the move now for real. For me this statement and the possible planet or brown dwarf and all the mysterious sun activity and the major sightings all over the world thats going on declares that the believers among us will finally prevail. The day we are all being waiting for will arrive very soon my friends!

I couldn't find this specifically news coverage but if its already being placed before don't give me credit!

They have been warned to tell the world for the end of this year and they choose this way! incredible!

Mail online!

The sun

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Great.

Now, let me know when the Aliens land and have a keg party.

I don't want to be so bland about this discovery but, for me, I believe they know a lot more and that this announcement is a slap in the face to us. More treating us like little kids.

What pisses me off is that THEY wouldn't have anything with out US and our tax money. Give us ALL the info. We can handle it.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yeah or you can turn this around and say they are the little kids that stole the candy and admitting it piece by piece

And maybe the tax payer are willing to donate more if they simply said the truth about all this !
edit on 11/15/2009 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

link   
I speculated in another thread earlier yesterday that this was most likely what NASA will be talking about today...

Mak Manto's Post

Here is the post:

I'm not too psyched...

This is most likely about the finding at Mono Lake in Yosemite National Park, on the finding of more arsenic microbial lifeforms.

The reason why this will be big is that arsenic is a deadly toxin. Yet, these microbes breathe this stuff in and are able to live. So, it could mean that if life does exist elsewhere, and the planet has large amounts of arsenic, it might be plausible for life to be there.

If this was BIG NEWS, why wait a full day? I mean, like "We discovered a radio signal that states there is intelligent life out there."

They specifically use the words "impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life." That automatically means they haven't found extraterrestrial life. They've just discovered something that will help it.

Thus, most likely, the finding on arsenic life.

link   
This discovery would basically mean that life has evolved on Earth twice. Independently.

It is the science discovery of the century, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It does seem of late that they are giving us small amounts of information, easily forgotten or shrugged off by the majority of the global populace. Just to be reiterated at a later stage. When the world has/is about to hit the proverbial fan.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This kind of finding doesn't need a press conference. Even high school students already know that life can survive even in very harsh conditions and without the presence of oxygen.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
We already knew that life could survive without oxygen and sunlight though. The extremophiles that live at the bottom of the sea in high pressures and temperatures obviously cannot use sunlight. They oxidise sulphur and other inorganic compounds

Wikipedia - Extremophiles

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is not about bacteria surviving in extreme conditions. The conditions in the lake are extreme, sure, but this is about life being based on a completely different biochemistry, one that uses arsenic instead of phosphorous. It's life that has no relation to any of the life that's currently known, ergo life that has been come to existence independently from the life that we evolved from.

This is the find of the century. Or the millennium.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
We already knew that life could survive without oxygen and sunlight though. The extremophiles that live at the bottom of the sea in high pressures and temperatures obviously cannot use sunlight. They oxidise sulphur and other inorganic compounds

Wikipedia - Extremophiles

But did they also used the words alien bacteria to other made discoveries by them ?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I'm sure everyone was saying the same things when they were discovered, I know when I first learnt about them in biology that's all I could think about

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Note to self do not swim in a lake in California.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
this find is definitely interesting. however...yet again people are jumping on the " ZOMG we're so close to disclosure now!" bandwagon. trouble is....we've been hearing these same conclusions about everything new nasa finds...for decades. it's always supposed to be at the end of the year, or in five years. yet never does it happen. inevitably those who cry out "disclosure!" then fall back on " well they're just letting off breadcrumbs, it won't happen all at once". now i'm not saying aliens don't exist, but to the disclosure hysterics all i have to say is : whaaatever

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Already a topic on front page.

new topics

top topics

join