It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Warrant for Julian Assange: Invalid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Link to Source

The paper said that British police knew where the internet whistle-blower was -- believed to be a location in southeast England -- but could not act on the information as the European arrest warrant was incorrectly filled out.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The Red Notice by Interpol is not enforceable due to the fact that the "warrant" was filed as a request as a witness rather being charged. It seems these women who both stated the the sexual relations were consensual but escalated to something unwanted is just a smear campaign as Mr. Assange said. Washington Post

I think that this is just like the Ben Rothlesburger or Kobe Bryant scandals. Just girls trying to get attention, that is my assumption.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Seriously if they knew where he was they would not make this public knowledge, they would have had another warrant by now and would have arrested him.... something else is going on here, what though, I dont know?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If wikileaks gets enough attention, it's gonna be really difficult to hold him without heavy political fallout.
I bet they'd rather silently help move him elsewhere than draw all the attention onto them and make him a martyr.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't know if this can count a valid post but...

LMAO...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
There is no interpol arrest warrant. The warrant is from Sweden and there was some type of error on it making it non enforceable until corrected.

Interpol issued a Red Notice for Assange.

Interpol Red Notice

An Interpol Red Notice is not an international arrest warrant.

These Interpol 'Red Notices' represent only a tiny fraction of the number of red notices issued by Interpol.

The persons concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions (or the International Criminal Tribunals, where appropriate) and Interpol's role is to assist the national police forces in identifying or locating those persons with a view to their arrest and extradition.

These red notices allow the warrant to be circulated worldwide with the request that the wanted person be arrested with a view to extradition.

A distinction is drawn between two types of red notice: the first type is based on an arrest warrant and is issued for a person wanted for prosecution; the second type is based on a court decision for a person wanted to serve a sentence.

While its possible to have mistakes on search or arrest warrants within a country, its a legal issue when its enforced outside the borders. It will be corrected and reissued.

new topics

top topics

join