It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flying Armored Car.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... 16wc0kLWW

It looks too far-fetched to be anything but a child’s toy. But for front-line troops in Afghanistan, this revolutionary vehicle could soon be a reality. The road-going army truck turns into a helicopter at the touch of a button, allowing it to fly above hazards such as roadside bombs. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 16s5T7Qva

Wow, quite the step up in terms of transportation of settled troops. You would think it would be a plane, but nope, full out helicopter on top. In my opinon its better than a .50 cal on top

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is an interesting concept.

It looks kinda funny though, I think I had a GI Joe toy like this when I was a kid

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I guess Kevin Smith needs to rewrite his short:

Caution 'R' language:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Haha, its amazing how the concept of a flying car back then was shunned. Today, its a race. Pun intended

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Haha, its amazing how the concept of a flying car back then was shunned. Today, its a race. Pun intended

I still laugh at the 1950-1960's mentality that by the year 2000 all of this great technology such as flying cars would be commonplace.
Not that the technology we have compared to 50 years ago isnt spectacular, because it certainly is, but its just gone in such a different direction. Flying car -- not yet. Amazing amounts of data and technology streaming at lightning fast speeds to handheld devices -- old news.
What will tomorrow really bring?

I wonder everyday what kind of technological world will be seen in the next 50 years and how will it compare to the last 50.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The futuristic flying car that's a helicopter and a plane?
It looks as if it's more for domestic use I've heard rumours that they are making remote controlled flying saucers with a video camera a sort of unmanned and ready to destroy anything without putting people's lives at risk mind you I have not seen any photos or diagrams but I have unseen drawings and diagrams of UFO is made by the Nazis 60 years ago. I don't always believe what I read in the newspapers the futuristic flying car looks something good for a film or weird cartoon animation characters and please remember to search for information on the Nazis made Ufos.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This doesn't seem like a very practical invention considering the problem of both needing to be an armored vehicle they are getting around in... But also fully capable of flight.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hummmm, would it require a seperate powerplant for flight? It wold also require a rear rotor to remain stable. Thhis vehicle would be extremely vulnerable during take-off and landing. It would also be very heavy, even with composite armour.

I, for one, would not like to be on board one of these as it tries to take off during an ambush. Certainly, if I wanted to take this out, I would stage a ambush, wait for it to deploy for flight mode and concentrate my heavy fire into the rear stabiliser and bring it down.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Hummmm, would it require a seperate powerplant for flight? It wold also require a rear rotor to remain stable. Thhis vehicle would be extremely vulnerable during take-off and landing. It would also be very heavy, even with composite armour.

I, for one, would not like to be on board one of these as it tries to take off during an ambush. Certainly, if I wanted to take this out, I would stage a ambush, wait for it to deploy for flight mode and concentrate my heavy fire into the rear stabiliser and bring it down.

Where's your sense of adventure man!
Don't be afraid of the unknown

On a serious note I will say that it's high time the civilian sector made moves on flying vehicles than have to rely on the military sector all the time for the 'trickle-down' effect.

new topics

top topics

join